KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?

Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yeah, reckon Kun will be next. smile

Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 12:15 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Pretty sure I do, and yes, Galen fits the bill.

Sorry if speaking the truth about your boyfriend hurts your feelings, Zoltan. sad

Your argument essentially boils down to "but...but he's powarful". You are either salty, retarded, or uneducated smile

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 12:20 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

So, you don't find Galen's character to be very author inserty, and, essentially, a power fulfillment character?

The makers of TFU at first didn't even want to use Vader and Sidious in the game as villains, because they thought those guys should be way more powerful than him and Galen shouldn't beat them, and instead they wanted to use a second apprentice of Vader. Then Lucas intervened and told them to use Vader and Sidious.

So you are not only talking shit but horribly misinformed too thumb up

Last edited by cs_zoltan on Dec 25th, 2016 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 12:24 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Also, Galen is hot. Bane is...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Bane is bootyfull. On the inside...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 01:24 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Bane's awesome. He was able to beat one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of all time and resist the mental influence of a Sith Lord capable of mentally influencing thousands of other Sith to remain loyal to each other. That puts Bane on the level of ROTS Palpatine easily.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 01:30 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You don't actually believe that do you?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 02:08 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
The makers of TFU at first didn't even want to use Vader and Sidious in the game as villains, because they thought those guys should be way more powerful than him and Galen shouldn't beat them, and instead they wanted to use a second apprentice of Vader. Then Lucas intervened and told them to use Vader and Sidious.

So you are not only talking shit but horribly misinformed too thumb up

I don't actually care for what their intent was initially, the only thing that matters is the finished product, and to that end, yes --- he is, for reasons already eluded to.

Your argument essentially boils down to "but...but he's powarful". You are either salty, retarded, or uneducated smile

Except, that really isn't my argument Besides power, Galen really doesn't have any unique qualities, or personality traits besides being broody.

Learn to actually comprehend for a change.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I don't actually care for what their intent was initially, the only thing that matters is the finished product, and to that end, yes --- he is, for reasons already eluded to.

You claimed you thought he was a "self insert character for the author" so I'd think their intent would be sort of relevant to you.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 02:58 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I said "self inserty" actually, don't misquote.

Regardless, he exhibits all of the traits of one, even if it wasn't the author's intent initially.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yeah, reckon Kun will be next. smile

If you had the mental faculties and hadn't attempted to do so already, this post might merit comedic value. Unfortunately, it's just desperation.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 03:11 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Tbh it sounds like (from what I've heard from some KMC users) that the Bane hatred is due to the Bane brigade trying to hype him to be more powerful than the likes of Revan and Caedus, and only surpassed by the Banite Sith and the obvious top tiers like Yoda and Sidious.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 07:21 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by nfactor1995
Tbh it sounds like (from what I've heard from some KMC users) that the Bane hatred is due to the Bane brigade trying to hype him to be more powerful than the likes of Revan and Caedus, and only surpassed by the Banite Sith and the obvious top tiers like Yoda and Sidious.
There's been Bane > Plagueis, Bane > RotS Yoda/Sidious, Bane > Kun/Krayt/Revan/Caedus etc, and just as unreasonably IMO > Maul/Dooku/Vader.

I find that poorly written characters attract readers of a similar proclivity, so it's no coincidence that most Bane fans are dense, with the exception of DMB who is simply confused atm. And because those readers are dense, their arguments fall along similar lines.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Last edited by ILS on Dec 25th, 2016 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 08:52 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Nice goalpost moving you got there, because that's not what you said.

So, you don't find Galen's character to be very author inserty, and, essentially, a power fulfillment character?

How is he either, when his makers didn't even want to make him face with either Vader or Sidious out of respect (unlike that f-cuktard Filoni who makes his precious character contend with Vader on a DS nexus...), and in the end still made him quite less powerful than either and only being able to beat Vader due to circumstances?

Except, that really isn't my argument Besides power, Galen really doesn't have any unique qualities, or personality traits besides being broody.

Learn to actually comprehend for a change.

That's only to your limited view. How about his struggle with the Dark and Light (not very unique, but still there it is), his dynamic with Vader and being used, his demons about his slayed parents, or his redemption on the Death Star (he's one of the few characters that went from sith to jedi, not the usual other way around). And in TFU II his self identity crisis.

Your precious Kyp fits your version of a Gary Sue a lot more than Galen smile

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 10:33 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by The Merchant
Bane's awesome. He was able to beat one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of all time and resist the mental influence of a Sith Lord capable of mentally influencing thousands of other Sith to remain loyal to each other. That puts Bane on the level of ROTS Palpatine easily.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

(unlike that f-cuktard Filoni who makes his precious character contend with Vader on a DS nexus...)
LMFAO, so the reason for your dislike of Ahsoka is the fact that she's really powerful. I love it. smile

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 06:45 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by AncientPower
If you had the mental faculties and hadn't attempted to do so already, this post might merit comedic value. Unfortunately, it's just desperation.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 07:07 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by |King Joker|
LMFAO, so the reason for your dislike of Ahsoka is the fact that she's really powerful. I love it. smile

No, I hated Assoka from the first minute I saw her in the TCW movie. She's one of the few characters I hate by her own merit, not just because of her wankers smile

Last edited by cs_zoltan on Dec 26th, 2016 at 09:39 AM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 09:36 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

No, I hated Assoka from the first minute I saw her in the TCW movie.
Guess you can't appreciate character development. smile
She's one of the few characters I hate by her own merit, not just because of her wankers smile
Please, even barring "wankers", you know she's extremely powerful, and it bothers you. smile

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 10:20 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Re: Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?

I mean, I understand he is a terrible Gary Sue, but so is someone like, say, a Galen Marek --- but he doesn't get anywhere near the hate Bane receives.

I just don't get it.
Bane was worse.

Never got injured.

Never had to use any forethought.

Got portrayed as retardedly OP, despite his role among the Banite Sith.

All-around lucky SoB whose life always went the way he wanted.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 11:54 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote