KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 457 458 [459] 460 461 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inedian
Exactly. He is far more honorable and deeper than anyone in U7. He is what he is, he doesn't owe anything to anyone, he is a loner, Pride Troopers can say no to him and abandon him, he doesn't force them. He has immense willpower, immense strength that he achieved himself and a real yogi actually... that's real deepness. He has honor to himself. Where is the honor of weaklings? Is their honor to stay weak? Where is honor in that? Everyone has that choice that Jiren chose, if they want to stay weak... f*uck them, why he should care about weak. It's not his job and he is also not a killer. Deep man is something different than those ''virtues'' or to care about others (that in reallity you actually don't care) etc... he can be a bad man, a true villain and far more deeper than anyone else.
Jiren is the man he will care only about those he has real deep relationship. F*uck those shallows attachments.
laughing out loud

Yes, Jiren's concept of "power is everything. F*ck the weak. F*ck attachment" makes him a very honorable character... By that line of 'logic' I guess Darth Sidious was 'honorable' as well.

thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

Yes, Jiren's concept of "power is everything. F*ck the weak. F*ck attachment" makes him a very honorable character... By that line of 'logic' I guess Darth Sidious was 'honorable' as well.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Exactly that makes him an honorable man. F*uck the weak, weaklings don't care about themselves, why should he? I think you should see the difference between Darth Sidious and Jiren... if you would be smart, you would make a comparison between Vader and Jiren (qualities, because Jiren is not a villain, not a killer). Vader was a villain, but he still had those real qualities in himself, a real deep man that was far deeper than Yoda ever will be. A deep man will never care about those shallow attachments you have in mind, it's beneath them.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:10 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Exactly that makes him an honorable man. F*uck the weak, weaklings don't care about themselves, why should he?

....what?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:42 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Seeing a lot of people across the internet upset at android 17 blasting Jiren in the back and it having some type or affect. Did I miss something? Jiren shirt being torn doesn't translate to Jiren being damaged. Did anyone else see any type of damage on him? Did I blink and missed out on something.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 09:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by carver9
Seeing a lot of people across the internet upset at android 17 blasting Jiren in the back and it having some type or affect. Did I miss something? Jiren shirt being torn doesn't translate to Jiren being damaged. Did anyone else see any type of damage on him? Did I blink and missed out on something.
U11 Kai made some comment about Jiren being wounded. Goku's following strategy was premised on the success of 17's attack.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 09:19 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So I’ve come to the conclusion that Inedian is either trolling or certifiably insane.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 09:23 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think he's talking a lot of sense.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 09:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

-Well Jiren is a complete douchebag. Aside from strength, he has NO redeeming qualities as a character in the anime... Hopefully the manga changes that. As for the 'big bad' revealed in Jiren's backstory, I'm pretty sure it was Belmond himself -- that would actually make the most sense, based on what we know now about Jiren's [douchey] characterization.

-#17 is THE mvp of the Tourney. Not only did he save Goku, Vegeta, AND Freeza from getting eliminated(again), but he also played head games with Jiren. Loved it... He's also a LOT more powerful than anyone could have ever guessed.

-It is absolutely ridiculous how much Goku and Vegeta's powers have increased during the ToP. Namek-era zenkais don't even begin to compare to what we've seen here.

-Freeza came out looking utterly pathetic. His desperation was facepalm-worthy.

-Next episode base Vegeta will somehow manage to fight Jiren for an expended period of time, before getting eliminated. At the end of the ep., Goku will start transforming into [mastered] UI.
I diagree on namek. Vegetas recoome to jeice zenkai was massive. His strength quadrupled after that beating. Not to mention gokus ginyu to frieza zenkai. He was around 7 times stronger when he met frieza.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:31 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

-Well Jiren is a complete douchebag. Aside from strength, he has NO redeeming qualities as a character in the anime... Hopefully the manga changes that. As for the 'big bad' revealed in Jiren's backstory, I'm pretty sure it was Belmond himself -- that would actually make the most sense, based on what we know now about Jiren's [douchey] characterization.

-#17 is THE mvp of the Tourney. Not only did he save Goku, Vegeta, AND Freeza from getting eliminated(again), but he also played head games with Jiren. Loved it... He's also a LOT more powerful than anyone could have ever guessed.

-It is absolutely ridiculous how much Goku and Vegeta's powers have increased during the ToP. Namek-era zenkais don't even begin to compare to what we've seen here.

-Freeza came out looking utterly pathetic. His desperation was facepalm-worthy.

-Next episode base Vegeta will somehow manage to fight Jiren for an expended period of time, before getting eliminated. At the end of the ep., Goku will start transforming into [mastered] UI.

Haven't seen it yet, but this is disappointing.

So much for being Superman.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Jiren didn't take any significant damage whatsoever, no -- a few scratches, is all. However, that still equates to more 'actual' damage than anyone else has been able to deal him so far.

