KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Great Wall of America

The Great Wall of America
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It really kind of sounds like he's backing off the idea of the wall being a high priority. He went from saying "I'll shut down the government if the wall isn't funded" to "I'll talk about DACA but only if the wall is funded" to "The wall being funded isn't required for DACA talks".

I think Rob is probably right. He's at the point now where he wants to replace some fancing with a more solid wall and say "Okay here's the wall, leave me alone now".

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
It really kind of sounds like he's backing off the idea of the wall being a high priority. He went from saying "I'll shut down the government if the wall isn't funded" to "I'll talk about DACA but only if the wall is funded" to "The wall being funded isn't required for DACA talks".

I think Rob is probably right. He's at the point now where he wants to replace some fancing with a more solid wall and say "Okay here's the wall, leave me alone now".

This is the danger of a the current political climate. I don't want someone to try to fulfill a promise if it won't benefit us, just to stave off folk whining about it., But even the people who do not want a wall would use it as a chance to attack Trump if he didn't build it, that is the hilarious part.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Cracking down on the companies that employ them would be a good start.
I agree that is worth pursuing, but that doesn't add to our functional control of the border.

Again, I reiterate the question, for anyone against the wall(I'm on the fence, no pun intended): What is a better alternative for securing our borders?

All I've heard from liberal opponents so far is immigration reform, which once again is not an actual alternative for increasing functional control of the border.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:19 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
This is the danger of a the current political climate. I don't want someone to try to fulfill a promise if it won't benefit us, just to stave off folk whining about it., But even the people who do not want a wall would use it as a chance to attack Trump if he didn't build it, that is the hilarious part.

IOW: "Don't insult my Trump even when he fails!"

This is this problem with you people, it's never Trump's fault, it's always the fault of someone else, this time apparently the people who expect Trump to fulfill his promises and desperately want a wall to hide behind and the people who see it as a massive waste of tax dollars since Mexico is 'not going to fcking pay for it'.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I agree that is worth pursuing, but that doesn't add to our functional control of the border.

Again, I reiterate the question, for anyone against the wall(I'm on the fence, no pun intended): What is a better alternative for securing our borders?

All I've heard from liberal opponents so far is immigration reform, which once again is not an actual alternative for increasing functional control of the border.

We need forcefield technology, stat! And yet I bet if we had the tech to stop illegals from crossing without spending a huge load of money people would still complain.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
IOW: "Don't insult my Trump even when he fails!"

This is this problem with you people, it's never Trump's fault, it's always the fault of someone else, this time apparently the people who expect Trump to fulfill his promises and desperately want a wall to hide behind and the people who see it as a massive waste of tax dollars since Mexico is 'not going to fcking pay for it'.

And my problem with whiny little shits is they whine even if Trump doesn't want to do something they are against. Instead of being glad, they use it as a chance to run their mouths some more.

Which hey they can do that, but it shows they do not care about the issue...they just care about running that mouth. Anything to have a go at Trump. Which is your right. Just no whining if he wins in 2020, that ship has sailed.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:22 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

My thoughts on 2020 is that it really depends on the Democrats and who they pick to run against Trump. I find it difficult to think that Trump could win in 2020 off of his own merit.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:25 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
My thoughts on 2020 is that it really depends on the Democrats and who they pick to run against Trump. I find it difficult to think that Trump could win in 2020 off of his own merit.

This is true, their behavior determines the next president. So far? It is not very good. Lessons from Hilary have not been truly learned.

I truly thought his victory would be a sort of wake up call, but no it just caused them to double down.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:27 PM
Adam_PoE

Some people in Africa believe that raping an infant will cure HIV. Can I tell them it definitely will not unless I can offer a cure of my own? This is the same shit argument you always trot out. "Well, do you have a better idea?" As if not having a better alternative means we have to let people rape babies.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:30 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Some people in Africa believe that raping an infant will cure HIV. Can I tell them it definitely will not unless I can offer a cure of my own? This is the same shit argument you always trot out. "Well, do you have a better idea?" As if not having a better alternative means we have to let people rape babies.

What an awful place Africa seems like.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

And my problem with whiny little shits is they whine even if Trump doesn't want to do something they are against. Instead of being glad, they use it as a chance to run their mouths some more.

Which hey they can do that, but it shows they do not care about the issue...they just care about running that mouth. Anything to have a go at Trump. Which is your right. Just no whining if he wins in 2020, that ship has sailed.

Once again confirming that you believe Trump won because people insulted him too much (oh the hypocrisy) and to the point that Trumpers voted on their hurt feelings.

I laughed. Yes, do that thing.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

As stupid as I think the wall is, that's a terrible strawman and false equivalency Adam. A physical barrier could actually be used to help secure the border, whereas raping an infant not only does jack shit to cure HIV, but also constitutes a serious violation of human rights.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:32 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

We already have physical barriers "securing" the Southern border. Turning a fence into a wall that is not manned/watched around the clock will accomplish nothing, they'll simple go through it, under or around as they have been.

Also of note, why isn't Trump worried about our more expansive Northern border? Probably because there's more White people than Brown people.

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:35 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well since people overstaying visas make up a bigger portion of the illegal immigrant population than does those who enter illegally across the bordered, dealing with that somehow would probably help more than building a wall.

http://cmsny.org/publications/jmhs-...ys-border-wall/

As for security on the physical border goes, I think any number of things would be more efficient than just building a wall.

-Increase the number of border agents and improve their training, and maybe higher pay.

-Improve their tools and the tech used by them to help them find and flush out the various tunnels that get used to transport people/drugs across the border.

-Improving/strengthening the fencing that already exists and has been placed in strategically important places for years.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Once again confirming that you believe Trump won because people insulted him too much (oh the hypocrisy) and to the point that Trumpers voted on their hurt feelings.

I laughed. Yes, do that thing.

No what I'm saying is you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If you are against something Trump wanted and he decides not to do it a person should be glad. They have the right to whine and go after him for breaking a promise, but IMO it is counterproductive.

It would be foolish of me to pretend like the guy doesn't have an ego.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:37 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Also of note, why isn't Trump worried about our more expansive Northern border? Probably because there's more White people than Brown people.

Probably because illegal immigration is a far more prevalent problem at our southern border than our normal border.

I mean, why hasn't mexico built a wall along their northern border whereas they have along their southern border? Must be because they're self-hating brown people who would gladly welcome the whites but can't stand more brown people.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

As stupid as I think the wall is, that's a terrible strawman and false equivalency Adam. A physical barrier could actually be used to help secure the border, whereas raping an infant not only does jack shit to cure HIV, but also constitutes a serious violation of human rights.

I disagree and feel all our decisions should be based on the way Africa operates, given it is so successful a place.

If you disagree you are racist, all cultures are equal.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:39 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If you disagree you are racist, all cultures are equal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYU...GLCr7Snrb2qLWGT

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will give you the benefit of the doubt here Rob. Do as many people illegally cross our northern borders are they do the southern?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Probably because illegal immigration is a far more prevalent problem at our southern border than our normal border.

I mean, why hasn't mexico built a wall along their northern border whereas they have along their southern border? Must be because they're self-hating brown people who would gladly welcome the whites but can't stand more brown people.

Nope. It's a Brown thing and you know it

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:44 PM