KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Hardly convinced there either. We only heard there was a movie coming some months ago and frankly no-one knew what to expect.

Fair play, you may have. But as I reported in 2005, when I met Daniel Logan at a local signing post ROTS, he told us of the clone wars series planned and that the live action series was coming and that he would be reprising his Fett Role..
(Im sure Queeq'll remember me saying back then)
He also said the pics of him online in the Fett gear were both for a proposed ROTS scene that never happened and also as an inadvertant tester with future live action projects in mind.
Id been waiting from then.

Now I cant as a mere punter at a signing have been the only one he told. So the new CW is hardly news. And every starwars head I know IRL knew about it...not just from me, as time went on.
So what cave've you been in Ush...? stick out tongue

Seriously though, true about the more recent movie format decision but a series was definitely expected, safely set between Eps 2 and 3, presumably involving characters seen in Star Wars and the previous animated CW series.....

Finally, irrespective of any sources of anticipation of the end product,
what was unleashed at us, I still feel still fell below what I'd have expected from a SW feature release.. and im not alone.

Also, even though the officially released pics were slim before the movie came out, remember how apeshit some went over any little pic that came out prior to ROTS...? Anticipation isn't linked to the output of the PR machine always.

And no worries Queeq, thanks for giving it space here.. smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 31st, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Space? The final frontier?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 10:14 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Fair play, you may have. But as I reported in 2005, when I met Daniel Logan at a local signing post ROTS, he told us of the clone wars series planned and that the live action series was coming and that he would be reprising his Fett Role..
(Im sure Queeq'll remember me saying back then)
He also said the pics of him online in the Fett gear were both for a proposed ROTS scene that never happened and also as an inadvertant tester with future live action projects in mind.
Id been waiting from then.

Now I cant as a mere punter at a signing have been the only one he told. So the new CW is hardly news. And every starwars head I know IRL knew about it...not just from me, as time went on.
So what cave've you been in Ush...? stick out tongue

Seriously though, true about the more recent movie format decision but a series was definitely expected, safely set between Eps 2 and 3, presumably involving characters seen in Star Wars and the previous animated CW series.....

Finally, irrespective of any sources of anticipation of the end product,
what was unleashed at us, I still feel still fell below what I'd have expected from a SW feature release.. and im not alone.

Also, even though the officially released pics were slim before the movie came out, remember how apeshit some went over any little pic that came out prior to ROTS...? Anticipation isn't linked to the output of the PR machine always.

And no worries Queeq, thanks for giving it space here.. smile

Hmm, sorry, but no- you just have to look to the relative paucity of posting in this place as an example.

There was NO hype here at all. Really none, neither official nor fan based. It was very quiet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 10:31 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I dont care how many knew or not..

It was the degree of expectation from those that did know, that I count here..

After thinking further I do concede that Hype may have been too loose a descriptive though.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 31st, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

liked the music.

movie was for kids, quite obviously. it was good... thought anakin's char. had a bit more char. dev for anakin.... just a tad bit- not so whiny(well, imho), and him and Snips made quite a good team. what happened to ahsoka after all this, btw?

liked it over-all... not the star wars i'm used to(i mean, compared to the other eps) but its CERTAINLY better than lame attempt on TPM.

twas awesome. loved it.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by queeq
Space? The final frontier?

A creepy physical concept, that, the front ear....

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:47 PM
queeq
Chaos

It hurts too.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 09:15 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Especially with longitudinally delivered nagging. Cant just turn your head away anymore.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 10:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Then the back ear hears it all.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 09:17 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

This time, the merchandise wasn't made for the movie, the movie was made to be merchandised.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hardly convinced there either. We only heard there was a movie coming some months ago and frankly no-one knew what to expect.

The trailer was shown more than a year ago, and the movie was announced in January.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or was it december?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:19 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The trasiler was for the series and the movie was announced in February.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There ya go.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 06:27 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

The trasiler was for the series and the movie was announced in February.

Nope, wrong again, Hasbro announced that Star Wars was returning to theaters 8/8/08 at one of there shareholding meeting back in early January/late December. Lucasfilm didn't want them to have the press, so they pushed it back a week.

I can find the link to the sound bit if you like?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 02:11 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

My apologies, it was back in November!

http://www.mania.com/upcoming-clone...icle_56658.html

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 02:16 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Can't argue with that

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:34 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Nactous
My apologies, it was back in November!

http://www.mania.com/upcoming-clone...icle_56658.html

Can you guys not read?

That was pure speculation.

The movie was announced in February. We even have the official announcement linked to in opening post of the thread commenting on that in this very area!

Honestly guys... "can't argue with"... pathetic.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 03:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... Who wants to argue with that?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 09:59 PM