KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What happened to the Kaminoans?

What happened to the Kaminoans?
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
A.) Cuz this is the prequel forum, it's not reserved for adoration--it's also for criticism.

B.) No elements were done very well. Or well. Or even okay. Except the music. Disagree? Give me your reasons.

C.) Your lack of self-awareness is kinda cute. Watch this: "If you like these movies then cool, that's your thing. Don't come here and act superior to those that don't..."

D.) U mad, bro? Don't like people ripping into things you like? Learn to take your fandom's criticism like a grown-up and actually counter someone's argument with an argument of your own. If you can't defend the things you think are so great, then take a step back, reassess why you like them, and try again later. I promise I'll respond if you learn to argue like a civilized adult, instead of an entitled brat.

lol says the guy who comes here to hate...youre not even a real star wars fan... you can't acknowledge the flaw within your precious OT and you deny yourself the good things about the PT because you are a petulant child who didn't get what he wanted out of them so you hate continuously to the point that nobody cares...you don't like the prequels, I think everybody here knows that. You are like that annoying guy that butts into a conversation where nobody wanted you in the first place.

- The Emperors rise to power, specifically Ian McDiarmids acting was gold

- The lightsaber battles were head and shoulders above the slow plodding pace we got in the originals

- The Jedi in their prime was great, we had waited for years to see the Knights of the Old Republic ever since old Ben told us about the Jedi in ANH

- The beautiful worlds that were on display for us; from Utapau to Naboo the prequels expanded the visual scope of the Star Wars universe much more than the OT ever did

- Ewan MacGregor as Obi Wan was sublime. he's the one I think of whenever I thin of Obi Wan Kenobi now, not old man Guieness who didn't even like the movie he was in.

- Natalie Portman is definitely easy on the eyes and she was quite the cutie in that all white outfit in ATOC

- Darth Maul, even though he was criminally underused he was a great character all the same.

theres a lot wrong with the Prequels too for sure, but I can't stand people like you who just blindly hate on things. Grow up and maybe try to have a civilized discussion instead of barging into threads and looking down on things you clearly have no appreciation for.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 11:37 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by relentless1
lol says the guy who comes here to hate...youre not even a real star wars fan...

You don't determine who's a fan or not. Or how fans should behave. So stop that nonsense.

Agreed.

- The lightsaber battles were head and shoulders above the slow plodding pace we got in the originals

To me they were just eye candy. Emotionless battles that often didn't make any sense or it was unclear what it was about. And in case of the OB1-Anakin fight: over the top ridiculous and overlong.

- The Jedi in their prime was great, we had waited for years to see the Knights of the Old Republic ever since old Ben told us about the Jedi in ANH

This I don't get. All I see is a bunch of boring old men sitting around talking talking talking and not seeing what's going on under their very roof. How's that 'in their prime'?

And if you see how easily Palpy wiped out three Jedi nodding off during the arrest of a Sith Lord... I think they were far beyond their prime.

- The beautiful worlds that were on display for us; from Utapau to Naboo the prequels expanded the visual scope of the Star Wars universe much more than the OT ever did

Sterile, CGI worlds where we run into the same people all the time.

- Ewan MacGregor as Obi Wan was sublime. he's the one I think of whenever I thin of Obi Wan Kenobi now, not old man Guieness who didn't even like the movie he was in.

- Natalie Portman is definitely easy on the eyes and she was quite the cutie in that all white outfit in ATOC

McGregor did great work with mediocre material.

Natalie looks nice but she kinda boring. And she breaks character. It makes no sense at all why she of all people would fall in love with Anakin.

- Darth Maul, even though he was criminally underused he was a great character all the same.

He didn't have much character. He looks cool, but he's just an attack dog. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 07:55 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

at least you have a reasonable outlook and can discuss the films intelligently rather than spew blanket hate.

Personally I would have had the main story in AOTC be ep 1 so that the Clone Wars could be explored over two movies instead of a little bit of one.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 07:37 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Out of curiosity, when you read my posts, are you reading it in like a... an angry, impatient voice? Like someone foaming with vitriol? That might explain why you keep using the word "hate". Would help if I told you to read my posts in a smooth, calm, southern drawl?

lol says the guy who comes here to hate...youre not even a real star wars fan...
So to "be a real Star Wars fan" you have to unconditionally love everything? Criticism and dislike can't be tolerated, only adoration? I've spent far too many posts on this site over the last 10+ years to be told I'm not a fan of the franchise.

you can't acknowledge the flaw within your precious OT
I have no clue why you said this or what even prompted it in the first place.

and you deny yourself the good things about the PT
Since when? I've said a few times now in the recent threads that I enjoy the music. I have the RotS soundtrack on my iPod and not a single track from the OT.

But... I actually can't think of anything else in the PT I would call "good". Can't deny myself something if it doesn't exist.

because you are a petulant child who didn't get what he wanted out of them so you hate continuously to the point that nobody cares...you don't like the prequels, I think everybody here knows that. You are like that annoying guy that butts into a conversation where nobody wanted you in the first place.
Pot to the kettle, sir.

Explain why. I'm not denying your emotional response to it, I just want to hear your explanation.

They were certainly faster and prettier, but that doesn't make them more meaningful. Which is what I care about.

What was so great about them? Aside from their fancier swordplay and tightly choreographed stunts, what was so great? All I saw was a bunch of monotoned guys in robes either sitting down alot, walking somewhere, getting manipulated with absurd amounts of ease, allowing evil to continuously win the day, making foolish decisions, ignore their own advice, and generally being very boring or annoyingly ineffective.

But their swordfights were really something else.

Beautifully rendered, yes. The computer animators did a fine job. It's a shame their work was overshadowed by the general awfulness of everything else--including the creatively-average setpieces/greenpiece backgrounds the characters actually walked in front of. For something so "beautiful" it looked strikingly fake.

You seem to have a fixation on people needing to like the things they talk about or are involved in.

Anyways, Ewan McGregor was very poorly utilized. He's a wonderful actor, but even he couldn't save the Obi-Wan character from the awful script or direction he was given.

Agreed, but what else? No words on her character? Her personality? Or are you describing the Padme portrayal for what it really was: eye candy. Badly written, badly directed, badly acted (not that I fault Portman herself). Just something to look at. What a shame.

Really? What about his character did you like so much? Now don't tell me about his costume, or his physical appearance, or his lightsaber. Tell me about his character. Regale me with the richness of the scope of the Maul character.

theres a lot wrong with the Prequels too for sure, but I can't stand people like you who just blindly hate on things. Grow up and maybe try to have a civilized discussion instead of barging into threads and looking down on things you clearly have no appreciation for.
Here, watch this:

there's a few things right with the Prequels too for sure, but I can't stand people like you who just blindly love on things. Grow up and maybe try to have a civilized discussion instead of barging into threads and looking up to things you clearly have an appreciation for

Kind of sounds silly, doesn't it? The redundancy of that last part makes no sense, and your misunderstanding of what it means to go into something "blindly" is probably your weakest selling point (honestly, try looking in the mirror with that one)---given my history here of criticizing the prequels over the years, you would have had to have literally not read what I was actually saying to accuse me of "blindly hating on things." On the contrary, my metaphorical eyes have been well and truly open and scanning every step of the way. But you go ahead and spout whatever imaginative indictment you can think of, because... I understand. I understand that you just want me to love what you love. You need me--and everyone else--to like the things you like. Because if we didn't, if we criticize, or--in your words--hate (it's a strong word, too strong for a fictional franchise, IMO, but I get that it's for emphasis)--the things that you like... why, that's just the same as attacking you yourself. You're just defending yourself, and I understand that. You are, after all, defined by your fandoms.

Was that civilized enough for you, sir? Oh, wait, that was my word to describe you. Good attempt at turning it around though, I almost didn't catch it.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Mar 20th, 2016 at 02:49 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Is this crazy feud still happening?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 09:52 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yup. It's been going on for decades.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Okay... carry on. wink

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 07:23 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

yaya, its great to have your own opinion and all, but you go out of your way to seem as if youre some higher educated fan of star wars and anybody with the opinion in favour of the PT is beneath you. Just look at your comments in the best star wars film discussion. Your opinions dripping with a holier than thou attitude acting as if your way is the only way to see it. ESB was OK, but in my opinion and clearly a few others it isn't the best of the series. Bottom line is you have a right to your opinion sure, but youd come across a lot better if you weren't a smarmy dick about it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 08:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

Look, relentless... if you start accusing people of an attitude you don't like, better make sure you don't do the same thing.

"some higher educated fan of Star Wars"? "Holier than thou attitude"?

Look at act you wrote:

So better pipe down the allegations. If you can't take a debate, just ignore what Lucien says.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 08:01 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

well its true isn't it? the films are meant to be a whole story...if you don't like part of the story then how can you really be a fan of said story??

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 12:36 AM
queeq
Chaos

The was the OT first. And millions, like me and Lucien, fell in love with that. And we're great fans of that.

Then the PT came... and that was kinda meh... Does that mean by your logic, that we suddenly start disliking the OT?

Like Lucien said, does being a fan mean you have to switch off your brain and love everything this business franchise feeds you?

It's like with people. You can love someone and yet, not like EVERYTHING about them. Does that mean you don't love them?

Your line of thinking is faulty. And then there is your own 'holier than thou' attitude while accusing others of that attitude. Sorry, dude, your contribution to this debate is a tad below par.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 07:34 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

everybody inclined to like what they want but its a bit tiring seeing somebody lord it over everyone else they think their opinion is the right one and he's kinda smarmy about it too, as if youre some sort of retard for liking the PT; just rubs me the wrong way is all.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 08:00 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, here's the thing. You do that too. You certainly attack Lucien for not agreeing with you.

Face it, dude, that's what we do here. We discuss things. Agreeing about everything is not our goal.

All I care about is that it's done in a civilised way.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 04:52 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

yaya, its great to have your own opinion and all, but you go out of your way to seem as if youre some higher educated fan of star wars and anybody with the opinion in favour of the PT is beneath you. Just look at your comments in the best star wars film discussion. Your opinions dripping with a holier than thou attitude acting as if your way is the only way to see it. ESB was OK, but in my opinion and clearly a few others it isn't the best of the series. Bottom line is you have a right to your opinion sure, but youd come across a lot better if you weren't a smarmy dick about it.
If that's what you're reading in my posts, that's on you. I'm not implying any sort of superiority on my part. I certainly have a different opinion than some others, and I'll go out of my way to explain and defend that position (at length, as I'm sure you've noticed), but don't mistake that for arrogance or elitism. That's the problem with an entirely written argument online; the other person can read emotion or attitude where you've intended none at all. You're inferring something that isn't there. Even worse, you're letting that be the driving force behind your own responses.

If you're hearing (reading) an attitude in my (entirely text-based) voice, then leave open the possibility that you're interpreting it incorrectly. More importantly, don't let your feelings toward someone else blind your approach to the content of what they're saying. Separate the (inferred) emotion and the substance itself. You'll come to conclusions and resolutions alot quicker and smoother that way.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 12:36 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Maybe it's just that pic of Underwood that influenced me wink

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:09 PM
queeq
Chaos

He has that effect on people. Just don't get near any subway trains in the near future.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:34 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by queeq
He has that effect on people. Just don't get near any subway trains in the near future.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:54 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
If that's what you're reading in my posts, that's on you. I'm not implying any sort of superiority on my part. I certainly have a different opinion than some others, and I'll go out of my way to explain and defend that position (at length, as I'm sure you've noticed), but don't mistake that for arrogance or elitism. That's the problem with an entirely written argument online; the other person can read emotion or attitude where you've intended none at all. You're inferring something that isn't there. Even worse, you're letting that be the driving force behind your own responses.

If you're hearing (reading) an attitude in my (entirely text-based) voice, then leave open the possibility that you're interpreting it incorrectly. More importantly, don't let your feelings toward someone else blind your approach to the content of what they're saying. Separate the (inferred) emotion and the substance itself. You'll come to conclusions and resolutions alot quicker and smoother that way.

In all honesty, Lucien, you do come across like that, and you can't always blame others. It would be appreciated if you moderated your tone.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Fair enough. Intentions never matter, presentation is all that counts.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 08:46 PM