KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Wheres the god damn hockey?

Wheres the god damn hockey?
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow_King
-

well this is quite unpredictable, the flyers now up 3-1 in the series. looks like could be a Pennsylvanian eastern final.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 01:39 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shadow_King
well this is quite unpredictable, the flyers now up 3-1 in the series. looks like could be a Pennsylvanian eastern final.

That would be the badassness.

I am quite surprised with the performance of the Penguins and Flyers, Flyers especially. I knew the Penguins were good, but after seeing them stone wall a much more aggressive and disciplined Rangers team in game 3. I am not sure if there is nothing this Penguins team can't do. The Penguins had gotten some lucky bounces in the first two games against the Rangers, but the Rangers have been getting just as many. After the Pens exerted themselves during that 5 on 3 PK in period 3 i thought the Rangers were going to Rally back. They certainly controlled the momentum until they suffered an unnecessary penalty. Of which the the Pens capitalized on. I have never seen the Penguins special lines perform this well. Their PK is unstoppable. I'm sure most of you know the shots of that game, 39-17 in favor of the Rangers. The Penguin players must have blocked at least 20 or so shots though. I have only been watching the Wings and Pens series, but i havent seen a team with the Hussle that the pens play with, in a long time.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 01:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

It might come down to a Pens vs Flyers series. I wouldn't be suprised if the Flyers took that series too. They have been full of suprises lately.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 06:12 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

3-1 Flyers.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 06:34 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Yes, you must be one happy person.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 06:40 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
That would be the badassness.

I am quite surprised with the performance of the Penguins and Flyers, Flyers especially. I knew the Penguins were good, but after seeing them stone wall a much more aggressive and disciplined Rangers team in game 3. I am not sure if there is nothing this Penguins team can't do. The Penguins had gotten some lucky bounces in the first two games against the Rangers, but the Rangers have been getting just as many. After the Pens exerted themselves during that 5 on 3 PK in period 3 i thought the Rangers were going to Rally back. They certainly controlled the momentum until they suffered an unnecessary penalty. Of which the the Pens capitalized on. I have never seen the Penguins special lines perform this well. Their PK is unstoppable. I'm sure most of you know the shots of that game, 39-17 in favor of the Rangers. The Penguin players must have blocked at least 20 or so shots though. I have only been watching the Wings and Pens series, but i havent seen a team with the Hussle that the pens play with, in a long time.

The Pens got a bit lucky in Game 3. When you get out-shot 39-16 you're not supposed to win regardless of how well you play otherwise. It seems to be an issue for them on the road, so I'm a bit worried about upcoming series.

Still, this series is basically over, and I feel like the Penguins have more raw talent than any team in hockey. Sid/Malkin is as good a 1-2 punch as there has been in hockey since, hell, probably since Jagr/Lemieux. And like you said they've been playing with a lot of heart.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:22 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

All that matters is how goals is scored.

I never get why people get all bothered about how many shots were taken. (This is more of criticism about overall hockey pundits then yourself).

I've seen games where some team takes twice as many shots as their the other team but they were all shit shots from far away.

The Pens score when they need to score.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:50 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by DigiMark007
The Pens got a bit lucky in Game 3. When you get out-shot 39-16 you're not supposed to win regardless of how well you play otherwise.

I used to think that too, until i noticed that in Hockey, its hard to read a game by looking at the stats. It is actually a commone thing in Hockey for teams to win a game and being overwhelmingly out shot. I know the PEns have have had many victories this year where they were out shot 3-1

As far as the pens getting lucky in game 3. I highly disagree. Fluery was a machine. There may have been a few crossbar ricochets, but the majority of the blocked shots came from a solid performance. The players themselves blocked an additional 20 shots. The Pens have definitely gotten some lucky bounces, but when you hit the net with the Hustle that they generate, you are going to get lucky bounces. The Rangers themselves have had plenty of luck in this series too. They have just not had the ability to capitalize on their chances.

As for this last game. I believe it was the Penalties that won the game. I do not want to take away from the Rangers performance. They did play well, but no better than they have in any other game in this series. I feel the Rangers actually played stronger in game 3. The Penguins had 22 minutes worth of penalties, excluding the misconducts. I'm not sure if the Ref's were being more strict, but either way, there is no excuse for that lack of discipline. although, i do not believe the Rangers scored any PP goals, it is hard to create pressure on a team when you are pr-occupied killing penalties

And for fuk sake, these announcers piss me off. Near the end of the game one of the casters said, OH MY, "The Rangers are right back in this series...,The Pens are now going to have a rough road in finishing these Rangers off"--WTF,

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 02:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

jesus christ, it looks the Redwings have a message they want EVERYONE to hear...7-1 so far

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:46 AM
Shadow_King
-

jesus christ, it looks the Redwings have a message they want EVERYONE to hear...7-1 so far

Yep, horrible but atleast it wasent a 7-0 shutout like last time, laughing .

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:53 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

what a game!

really want to see Wings vs Sharks in the finals but i dont see it hapepning.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 07:33 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Oh my gosh..the Wings game was an embarrassment.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:17 PM
Admiral Akbar

I used to think that too, until i noticed that in Hockey, its hard to read a game by looking at the stats. It is actually a commone thing in Hockey for teams to win a game and being overwhelmingly out shot. I know the PEns have have had many victories this year where they were out shot 3-1

As far as the pens getting lucky in game 3. I highly disagree. Fluery was a machine. There may have been a few crossbar ricochets, but the majority of the blocked shots came from a solid performance. The players themselves blocked an additional 20 shots. The Pens have definitely gotten some lucky bounces, but when you hit the net with the Hustle that they generate, you are going to get lucky bounces. The Rangers themselves have had plenty of luck in this series too. They have just not had the ability to capitalize on their chances.

As for this last game. I believe it was the Penalties that won the game. I do not want to take away from the Rangers performance. They did play well, but no better than they have in any other game in this series. I feel the Rangers actually played stronger in game 3. The Penguins had 22 minutes worth of penalties, excluding the misconducts. I'm not sure if the Ref's were being more strict, but either way, there is no excuse for that lack of discipline. although, i do not believe the Rangers scored any PP goals, it is hard to create pressure on a team when you are pr-occupied killing penalties

And for fuk sake, these announcers piss me off. Near the end of the game one of the casters said, OH MY, "The Rangers are right back in this series...,The Pens are now going to have a rough road in finishing these Rangers off"--WTF,

lol at the announcers. I firmly believe the Pens threw that game probably because they want a victory at home in front of the fans. I'm %100 sure the Pens will dominate the next game and win.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:21 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nah, I dont think thats the case.

Just great goaltending from the Rangers goalie.

Crosby played like shit though. Doesnt realize that every cross ice pass doesnt work..yesh..

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Yeah, In general the whole team played rather poorly compared to their last games.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 06:01 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, you don't lose series when you're up 3-0. It's possible, but so unlikely as to be a moot point. Until I see them pull it to 3-3, I'm not concerned. I hope the Flyers close out their series. They're playing well, but the Pens would have home ice. For whatever reason they play decidedly better at the Igloo, and I'd like to have 4 games there if possible.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 11:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

game 5 for flyers/canadians is great so far. hopefully we get to see a game 7 between the two teams.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 12:28 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

ya real intense game, 4-4, i can not believe Canadiens blew a 3-1 lead against the flyers.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 01:14 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Flyers FTW!

Old Post May 4th, 2008 02:30 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

rest in peace Montreal

i am very surprised with philly's performance. I was not expecting them to dominate the canadians the way they did. I thought for sure if they met the Pens it would be a one sided series in way of the Pen's, but im not so sure now.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on May 4th, 2008 at 02:54 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2008 02:48 AM