KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition

Ull XII

The streets are crowded with people on Ull XII. Banners and ribbons criss-cross overhead and line the tops of buildings. The annual Great Competition has arrived once again.

"Come one, come all!" shouts a barker, on the boundaries of the fence where the festival is held. "The Great Competition is here! Bring yourself, bring your family! If you have a talent, you can win a prize for it!"

In the crowd, a man in dark clothing is listening to the barker very attentively. The barker notices and gestures at him.

"You sir!" the barker shouts. "Can you shoot a gun? We've got target shooting, pistol duels, free-for-alls, obstacle courses, quick draw machines!"

The man in dark clothing contemplates this, then steps away as the barker starts shouting down someone else about all the prizes he could win. He takes out his comlink as he moves against the crowd.

"Krylor," says Tiglath Pulsar. "I think you'll find what I have to say very interesting..."

-

Welcome to “The Great Competition,” an episode of the Retrospection games! As an episode of this series, “Respite” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the players’ characters. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars role-playing game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, it will explore the criminal activities of Krylor Xan'ti, a Dark Jedi mentored by con artist and petty criminal Tiglath Pulsar.

Tiglath has but two loves in this Galaxy- money, and himself. On his own, he is perfectly talented enough to con anyone out of their wallet, either with words or with the Force. However, he is overly cautious about his own well-being. So when his cons call for action or he crosses someone, he has a back-up plan- his student, Krylor.

The year is 30 BBY- two years after the events of The Phantom Menace. In their journeys, Pulsar and Krylor have come to Ull XII, one of a series of habitable moons. Pulsar intends to enter Krylor into the Great Competition, using his supernatural talents as a Force-user to win everything...

Old Post May 16th, 2011 03:49 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ull XII

Krylor- you are on-board the Ravenous, the modified slave ship flown by your ally, Bryn Koll. After a long flight through the Outer Rim, your mentor Tiglath ordered Bryn to put the ship down here, on Ull XII.

The gas giant Ull has over thirty moons, most of which are inhabited by unimportant colonies that specialize in the production of certain goods. For example, Ull V has an arms production factory, where as Ull XXVI has bountiful farmland.

For anyone not interested and just passing through, you want Ull XII. It is a pit stop for spacers moving through the system. Bryn is outside getting the ship refueled when your comlink beeps.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 03:53 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

I respond to the comlink "Krylor, Who hails?"

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:40 PM
Samurai4Hire is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai4Hire a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai4Hire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It is Tiglath Pulsar, your mentor. He went off the ship to explore the area and told you to wait here.

"Krylor," Pulsar says. "I've found something that we might be interested in, here on this gods-forsaken moon."

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:42 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

"im on my way. I hope this is more lucretive than the last graft we tried. where are you" Krylor said as he clipped his gun belt on in preperation for the venture into the new unexplored Civ of Ull XII.

I head out of the ship

Last edited by Samurai4Hire on May 16th, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:49 PM
Samurai4Hire is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai4Hire a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai4Hire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

When you step out of the ship, you find that Pulsar has returned to the docking bay. He is a middle-aged man with graying hair and a pencil-thin goatee, wearing his nicest outfit. He rather prominently has his pistol strapped to his left hip; his lightsaber is hidden in his gambler's vest.

"Right here," he responds, putting away the comlink as you step down the ramp. "And oh, this certainly will be."

He smiles.

"How competitive do you feel you are as a person, Krylor?"

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:53 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

" I dont compete as much as winn . Competition denotes the chance of loseing. I dont lose.What do you have in mind? Are the stakes High?"

Krylor said with a smug cockyness he had aqcuired over the years. Feeling out the Strangers intentions.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Pulsar is no stranger! This man has trained you!

"That's the spirit, my boy!" Pulsar laughs, slapping you on the back. "Well then, no doubt you'll be interested in the Great Competition of Ull XII! I've been asking around, there are very expensive prizes for us to win, here. And you're going to win them all because you are the best! Am I right or am I right?"

Pulsar has that familiar gleam in his eye- money can be made here.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:06 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

I thought the Gray haird guy was talking to me.

"So what do I have to do? Lets go make some money" Krylor said as he put on his Mandelore Helm

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That would be Pulsar. Being your mentor, he is a bit older than yourself and has seen more of the Galaxy. Otherwise you probably would not want to be learning from him any longer.

Pulsar smirks as you put the helmet.

"Oh, that silly thing," Pulsar says, tapping the helmet. "Anyway, we just need to get you signed into the Competition as one of the competitors! There is just one little thing, though..."

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:17 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

"Whats that" Krylor said erked at the sarcasm towards his wearing of the helm ~this is the hardest combat trophy i ever won~

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Nobody can know what we are," Pulsar says. "They're not going to take too kindly to Dark Jedi cheating their way through the Competition."

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:31 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

"yea I get it. Dont worry you know ill play along just make sure i get my fair share "

He said jokingly but with a hint of seriousness to it. Tiglath has skimed a little extra for himself before but what do you expect from a Dark Jedi. After all he did find us this gig.
"So where are the chumps now? WHats the GAME" he said with anticipation

Old Post May 17th, 2011 09:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"That's what we're going to find out," Pulsar says, leading you out of the docking bay and into the busy streets. The streets are crowded with joyous people dancing about and drinking and such, with banners and streamers and ribbons strewn all over the place. It takes you some time, but eventually you reach the high walls that separate the Great Competition's grounds from the rest of the city.

The entrance is a high archway that people are moving through slowly, being checked in to the Competition. A hologram displaying numbers indicates that they are nearing their limit of competitors for the day...

Old Post May 17th, 2011 05:47 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

"It doesnt look like we are going to make it" Krylor said with a sense of anxiety. "I hope you have something up your sleeve to grant me a slot. But Im sure you have it set" He said with a shigrin at Tiglath.

Krylor was not realy woried. His longtime mentor ,despite being a Dark Jedi, has never let him down. Krylors look sudenly gets more serious when he says " How much is involved here? I need a new heavy blaster. That last Jedi We dispatched damaged it when he force pulled it out of my holster and slung 200' into the wall"

~That S.O.B.~ he thought to himself ~ I got that blaster from Zulla the Hutt for killing his rival for the Grekus trade route. Zulla wanted exclusive access and Verik Solon the top supplier of Zxeen spice wanted no part of giving that route up,even though he had inumerable routes. That was a very hard job to infiltrate, gain the trust and finaly get close enough to assassinate him and escape. For my work Zulla gave me a choice of Coriscant curency or the Heavy Blaster that had a madule in it that allowed for rapid recharge for Full auto laser fire. It was an awesome weapon to fire. It struck fear in anyone who saw it fire. I would never give it up and need to repair wich will be very costly~

:::I just felt like i needed to write that. It was just fun::::

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Always good to know some of Krylor's past adventures!

I take it that Krylor uses heavy blaster pistols, then?

"What, you're just going to let people stand in front of you?" Pulsar asks. "What kind of student have I trained? TAKE a spot in line if you really want this!"

Old Post May 18th, 2011 08:46 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

With that being said Krylor walked up tp the front of the line and said to the being standing there "Thank you for holding my spot you can go now"

:::Useing force to impose my will:::

Old Post May 18th, 2011 10:58 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Okay, so Krylor is going to cut in line!

This will be an Intimidation skill check as Krylor acts imposing. He has a Charisma of 4 and an Intimidation skill of 3. So all together, you have 7 dice to roll to scare someone into giving you their spot.

Were you going to take my recommendation to buy Presence instead of the Leadership Mastery, since you can't use that yet?

Old Post May 18th, 2011 11:10 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

Yes I changed it on character sheet

Old Post May 18th, 2011 11:28 PM
REXXXX
Networking

In that case, Presence provides +3 dice to your roll, for a total of 10 dice! What you want to roll are 5s and 6s; they count as successes. The more you get, the better you did.

You roll four successes. The man you decide to scare decides he doesn't want to find out what will happen if you don't get your way. You move way ahead in the line.

"That's more like it!" Pulsar says, patting you on the back and sliding into line next to you.

The entrance itself is commanded by a man in uniform- an official from the Competition- and a couple of armed thugs.

"Name, please?" asks the official.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 12:30 AM