KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Avengers Thread

The Avengers Thread
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

The Avengers Thread

I didn't see this topic listed, and since the Avengers has more or less always been a solid title I've decided to launch this. So... let's discuss!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 04:57 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I didn't see this topic listed, and since the Avengers has more or less always been a solid title I've decided to launch this. So... let's discuss!
Let's discuss... Don't you mean ASSEMBLE!?

Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Avengers have been 3 of my top Marvel comics. Along with Thor and Hulk.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 05:27 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Issue#7 The gems are reassemble?

I thought the Watcher took them from Reed and his friends?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 06:07 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

I honestly think Avengers Academy is the best of the Avengers titles at the moment.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 06:41 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Avengers along with Daredevil was what got me into comics.

I always loved the team. So here are some comments for the current titles so far:

Avengers: The writing is average so far. The new story looks promising. The team can do without Wolverine and Spiderman. I don’t really see why slots in different teams should be occupied with the same characters when there are other underused characters that would fit as good or even better. Finally the art is unbearable. I t really makes the book hard to read for me.

New Avengers: Wolvie, Spidy, Luke, Ironfist… I like it. The story was pretty neat too. Art was nice also. Looking forward for the new line up.

Secret Avengers: Cap’s black ops? Hell yeah! Love the art. And I’d like some more Nova with them (RIP).

Avengers Academy: haven’t followed it

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 08:09 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

so since this is our official Avengers thread let me ask:
what is the best possible line-up for you guys if you could assemble every hero who was ever an avenger in a team of 7 people?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 11:46 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Pym
Thor
Iron Man
Janet
Captain America
Monica Rambeau

...and Squirrel Girl

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 12:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Thor
Iron Man
Wanda
Vision
Captain America
Mantis or Moondragon
Ms Marvel (binary mode preferably)

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 02:21 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Hawkeye
Wonderman
Vision
Thor
Scarlet Witch
Monica Rambeau
Hercules
She-Hulk

...mostly for entertainment value.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 02:50 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Btw [SPOILER - highlight to read]: killing off Doctor Voodoo after about two arcs holding the Sorcerer Supreme title was as lame as it gets, really way to troll the character Bendis

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 03:22 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

is anyone actaully surprized? honestly thats how marvel roles.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 08:59 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Just by looking at the cover "one of these Avengers will die" I was almost convinced it was him, but still, it was kind of a troll's solution to a non-problem. Awfully handled all in all.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 09:15 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

The main Avenger's title is garbage. The dialogue is downright painful at times. Avengers Prime is so much better. I find it difficult to believe it's written by the same person.

The latest issue was actually alright to be fair. Then again so was the first issue and just went downhill from there.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 11:17 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Bendis knows next to nothing about writing panel dialogue, his dialogue is a bit generic and stale, but he's even worse at developping words through a page.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 12:45 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Time is broken.

Is this the fight? No, it's just a damn thing.

Two classics right there.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 12:50 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by vansonbee
Issue#7 The gems are reassemble?

I thought the Watcher took them from Reed and his friends?
Nope. Reed gave one gem to each member of the Illuminati:

(please log in to view the image)

I just wonder how Tony lost the reality gem..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 04:06 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Galan007
I just wonder how Tony lost the reality gem..?
The booze.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 05:04 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Badabing
Let's discuss... Don't you mean ASSEMBLE!?

Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Avengers have been 3 of my top Marvel comics. Along with Thor and Hulk.

Yeah me too, I'm interested in the direction that Simon is going.

Originally posted by Warlord
so since this is our official Avengers thread let me ask:
what is the best possible line-up for you guys if you could assemble every hero who was ever an avenger in a team of 7 people?

As of right now? I would go with:

Thor
Ironman
Quasar
Ms. Marvel
Rulk
Hawkeye
Monica Rambeau (Field Captain)

This is a line up that would make even the Mighty JLA blush.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 12:04 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Bentley
Btw [SPOILER - highlight to read]: killing off Doctor Voodoo after about two arcs holding the Sorcerer Supreme title was as lame as it gets, really way to troll the character Bendis

thumb up

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 12:28 PM
Senor Cage

So... Any new Rulk feats? Anything good in Avengers?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 01:30 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote