KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Brexit, should Britain leave the EU?

Brexit, should Britain leave the EU?
Started by: It's xyz!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

So what's the expected vote?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 08:18 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Britain doesn't have the stones to get out.

They'll vote remain.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 09:56 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Polls are showing that it's likely that Britain will leave Europe and there's riots breaking out in London mainly comprised of various migrants

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:15 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

First I've heard of that. Pretty sure no-one knows whats happening right now.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:21 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
Polls are showing that it's likely that Britain will leave Europe and there's riots breaking out in London mainly comprised of various migrants

Lol migrants rioting? I'm shocked!!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 11:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Did you vote, Neph?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 02:37 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackJackal
Emissary of Judgment

Originally posted by krisblaze

They'll vote remain.

Care to explain why they are leaving then?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 03:21 AM
BlackJackal is currently offline Click here to Send BlackJackal a Private Message Find more posts by BlackJackal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Looks like it's going to be Leave. What interesting times we live in.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 03:28 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackJackal
Emissary of Judgment

It's been called, they are leaving. God exists, I can't say anything had made me more happy about this in a long time. Praise be to all the people who have had enough and had the stones to vote up.

Brexit 2016, something to remember for all time.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 04:14 AM
BlackJackal is currently offline Click here to Send BlackJackal a Private Message Find more posts by BlackJackal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Currently 52% leave and 48% remain with only 43 of over 300 council areas left to declare.

Pound has dropped in value to lowest level since 1985.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 04:16 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Yup.

Personally this really frustrates/angers me, but you know, gotta just move forward from here.

The finance markets were super interesting tonight too, the first few remain results kept the Sterling pretty steady, then the big Sunderland leave result dropped it hugely, and now it's down to 1.35 or so against the USD for the first time since 1985 or something.

I mean it's dropped by like 8% in the space of a few hours, which for a steady currency for a G8 nation is absolutely insane, as a 1% drop is generally considered big.

And yeah I've stayed up all night watching how things have been going.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 04:17 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackJackal
Emissary of Judgment

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Yup.

Personally this really frustrates/angers me, but you know, gotta just move forward from here.

The finance markets were super interesting tonight too, the first few remain results kept the Sterling pretty steady, then the big Sunderland leave result dropped it hugely, and now it's down to 1.35 or so against the USD for the first time since 1985 or something.

I mean it's dropped by like 8% in the space of a few hours, which for a steady currency for a G8 nation is absolutely insane, as a 1% drop is generally considered big.

And yeah I've stayed up all night watching how things have been going.

Interesting to see one more interested in a fiat currency which is always in flux then a sovereign nation and a nation of sovereign laws not subject to the whims of the radical leftist agenda such a Germany who spearheads the EU now. Secondly I highly doubt this currency exchange effects you that much in your personal finances. If it did, maybe you lost some, maybe you didn't. Either way, you have a free country now. Don't spoil it by fretting over a fiat currency.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 04:24 AM
BlackJackal
Emissary of Judgment

Cameron lost, Great news actually.

Summarizing: "he gambled and lost, he asked for people to put their trust in him, they didn't. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...will-define-hi/

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 04:35 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

What other countries in the EU have upcoming referendums on whether to rescind their membership?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 05:10 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Interesting to see one more interested in a fiat currency which is always in flux then a sovereign nation and a nation of sovereign laws not subject to the whims of the radical leftist agenda such a Germany who spearheads the EU now. Secondly I highly doubt this currency exchange effects you that much in your personal finances. If it did, maybe you lost some, maybe you didn't. Either way, you have a free country now. Don't spoil it by fretting over a fiat currency.

Yeah our country has been free and still is.

We've been involved in like 95% of the positive votes in the EU and have only lost out in the other 5 or so. The vast majority of issues here are not caused by the EU, but rather austerity led policies from a right wing government that will now only get more right wing after this. The whole 'the EU is oppressing you and ruining your life' stance is a fallacy that's been perpetuated by politically motivated media, that in and of itself is owned by billionaires with no agenda to help the country and its people.

And I mean yeah it probably doesn't affect my personal finances too much as I'm just graduating from uni with barely any money, but that doesn't mean it's worth talking about as London is the the finance capitol of the entire planet.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 05:12 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by carthage
What other countries in the EU have upcoming referendums on whether to rescind their membership?

None so far, I think.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 05:12 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

They'll vote remain.
lol

- - - -

Anyway, don't worry Britain. After your currency finishes free-falling into oblivion, we'll gladly accept you guys as a protectorate- not a state though... more like a... "colony", I suppose. Some entity that's under our umbrella but doesn't have any representation in our governance.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 05:15 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Ironic that you say that as an American, as conceptually the EU is Europe's answer to the United States. Britain leaving the EU is equivalent to a US state seceding, with the exception that there are rules in the EU that make it legal to leave.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 05:18 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Anyway, don't worry Britain. After your currency finishes free-falling into oblivion, we'll gladly accept you guys as a protectorate- not a state though... more like a... "colony", I suppose. Some entity that's under our umbrella but doesn't have any representation in our governance.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 06:34 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Congratulations Britain!

They'll vote remain.

lmao I stand corrected.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 06:50 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote