KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest

The battle takes place in an alternate reality New York City, with no differences from the real-life New York City, at sunrise.

StarsNeverFall7

Thor
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thor_

Cable (with TO virus)
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Cable
Iceman
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Iceman

Spiderman
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Spiderman
Deadpool (Regular 616 Universe)
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Deadpool

Batman
http://www.legionsofgotham.org/BIOSbatman.html
Batgirl
http://www.legionsofgotham.org/BIOSbatgirl.html

VS

TricksterPriest

Herald level:
Apocalypse http://www.marvel.com/universe/Apoc...En_Sabah_Nur%29

Enhanced Meta level: Violator & Omega Red (W/e Carbonadium synthesizer) http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/v/violator.htm
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../o/omegared.htm

Meta: Death Gambit (Horseman version) & Venom (Mac Gargan).
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Venom
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gambit

Street level picks:
Domino.
http://marvel.com/universe/Domino_%28Neena_Thurman%29
Nyssa Al Ghul
http://www.search.com/reference/Nyssa_Raatko

StarsNeverFall7 Write-Up
quote:

I’d first like to point out that there are a few characters that I personally don’t see on Tricksters team that are going to work together well. Apocalypse sees himself as a god and would shun out the rest of his team for being below what he perceives himself to be. Only one he would easily side with would be his one horseman, Death Gambit. Violator is a demon from hell who feels he is unappreciated by Malebolgia. He is out on a solo mission to gather new soldiers for hells army which I’m sure he would see his team as excellent candidates. Often known for his disobedience and inability to listen, a team player he is not. Death Gambit is a horseman of Apocalypse, as stated above he is going to resent the beings just like his master. Omega Red continuously emits a deadly pheromone from his body, with no way for the majority of his team to counter this effect, how are they going to easily fight along side him? Domino has fought with the X-Men who often feud with Apocalypse so his liking for her is going to be slim to none, she now works with Six-Pack as one of the good guys, and she isn’t going to be anywhere near home amongst this team of villains. Venom (Mac Gargan) hasn’t ever been known for being a team player in any instance; not as bad as Carnage, but friendly he is not. Especially with the former Scorpion as his host, his mental stability is FAR from decent rendering him the ability to go coo-coo at any time on his own team.

Prep : In the beginning of the two hours and some conversation and planning, Thor and Batman take to the skies to scout the territory and allow Batman to do what he is known best for, the prep for strategic planning. After careful review of the territory Batman calculates specific areas for mines, small bombs, booby traps, and etc to allow buildings to explode, fall, and etc causing injury, distractions, etc. They return to their “base site”. Everyone is handed a COM link via Batman. Thor begins to create a heavy rain and Iceman goes to work, creating hundreds to thousands of razor sharp ice shards in varying weights and sizes of the densest ice he can create. Once the battle is about to begin Cable uses his telekinesis to hold the ice shards far above the battle field as Thor ascends high into the clouds. The battle begins.

The Battle: Little did Thor or the rest of the team know, but Batman’s mines, bombs, booby traps, etc were setup to allow the team to track their advancement up the battlefield, along with causing injury and hopefully taking out the humans along the way, and is communicated via COM link to the rest of the team. The forces meet, upon arrival opposing team notices that the God of Thunder and Lighting isn’t there. At that sheer moment Thor rains down a barrage of lighting attacks to the opponent, a raging attack leaving most of the opponents in shock or stunned as their second assault waves comes crashing down as Cable violently forces those hundreds ice shards into the skin of the opponents. Thor touches earth only to level a building next to Cable. It is at this moment that Thor, Cable, and Iceman stand the front line against the rest of the standing opponents. Deadpool comes out from the reserve; it’s a body slide by two. Deadpool offers a full suppressive fire and that building that Thor just leveled becomes a lethal telekinetic weapon in Cables hands.

After an attack like this Apocalypse, Violator, and Venom should be the only ones standing. Nyssa is merely human and has no chance and standing the attack from Mines, the Norse God or the ice barrage from Cable. Domino can only use her probability from what she can react to; lighting isn’t something she’s going to be able to react to. Omega Red doesn’t have the durability to with hold to anything of this magnitude from the two assaults and is sense put out of this fight. If Gambit were to survive this, I’ve already got Deadpool on the reserve and if nothing else his kinetic energy isn’t getting anywhere but absorbed when Mjonlir is around. The same Deadpool he paid off instead of fight, because Deadpool is tantamount to suicide. A body slide by one and a Shoryuken to the melon and Gambit is quickly out of this fight. That leaves an Apocalypse, Violator, Venom, and possibly a Gambit to stand ground against Thor, Cable, Iceman, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Batman, and Batgirl. Like I stated previously, Gambit has already once paid Deadpool off instead of fight him, a body slide by one and a Shoryuken to the melon takes Gambit out quickly. Via COM link Batman immediately sends out Spider-Man to distract Venom, because Venoms hatred for Spidey will force him to follow and lead him on a wild goose chase. That leaves an Apocalypse and Violator to stand against Thor, Cable, Iceman, Batman and Batgirl. Thor and Cable take off to Apocalypse and leave Iceman, Batman, and Batgirl to Violator. Batman and Batgirl serve as nothing but a distraction here to draw Violator away from Iceman, in the midst of doing so Iceman graciously puts Violator into a brick of ice and he has done Hulk, and make for sure if Hulk couldn’t get out immediately, neither will Violator. A few strategically place explosive Batarangs, and Violator is put out of this fight. Onto Thor and Cable against Apocalypse, Cable and Apocalypses previous battles come to mind and he immediately turns his attention to the one who has beaten him before in attempts to even the odds. Cable raises his force field and gets prepared to throw down. This distraction gives more than enough time for Thor to give Apocalypse a full fledged hammer throw, enough to knock him off balance. A full telekinetic slam from Cable and a full assault from Thor and Mjonlir, Apocalypse isn’t left standing for long. This leaves Venom to stand against a full team, he is good, but he by far isn’t that good.

