KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Wheres the god damn hockey?

Wheres the god damn hockey?
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

WHAT A GAME!!!

was not expecting that. phenomenal performance by the Flyers.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 04:18 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It's going to be the Penguins and Flyers, the battle of pennsylvania. The Penguins scored a 2-0 lead in the second period but quickly lost that when the Rangers tallied two goals in the early third period. The Pens ultimately won in over time 3-2 to take the series 4-1.

I am actually surprised that the Penguins won this game. Although, i believe the Rangers were heavily outgunned in nearly all departments. The Rangers were playing more disciplined Hockey over the last two games. Infact, The Penguins played some of their worst Hockey over these last two games. Mounting 14 penalties in game 4. I credit Fluery for being the only reason why the score was left at only 2-0 in that game. This last game, today nearly gave me a god damned heart attack. I'm not sure if the Penguins were just overly anxious to move on, but the Pens performance was riddled with sloppy play of numerous missed shots, broken passes and flat out missed passes. It surprises me to know that the Penguins put 3 goals and 40 shots on the board with a few unecessary penalties and such sloppy play. I am not trying to take away from the Pens play, because i believe they are now the strongest team and the rangers had every opportunity to snuff the Pens or at least drag them out to 6 games.

As far as the Pens and the Flyers. Im sure that will be one physical series. A series that i believe the Penguins will take with their speed and aggression, but The flyers did upset the top seed Canadians in a most impressive series. This will be one exciting series for sure.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on May 4th, 2008 at 09:23 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

now lets hope stars can wrap up there series against the sharks, if they lose today, the sharks could go on to take game 7.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:47 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Woot. Go Pens!

Gotta say I'm a bit worried. The Red Wings look tight as hell, and even the Rangers probably deserved another win in that series. The Pens are talented and have some excellent games, but can be sloppy more than a lot of other teams.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think they will be fine.

I dont believe that Rangers deserved another win. They lost, and pretty handily too.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 10:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shadow_King
now lets hope stars can wrap up there series against the sharks, if they lose today, the sharks could go on to take game 7.

jesus, i dont want the wings to have any more down time than they already had

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i hope sharks win. i really want to see them face wings.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:32 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Pens had about 10 times as many chances as the Rangers in the series, and especially in yesterday's game. That being said, I wouldn't have been surprised if the Rangers got an out-of-left-field goal (like their 2nd goal) in OT to win it after killing off the penalty to start the period. But it didn't happen, and adios to them.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:01 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Lock
i hope sharks win. i really want to see them face wings.

Oh well, your dream was shattered.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:43 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

that was an exciting game, both goalies made some great saves during the 4 overtime, but in the end, sharks just couldn't convert on that power-play, but stars did. That is a real shame.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 03:31 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

that was an exciting game, both goalies made some great saves during the 4 overtime, but in the end, sharks just couldn't convert on that power-play, but stars did. That is a real shame.

These series were full of upsets. Flyers over Habs and Stars over Sharks. I only got 50% of this semi-final correct. sad

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 04:30 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
These series were full of upsets. Flyers over Habs and Stars over Sharks. I only got 50% of this semi-final correct. sad

so what you think for the conference finals??

thinking that flyers will have lots of surprises for pens and win in 6 games, while stars and wings might go to like 7 game series and stars taking it.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 04:34 PM
Admiral Akbar

For the first time I'm not sure about the matchups. If I was to go with my gut feeling I would say that the Wings and Flyers would win, but other than that I can't say I have a strong opinion of either series.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:32 PM
Shadow_King
-

anybody think jagr will sign up with rangers for next season??

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:38 PM
Admiral Akbar

Who knows; I don't see why he wouldn't. I guess it's all about the money.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:44 PM
Shadow_King
-

i read, his contract would have carried over to next season, if he wins teh conn smyth, i didnt know you were even allowed to do that.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:54 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

In hockey, there is crazy restrictions sometimes.

I think you cant put anything in contracts.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 06:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

i read, his contract would have carried over to next season, if he wins teh conn smyth, i didnt know you were even allowed to do that.

Doubtful he will.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 06:38 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think they will be fine.

I dont believe that Rangers deserved another win. They lost, and pretty handily too.

Yeah, they have to be favorites to win their next series. I just don't like how many penalties we took in the Rangers series. Undisciplined, and the competition will only get tougher. If we're playing 4-manned against the Wings as much as we did with the Rangers, they'll get their asses handed to them.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 08:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Oh well, your dream was shattered.
i could care less now, the game had me at the edge of my seat the entire time.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:01 AM