KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » SITHMAS 2011 - LIGHT SIDE - The Gift of Otrakos

SITHMAS 2011 - LIGHT SIDE - The Gift of Otrakos
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

SITHMAS 2011 - LIGHT SIDE - The Gift of Otrakos

SITHMAS 2011

The Gift of Otrakos

These events take place sometime in the year before Episode IV. The Jedi have been forming an investigation into the Red Lance pirates, but the Jedi Council has pulled away some of the team for a special mission to Otrakos, a world with a long and tumultuous history.

----

The premise of this Sithmas gift is simple- there will be a competitive element in the game that allows for a single winner! All who participate in the competition will receive 2xp. The winner, however, will receive 5xp!

----

Otrakos

Otrakos is a world that has been out of the public eye for some time. It was discovered in the early days of hyperspace exploration, around the time the Galactic Republic was founded. It was colonized primarily by citizens of the Core worlds that did not buy into the idea of a unified galactic government, preferring complete autonomy. The Otrakos colony began to develop a small fortune using mining projects and was established as a democratic body, but had trouble standing on its own without any support from the Republic or nearby worlds. The planet transitioned to control by a military group, the Otrakos Defense Union, that sprung up when pirates began threatening the colony.

The Senate, in older days, made numerous attempts to absorb Otrakos into the Republic due to its mineral wealth. But as the ODU would not step down and as Otrakos is so far out of normal Republic boundaries, the Senate eventually gave up. The last time there were any motions on the Senate floor concerning Otrakos was thousands of years ago, when the Sith invaded it to use its resources.

Except invaded isn't really the right term. The ODU felt that a Sith occupation was within their best interests, since pirates either allied themselves with the Sith or sought easier prey than the Lords of the Dark Side.

Eventually the Sith were exterminated, and Otrakos returned to its normal existence. The Otrakos Defense Union in its current incarnation has been in place since the end of the New Sith Wars, spearheaded by a single official with no title who guides a military junta, which supervises and protects its people. The colony has never been terribly advanced or notable, though occasionally diplomats and explorers find themselves taken hostage by the government in foul attempts to garner attention from the Republic.

One of Otrakos' attempts at being important has come around again, but this time it is different. Calaveon, the untitled leader of the the ODU, has announced that an important archaeological find has been made on Otrakos- an artifact from the days of the Sith occupation. Apparently, he aims to hold a competition in his own honor to procure the artifact and gain renown.

The Jedi Council wants this artifact secured and brought to Coruscant under any circumstances. Unfortunately, Otrakos is not incredibly friendly to the Jedi, and so our heroes are sent undercover in a non-descript transport to seek entrance into the competition, to win the Gift of Otrakos.

The freighter is a non-descript craft flying from the Core, ostensibly to deliver supplies. In reality, the Jedi that have been selected for the mission to Otrakos are aboard.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 10:33 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Wentar volunteers to be the pilot of this freighter! Though he once again wishes he were flying the Free Flier.

What sort of competition is this anyway?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 11:10 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'm hanging out in the freighter as well.
Are our Padawans with us?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 01:14 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

So it's a friendly competition? No ignoring our alignments to fight one another, eh? evil face

We don't have an option that isn't the freighter, do we?

I begin befriending NPCs. If they seem amenable, I will attempt to talk them into helping me "find something." I am not above handing out reasonable payment/bribe to this end. I'm as discreet as possible, but realize it may attract some attention. I will take the risk.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 07:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Actually, any Jedi going on this mission are the only passengers on the ship.

Your Padawans have remained behind to carry on the investigation into the Red Lance's moves. Sunda did so begrudgingly but the Council asked that he stay on it.

As for the competition being friendly, well...

Wentar, flying the clunky craft, receives a transmission the minute he pulls the ship out of hyperspace in the orbit of Otrakos. Otrakos is a whitish-brown world with heavy cloud cover.

"Come one, come all!" announces the message. "The Competition begins today, by decree of our great brother Calaveon! Enter if you dare and seek fame and fortune on Otrakos by retrieving its Gift from the unyielding, treacherous lands of the Lotos Territory! It will be a free-for-all to the finish! Land at Calaveon's Bastion and join now!"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 07:34 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"And so it begins!" Andro declares upon hearing the message, and flashes a wolfish grin to his competi... colleauges.
After events on Mandragos, Andro is eager to prove his worth as a skilled Jedi. If not to others, at least to himself. A bit of harmless competition, with a very important goal, is right up his alley.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:05 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

How many of us are in this thing? I see four so far, including myself.

----

Tilulla feels somewhat out of place. She hasn't yet proven herself among her Jedi colleagues, and has usually stayed in the background of others' endeavors. She's operated on her own before, but never at a level expected of the Jedi. She's eager, and allows herself to feel some anger at her inability to contribute so that she can channel it into productive energy and focus.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 10:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

How undercover is undercover? Do we have sabers?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 10:34 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral relaxed looking out the viewport at the world below.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 11:55 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"I'd like to learn more about this competition before I get too excited about it," Wentar says thoughtfully. "Though from that broadcast is almost sounds like a race."

He tweaks the freighters sensors to compensate for the heavy cloud cover, no need to have issues when we're coming in to land.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 03:32 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"Maybe see if there is any other chatter on the com that isn't encrypted." Denzral says.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 07:12 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Does Denzral want to make a quick scan of the comm channels?

Yes, you have your lightsabers. The Council does not want to send you into potential danger unarmed and unprepared, but they do think it wise to hide who you are unless it is necessary to reveal yourself.

Wentar prepares the freighter for entry into Otrakos' atmosphere, and begins dipping into the roiling clouds of the upper atmosphere. Everything checks out okay.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 07:24 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral goes ahead with the comm scan, getting maybe Soapy to help if he is present.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 08:26 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Oh, yeah, what about droids?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 03:36 PM
REXXXX
Networking

If you wish your droids to accompany you, that is fine.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 07:03 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Very well...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 07:38 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallaher will come to keep Andro company.

"What do you think it is that they found?" Gallagher asks.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 10:12 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Roan will pop into that conversation as well.
"Seems to be some Sith artifact. Wouldn't get my hopes up, these things tend to be either total myths, or broken beyond recognition."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 03:50 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"I couldn't begin to guess at a name. But it must be something very powerful if the Temple sends us all the way out here to retrieve it."

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 05:39 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Denzral scans the comm waves and finds that the competition announcement is being broadcast over all channels, official and unofficial.

Wentar is surprised that he enters the atmosphere unhindered, without so much as a contact or confirmation from the star port.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 04:26 PM