No write-up was received from Trickster Priest

I wish both competitors the best of luck. Now let the match begin!

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 07:10 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I believe TricksterPriest will post his own write-up later on.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 07:24 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Domino was switched for Prometheus.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:19 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Domino was switched for Prometheus.

Whoops, Sorry about that.

TricksterPriest actually has Prometheus instead of Domino
http://www.answers.com/topic/prometheus-comics

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:21 PM
hulk10

StarsNeverFall7 wins.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:47 PM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Hang on can competitors argue that the opposing teams side won't be able to 'work together' as an argument for someone losing?, or am I missing something because I assumed they did.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:53 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by hulk10
StarsNeverFall7 wins.

You don't have enough KMC posts to have your vote counted ... and voting before one of the competitors has even come on is just plain ignorant.

erm

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:56 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

You don't have enough KMC posts to have your vote counted ... and voting before one of the competitors has even come on is just plain ignorant.

erm

There's probably a loop hole for him...since I think he's one of the competitors...or at least his name is listed as one.

But yeah agreed with everything else.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:58 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

erm

he doens´t neet to, his participating as well, so he is demanded to vote, about the other part your right, he should´ve waited.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:58 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Didn't realise he was in this.

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:59 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Didn't realise he was in this.

embarrasment

Wow...

Come on scoobless! Even though there's twelve people in this tournament and it may be hard to keep track off. This guy could be your future opponent.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:01 PM
StarsNeverFall7

Okay I didn't realize that Domino was switched until I had already posted a write up, and didn't feel itd be to far to try to retrive it, edit, and resubmit, so ill just go with a follow up.

Same applies for prometheus, he may be good but without the abilility to effect probability at his aid, he is more in tune to get taken out by those first initial attacks.

I can't really get too into detail until Trickster posts something

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 16th, 2006 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:08 PM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by hulk10
StarsNeverFall7 wins.

You're really supposed to wait for debating. Not everything is the teams involved. no expression

{edit} ah, I see Scoob dealt with it already.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Decided to just post it myself. I pmed a copy of this to evangel.

First off. I did not look at my compeditor's write-up. That would be cheating. I want a clean fight. So, let's start by looking at his team. Thor, god of thunder, tough as a brick wall, and about as smart. Cable w/e TO virus, very dangerous, but beatable. Iceman, thought this one would be tougher, but thanks to Evangel's rulings, no biggie for my team. Spidey, piece of cake. Deadpool.... bastard. I wanted him stick out tongue but mostly hard to put down, not so much a huge thread. Batman&Batgirl, good street picks, but mine have beaten them already.

Here goes: Apocalypse is far more powerful than Thor, given that X-factor, X-force and the xmen had to combine to beat him. So, on a power stand point, my herald has an advantage. The rest of my team outclasses his, except for Cable. Nyssa is basically a female version of her father, so I expect her to hold her own against the bats. Prometheus has beaten Lady Shiva in 3 seconds, so he can stomp Cassandra. I've heard Violator has TP, but I can't prove it, so that's out. But I'm not sure he's vulnerable to it, given that he's a demon. Omega red can drain off Iceman I believe, but even if he can't, he can certainly put the hurt on the rest of his team.