That said, it was explicitly stated that Jiren was "unguarded" when #17 blasted him... And in DBS, we know what can happen when a character is caught off guard:
(please log in to view the image)

Regardless, it's pretty clear that catching Jiren by surprise like that WON'T happen again.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 11th, 2018 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

to me black was the best super villian. Still there was some poor ass execution in that arc. Keeps him from being top dog as far as db villians. Jiren is one of the worst antagonists ive seen in a while. I dont even like to to hate him like frieza. I just hate him and honestly wish that when he gets dropped frieza deathbeams his forehead alla vegeta (recoome/veder)

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:44 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I diagree on namek. Vegetas recoome to jeice zenkai was massive. His strength quadrupled after that beating. Not to mention gokus ginyu to frieza zenkai. He was around 7 times stronger when he met frieza.
When Jiren and Goku first fought, Jiren hadn't even powered up at all, yet SSB Goku /w/ KKx20 was laughably insignificant, and literally NO challenge to Jiren on ANY level. Fast-forward to more current episodes, and SSB Goku can now contend with a powered up Jiren on at least *some* level.... And don't even get me started on UI.

Then there's Vegeta. As a standard SSB, he was equal to SSB Goku. As an ASSB, he is now equal to SSB Goku /w/ KKx20. IOW, the initial ASSB amp was AT LEAST 20x... And his emotion boost is logically around 2x ASSB, which means 40x SSB.

...And keep in mind: these amps have occurred in the span of like 30mins, real time. So yeah, this blows Namek-era multipliers out of the water.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:51 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Jiren, the deepest most honorable Dragon Ball characterrrr!... I've heard it all now.

Vegeta is Black Adam. No contesting this. They are similar in every single way possible (excluding power levels).

Nah, Goku Black is Black Adam.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

On that note, Black is easily the best villain of DBS, though he didn't have much competition in that area.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:06 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

Exactly that makes him an honorable man. F*uck the weak, weaklings don't care about themselves, why should he? I think you should see the difference between Darth Sidious and Jiren... if you would be smart, you would make a comparison between Vader and Jiren (qualities, because Jiren is not a villain, not a killer). Vader was a villain, but he still had those real qualities in himself, a real deep man that was far deeper than Yoda ever will be. A deep man will never care about those shallow attachments you have in mind, it's beneath them.

Lol bruh Vader cared about all that shit but yes he like jiren could not get over the past. In Vaders case his attachments to it were so strong that he detested himself and projected it through his behavior until Luke pulled his card. Anakin is by far my favorite Star Wars character but Vader was a ***** if we are being completely honest. He just could not handle his shit...he did have tons of trauma and baggage tho to be fair

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 12:16 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Originally posted by TheBadguy
Lol bruh Vader cared about all that shit but yes he like jiren could not get over the past. In Vaders case his attachments to it were so strong that he detested himself and projected it through his behavior until Luke pulled his card. Anakin is by far my favorite Star Wars character but Vader was a ***** if we are being completely honest. He just could not handle his shit...he did have tons of trauma and baggage tho to be fair

Exactly... but Vader is Anakin, he still had all those deep qualities, he was a deep man and like you said couldn't handle his baggage. But we have to be honest, his baggage was enormous. Because Anakin was so strong, he got such enormous baggage. And let's be honest, he was still young, with given a little more time to mature he would have handled it, but in the end, he still did what he was sent to do (with help of Luke). Deep is something you have developed, it's stays with no matter what have you done (stronger, deeper you are, greater baggage there is) no matter a hero or a villain or just some guy in the street and Jiren is such guy. He has some things that he still needs to handle in himself, but he is a person with very very high, deep qualities and so was Vader.

Last edited by Inedian on Feb 12th, 2018 at 07:59 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 07:45 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Originally posted by TheBadguy

And Vader didn't care about all that shit, not at all... for Anakin/Vader, for him what trully important was deep connection and deep relationship, that is what he trully cared about, everything wasn't what he trully cared about. It's different to help (which can give you a good feeling) and to really care.

Last edited by Inedian on Feb 12th, 2018 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 10:29 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Time to compare backstories!

On one hand, we have the backstory of a One Piece villain underling and MINOR ANTAGONIST, Senor Pink:

On the other hand, we have the backstory of the MAIN ANTAGONIST for what appears to be the final arc in Dragon Ball Super:

Which is better?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:10 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jiren didn't take any significant damage whatsoever, no -- a few scratches, is all. However, that still equates to more 'actual' damage than anyone else has been able to deal him so far.

That said, it was explicitly stated that Jiren was "unguarded" when #17 blasted him... And in DBS, we know what can happen when a character is caught off guard:
(please log in to view the image)

Regardless, it's pretty clear that catching Jiren by surprise like that WON'T happen again.

And this is why a comic book speedster, like a Flash, would trounce all of them.

Can't guard what you can't perceive.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:14 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll see the Pink backstory later.

Jiren's backstory is ok by DBS standards. Very rushed, very garden variety, but what can you expect.

We still don't know what his wish is. Or who the evil being is.. I'm betting it's the head angel, or one of the angels.

I also think Android #17 was reaching.. If Jiren was using them, then Goku has been using his friends since the start. Gathering a team is what you do. As long as he didn't trick them or pretend they had a deeper bond then they did, I don't see anything wrong with Jiren gathering support to stop a mega threat that destroys everything in its path.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:19 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Senor Pink’s backstory is the funniest joke ever put into One Piece.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:37 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote