KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney: Round 2, Fight#1

Tourney: Round 2, Fight#1
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Tourney: Round 2, Fight#1

Scoobless Vs. Adam Warlock??

All power changes or clarifications from the first round hold true for all future rounds.

Special Stipulations: Scoobless must change his avatar before the end of the match (next Sunday) or he will be disqualified from the match stick out tongue cool Power is a wonderful thing.... laughing out loud

Battle Location: Sahara Desert. Combatants start on opposite sides of a large dune, out of sight of one another. It is noon, and thus the battlefield is very hot. The entire desert is fair game for the fight, though I doubt you'll need all of it.

Prep as usual.

Scoobless –
Name: The Scarlet Cyborg
General Grievous (body) - http://comics.ign.com/objects/739/739481.html
http://www.supershadow.com/pictures...ievous_ep3.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/general-grievous
Scarlet Spider - http://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Scarl...arletspider.htm
Kull Warrior - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kull_Warrior
http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/...lwarriors.shtml
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Kull-Warriors
Equipment: Lightsabers (4), Kull armor, wrist cannons (2), web shooters (2), impact webbing, paralysis stingers
Character Notes: The Kull armor only covers 2 of Grievous' arms. The wrist cannons fire mid-level bursts of energy, capable of searing flesh and causing moderate concussive damage. The stingers can pierce normal skin but will not penetrate most types of armor. They cause the body to become significantly paralyzed, but the affect can be countered efficiently by most healing factors.
Kull armor: The armor negates nearly all energy attacks, and severly dulls high-level energy attacks. It can be pierced by anything harder/sharper than hard forms of metal, but resists regular bullets. Repeated concussive force (punches, grenades, etc.) can and will jar the wearer significantly.
Lightsabers: Can cut through flesh fairly easily and light types of armor and/or weaponry. However, nigh-indestructible materials such as adamantium, promethium, vibranium, or similarly tough substances will stop a lightsaber, and most armor and metal will slow the blades but not completely stop them (titanium, most types of armor, etc.)
Spidey’s reaction: Easily dodge attacks from untrained opponents, and can dodge bullets/arrows/well trained opponents a modest amount of the time. Innate ‘warning’ system will also allow him to deflect or partially avoid blows or projectiles a modest amount of the time, thus incurring less-than-total damage from the blow/projectile

Adam Warlock (formerly Sentry) –
Name: Thunderstar
Unicorn (body) - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/u/unicorn.htm
Thunderbolt - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...thunderbolt.htm
Shatterstar - http://uncannyxmen.net/db/character...asp?fldAuto=942
Equipment: ??
Character Notes: Unicorn’s skin durability is roughly that of a bullet-proof vest. Anything stronger will pierce it to varying degrees. I’m not entirely sure of the healing levels and energy production of everyone, but the limits of Deadpool healing speed and Cyclops energy production still apply. Power meshing with the speed is fine (since it came up last round). Every voters can decide for themselves just how fast each character would be.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 04:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Question: How does Unicorn trigger the firing mechanism on his helmet?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 06:00 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Going to Church, I'll start debating in a couple hours... sad

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 06:02 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

yeah..... you'd better pray!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 06:12 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

well the only area your guy surpasses my guy in is straight line footspeed... which is nicely negated by all the sand.... so i blast the crap out of you from a distance while using my spidey sense and inhuman flexibility to dodge any counter blasts you throw back at me

(damn Digi.... making me change my avatar....mad )

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 07:09 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Here are my stats:

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 220 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red

Strength Level: Thunderstar possesses superhuman strength and can lift(press) a bit over 15 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Unicorn is superhumanly strong and his body's soft tissues are dozens of times tougher than normal. His body can repel .50 caliber machine gun fire, withstand open flame to 900 degrees Fahrenheit, and resist Iron Man's repulsor rays at maximum blast at a distance of 20 feet. Thunderstar also possessed the superhuman ability to move and run at speeds greater than those a normal human being could achieve. Although he was not as fast as the mutant Quicksilver, Thunderstar could still attain speeds of up to 85 miles per hour.

Abilities: His mutant abilities add to his already tough and super fast body by adding speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and senses, personal regeneration, he also has the mutant ability to convert sonic frequencies into a vibratory shockwave that he channels through his weapons. Thunderstar has been trained in hand-to-hand combat, is proficient with numerous types of weaponry, and is skilled in the arts of espionage. Thunderstar has also had extensive training in many forms of the martial arts of Mojoworld; in particular, he is a master swordsman, and an excellent marksman and is proficient in throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades

Weapons: In addition to his body armor composed of alien materials from Mojoworld and principal weapons are two 2 1/2-foot single-edged swords with spiked hand guards, throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades Thunderstar wears headgear equipped with an energy projector that tunes to various frequency and power levels including infrared and ultraviolet lasers, microwaves, laser-path guided electron and neutron beams. The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet). The power supply is a flat array of nuclear powered thermoelectric cells in Unicorn's belt which turn out about 1.2 kilowatts. The way he triggers these blast are unknown. He could be connected to his visor via neural interface, but it's most likely a button similar to that of Cyclops.

Power stats:

Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Stamina: 4
Durability: 5
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 2
Fighting Ability: 6
Mental Powers: 2
Energy Projection: 5

Here's what those numbers mean:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
(please log in to view the image)

quote:
ers - Ability to use Psionic power

1 - No Psi-Powers : No mental powers
2 - Sixth Sense : Possessing a reactive, defensive mental ability
3 - Low Level Psi : Possessing a single weak mental ability
4 - High Level Psi : Possessing a single strong mental ability
5 - Psy/Telekinetic :Possessing a single highly toned ability, or many
multiple weak abilites
6 - Master Psionic : Possessing multiple developed mental powers
7 - All Seeing : Nearly infinite mental powers; Immeasurable

Stamina - Ability to perform at peak condition

1 - Below Normal Unable to sustain for a minute
2 - Normal Able to sustain for a minute
3 - Above Average Able to sustain for up to an hour
4 - Enhanced Able to sustain for several hours
5 - Superhuman Able to sustain for a day
6 - Metahuman Able to sustain for several days
7 - Immeasurable Never tires due to self-generating energy

Agility - Ability to maintain balance and movement of the body

1 - Below Normal Clumsy
2 - Normal Average
3 - Athlete Above average
4 - Peak Human Significantly above average
5 - Enhanced Human Beyond the natural limits of a human
6 - Superhuman Significantly beyond the limits of a human
7 - Metahuman Extrordinarily beyond the limits of a human

Before anyone has an aneurysm over the speed stat, the rank 3 is supposed to mean speed of a peak human all the way up to 700MPH. My character cannot attain speeds of 700MPH. My character can at maximum output achieve speeds of a 125MPH and up.

quote:
well the only area your guy surpasses my guy in is straight line footspeed... which is nicely negated by all the sand.... so i blast the crap out of you from a distance while using my spidey sense and inhuman flexibility to dodge any counter blasts you throw back at me

Hmmmm... I might be just as strong as you when it comes to strength maybe slightly stronger. If your strategy is play stay away, then I'll play too.

Oh, and since the sand is giving a disadvantage, Ill take to the air via JUMPING and and fire off lasers as well as toss shurikens charged with vibratory shockwaves thus giving it more of a chance of piercing your armor. smile

I'm kinda glad I'm fighting you Scarlet Fever. Your whole body and suit give off this nice energy signature bullseye for my lasers. Not only that, your lightsabers give off a unique and distinct energy signature. Something my lasers will target first by homing in on the hilts of the lightsabers. Don't forget, if you try and whack it away with your lightsabers, you'll get a nice concussive force surprise. Either knocking you down, or blowing your arm off.

If you wanna engage me in close quarter combat, I'll play too. But first, I'll let you reply.

Oh, Scoob, I've done all my praying. Maybe it's time you pray.

C'mon Scooby... Just Bring it!!!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 08:07 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Oh, and since the sand is giving a disadvantage, Ill take to the air via JUMPING and and fire off lasers as well as toss shurikens charged with vibratory shockwaves thus giving it more of a chance of piercing your armor. smile

jumping... sweet.... with no control over movement once you've jumped ... while also making it slightly harder for you to target due to your own movement.... i should be able to hit you with at least 15 blasts of plasma before you touch back down

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 08:14 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Woah... pressing twice your weight makes you a peak human? Cap must be quite the fatass.

Now lets get this on!

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 08:16 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Scoobless
jumping... sweet.... with no control over movement once you've jumped ... while also making it slightly harder for you to target due to your own movement.... i should be able to hit you with at least 15 blasts of plasma before you touch back down

Remember the Matrix movies? Or Bulletproof Monk, at the very end?

Remeber seeing that guy dogde twist and turn in the air dodging those bullets? I'll do that to avoid most of your plasma shots. I'm not saying I'm going to dodge all of them, a few might nip and graze me, but nothing serious. By the time you get off those shots, you should see beams of light heading your way, as well as 6 to 7 shurikens.

Remember now my lasers tend to explode with concussive force on contact. Whether it be direct contact of your body/armor/head, or if you try and whack them away with your lightsabers... Boom! Your dead.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 08:25 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Wait, electron blasts are concussive? Sweet deal. I was thinking more "explodey" damage, but that works too.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 08:27 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Remember the Matrix movies? Or Bulletproof Monk, at the very end?

Remeber seeing that guy dogde twist and turn in the air dodging those bullets? I'll do that to avoid most of your plasma shots.

wait..... we're? using the Matrix as a basis for this?...ok then.... my guy creates infinite duplicates out of all the sand grains and he gang bangs your guy

lol

which one of your guys was in the Matrix again?

even if your guy had that level of agility (which i seriously doubt) there's no way he could spin and aim at the same time... and even if only a handful of my blasts hit, it'll still be more than enough to burn a hole straight through you (he's using Plasma which has been shown to be capable of melting titanium body armour)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 08:38 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

even if your guy had that level of agility (which i seriously doubt) there's no way he could spin and aim at the same time...and even if only a handful of my blasts hit, it'll still be more than enough to burn a hole straight through you (he's using Plasma which has been shown to be capable of melting titanium body armour)

I have enhanced agility courtesy of Shatterstar. So yeah, I'll be able to dodge a few. possibly a bit more. My E-Beams don't need to aim. Their laser guided, and your suit and nearly all of your weapons have a nice energy signature for me to target. My shurikens will be thrown ion your general immediate area. So I will hit something.

and even if only a handful of my blasts hit, it'll still be more than enough to burn a hole straight through you (he's using Plasma which has been shown to be capable of melting titanium body armour)

Burn a hole right through me? Guess again. My armor is comprised Mojo World materials, and trying to blast right through it through my armor and my bulletproof skin, will be a bit harder than you think.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 08:52 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

My E-Beams don't need to aim. Their laser guided, and your suit and nearly all of your weapons have a nice energy signature for me to target.

but while spinning even a laser targeted lock needs to be pointing in the right direction... or else you'll end up shooting straight through your own head

My shurikens will be thrown ion your general immediate area. So I will hit something.

thrown in mid jump/spin?..... hitting a motionless target would be extremely difficult... hitting a superfast target with spider sense would be impossible

Burn a hole right through me? Guess again. My armor is comprised Mojo World materials, and trying to blast right through it through my armor and my bulletproof skin, will be a bit harder than you think.

Titanium is the limit for the tourney though.... so..... mojo-world = shmojo-shmorld

bulletproof skin won't help much either when the assault is from a plasma attack

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Oct 9th, 2005 at 09:11 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 09:03 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

You both disgust me.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 09:07 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

If it's not Shocktopus, LP hates it.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 09:08 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed. If I could vote against both of you, I would.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 09:12 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
but while spinning even a laser targeted lock needs to be pointing in the right direction... or else you'll end up shooting straight through your own head

Don't worry, I'll be looking towards you when I fire off that blast. smile

quote:
thrown in mid jump/spin?..... hitting a motionless target would be extremely difficult... hitting a superfast target with spider sense would be impossible

That was all part of my strategy. I was anticipating you were gonna use your spider sense crap, so that's why the I threw the shurikens. Anywhere you run to there's a good chance a shuriken might hit. Not to mention if you don't move, my e-beams will decimate you. If you do move, there's a good likeliness you'll run into one of my shurikens while trying to move.

Wait a minute. Doesn't the sand impede your speed too? So in that case you'd better be damn fast to avoid all my projectiles, and while your feet are still in the sand, my projectiles will be coming from all directions.

quote:

Titanium is the limit for the tourney though.... so..... mojo-world = shmojo-smorld

bulletproof skin won't help much either when the assault is from a plasma attack

So just because you nip and grazed me with a few plasma blasts puts me out? No. Even if your plasma blasts cauterize my wound and impede my healing factor, I will not die from it. Or be KO'd.

In the sense, it'll piss me off and make my character fight harder.

All this talk about me, how bout you?

Oh, don't worry longpig, after I pull of an upset victory over the champ, I'll be sure to crush you this time.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 09:22 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Oh, don't worry lp, after I pull of an upset victory over the champ, I'll be sure to crush you this time.

evil face

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 09:25 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Damn... I have to go to Reno... I will be back in an a few hours.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 09:31 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Don't worry, I'll be looking towards you when I fire off that blast. smile

and i'll be looking at you when you miss and my plasma blast burns your arm off
That was all part of my strategy. I was anticipating you were gonna use your spider sense

your guy doesn't know i have spider sense
if you don't move, my e-beams will decimate you. If you do move, there's a good likeliness you'll run into one of my shurikens while trying to move.

i'm more than capable of dodging one aimed attack while also avoiding some randomly thrown objects
So just because you nip and grazed me with a few plasma blasts puts me out? No. Even if your plasma blasts cauterize my wound and impede my healing factor, I will not die from it. Or be KO'd.

yeah.. IF it's just a graze you would probably survive... but you'd be in extreme pain as whichever part of you that was grazed continues to burn long after the hit... i imagine that would throw off your "game" for the rest of the battle

multiple "grazes" means multiple areas of skin that'll never grow back properly + loss of mobility

any solid hit means you're screwed
In the sense, it'll piss me off and make my character fight harder.

no... in the sense that it'll cripple or kill you

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 10:14 PM