Here's the plan. Apoc links everyone's minds to share information. Then, Death Gambit gets some makeshift gas canisters and fills them with a delayed reaction odorless, tasteless, invisible gas that induces drowsiness. To prevent Cable from sensing them placing the gas, Death Gambit uses his ability to scramble his brain from telepaths by holding a charged item near his head. Venom scouts ahead and using Apoc's communication equipment, relays the info to the rest of the team. Apocalypse then starts sending out telepathic illusions to get them to waste energy and disclose their location. After they've found them, we make an attack from multible angles, then disengage, releasing the gas in their wake. They'll split up and chase. And that's when we pick them off one by one. Violator uses his shapeshifting to sneak up on Iceman and before Iceman can figure out what's happening, boom, instant hell-fire cooked Iceman. Even if that fails, Violator will eventually beat Iceman, either by ripping him apart, or just blasting him with hellfire, necroplasm, etc. Omega Red can go after Deadpool, I doubt even his healing factor can save him if Omega Red gets a grip on him. Venom, as par for the course, goes for Spiderman. Now, no one on here can dispute how that fight ends. Spidey beating venom without Sonics or fire is PIS. Venom will not stop this time, the webcrawler dies.
Now, street level. Nyssa Al Ghul is as well trained as her father, and Ra's goes dead even with batman. She can at least keep him busy and off balance long enough to pick his team off. Prometheus has beaten Lady Shiva in 3 seconds, Cassandra can't win. Finally Apoc goes after Thor. Of course, Thor might try to help his teammates by flying into the air, but Apoc can keep him busy with telepathic illusions or by engaging him directly. Hell, Apoc could telekinetically knock the hammer away while battering thor down. 60 seconds later, no thor. Squish. Of course, they could not take the bait, but a few telepathic illusions, press the right buttons, and feigning weakness, the odds favor us. But if they don't pursue, we can still take them in a pitched battle. That's my plan.

EDIT: I SAID EDDIE BROCK DAMN IT! Not Mac Gargan. I changed that one awhile ago.

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Dec 16th, 2006 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:39 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,

TricksterPriest has sent me his write-up. He said he did not look at this thread or his opponents write-up when he made this.

quote:

First off. I did not look at my compeditor's write-up. That would be cheating. I want a clean fight. So, let's start by looking at his team. Thor, god of thunder, tough as a brick wall, and about as smart. Cable w/e TO virus, very dangerous, but beatable. Iceman, thought this one would be tougher, but thanks to Evangel's rulings, no biggie for my team. Spidey, piece of cake. Deadpool.... bastard. I wanted him but mostly hard to put down, not so much a huge thread. Batman&Batgirl, good street picks, but mine have beaten them already.

Here goes: Apocalypse is far more powerful than Thor, given that X-factor, X-force and the xmen had to combine to beat him. So, on a power stand point, my herald has an advantage. The rest of my team outclasses his, except for Cable. Nyssa is basically a female version of her father, so I expect her to hold her own against the bats. Prometheus has beaten Lady Shiva in 3 seconds, so he can stomp Cassandra. I've heard Violator has TP, but I can't prove it, so that's out. But I'm not sure he's vulnerable to it, given that he's a demon. Omega red can drain off Iceman I believe, but even if he can't, he can certainly put the hurt on the rest of his team.

Here's the plan. Apoc links everyone's minds to share information. Then, Death Gambit gets some makeshift gas canisters and fills them with a delayed reaction odorless, tasteless, invisible gas that induces drowsiness. To prevent Cable from sensing them placing the gas, Death Gambit uses his ability to scramble his brain from telepaths by holding a charged item near his head. Venom scouts ahead and using Apoc's communication equipment, relays the info to the rest of the team. Apocalypse then starts sending out telepathic illusions to get them to waste energy and disclose their location. After they've found them, we make an attack from multible angles, then disengage, releasing the gas in their wake. They'll split up and chase. And that's when we pick them off one by one. Violator uses his shapeshifting to sneak up on Iceman and before Iceman can figure out what's happening, boom, instant hell-fire cooked Iceman. Even if that fails, Violator will eventually beat Iceman, either by ripping him apart, or just blasting him with hellfire, necroplasm, etc. Omega Red can go after Deadpool, I doubt even his healing factor can save him if Omega Red gets a grip on him. Venom, as par for the course, goes for Spiderman. Now, no one on here can dispute how that fight ends. Spidey beating venom without Sonics or fire is PIS. Venom will not stop this time, the webcrawler dies.
Now, street level. Nyssa Al Ghul is as well trained as her father, and Ra's goes dead even with batman. She can at least keep him busy and off balance long enough to pick his team off. Prometheus has beaten Lady Shiva in 3 seconds, Cassandra can't win. Finally Apoc goes after Thor. Of course, Thor might try to help his teammates by flying into the air, but Apoc can keep him busy with telepathic illusions or by engaging him directly. Hell, Apoc could telekinetically knock the hammer away while battering thor down. 60 seconds later, no thor. Squish. Of course, they could not take the bait, but a few telepathic illusions, press the right buttons, and feigning weakness, the odds favor us. But if they don't pursue, we can still take them in a pitched battle. That's my plan.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:40 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Decided to just post it myself. I pmed a copy of this to evangel.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wow. Talk about redundantly repetitive.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

erm
well i do, StarsNeverFall7 wins

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:43 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Hmm...I didn't see that TricksterPriest posted his write-up before I posted.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:43 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Oops. Sorry guys. You can delete that post. Thought Evangel wasn't on. Btw, I said Eddie Brock Venom, not gargan. I switched them.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:47 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Oops. Sorry guys. You can delete that post. Thought Evangel wasn't on. Btw, I said Eddie Brock Venom, not gargan. I switched them.

When did you say this? I don't recall you switching them.

[EDIT]
I posted your team in the Tournament Match and Discussion thread and the only thing you objected to was Domino being accidently posted.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:48 PM