KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT

Who's the best?
This poll is closed.
Lebron is better 3 27.27%
Kobe is better 8 72.73%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT
Started by: TheGame17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGame17

Question LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT

so i heard ESPN asking who's the better man as a player.
What are your guy's take???

if i had to choose i'd pick Kobe

so whos better??

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 06:57 PM
TheGame17 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGame17 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGame17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGame17

SO.................... do you guys just hate them both???

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:34 AM
TheGame17 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGame17 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGame17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Kobe>Lebron

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:17 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Kobe, his game has no holes or weaknesses.
Whereas LeBron still has a ways to go with a few things. If LeBron ever develops a jumper as consistent as Kobe's then the NBA is in trouble, but as it stands he can be taken out of the game if you pack it in like the Spurs did last year and make him a jump shooter. With LeBrons speed and strength it makes him nearly impossible to stop if he gets up a head of steam, he just absorbs contact and dudes seem to bounce off him. Plus he has great court vision and can find the open man in traffic. He has all the physical talent to be the GOAT but he has to master the game on both ends the way Jordan and now Kobe have.
The argument for Kobe or LeBron reminds me of the old Jordan or Magic debate years ago. Obviously LeBron is more physically gifted than Magic (Magic was far more skillful though) but their games are somewhat similar whereas Kobe has been compared to Jordan for years with how he plays. The one thing that they all have in common is that do whatever is needed to win, Kobe has been criticised for years for being a ballhog but imo all he tries to do is win.
Being a Laker fan his shot selection used to frustrate me (usually when he missed) but if you think about it a Kobe fadeaway over three defenders is probably a better percentage shot than a Walton, Kwame or Smush attempt. Now that he has better players around him you see him trust his teammates to finish the plays, take better percentage shots(because the defense isnt focused on just him) and the triangle offense is working beautifully. Jordan was exactly the same when he played with scrubs, people only seem to remember Jordan under Phil Jackson but before that he wasnt giving that ball to anyone who couldnt make the shot because he wanted to win so bad. This is where LeBron is similar to Magic in the fact that he will give the ball up and keep setting up his guys even if they miss, Jordan and Kobe didnt have that kind of patience but you cant argue with their results.
So for now its Kobe>LeBron, but LeBron works on his game and improves every year so the gap will get smaller as he improves and father time catches up to Kobe.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:14 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Kobe is in his prime. LeBron will shatter every record Kobe makes. Can LeBron win a title? Time will tell

Can Kobe win another one. Hell yeah. Lakers stay healthy. Sky is the limit

Kobe>LeBron. No better player in the NBA than Kobe

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 11:10 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGame17

quote: (post)
Originally posted by guy222
Kobe is in his prime. LeBron will shatter every record Kobe makes. Can LeBron win a title? Time will tell

i agree.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 05:10 PM
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Kobe is better. Statistically LeBron might be better this year, but Kobe has a team producing, so he doesn't have to carry the load.

I saw this video of Kobe's '05-'06 year. It gave me chills. I don't see LeBron being this good, but time will tell:

http://dory.mncast.com/mncHMovie.sw...520060907045809

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 08:29 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

It's not even close really. Very few people ever mention the fact that Kobe is a multiple All-Defensive team. LeBron's defense is adequate, at best. When you say "best player", that means both ends of the floor.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 11:41 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGame17

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
It's not even close really. Very few people ever mention the fact that Kobe is a multiple All-Defensive team. LeBron's defense is adequate, at best. When you say "best player", that means both ends of the floor.

ya i'd like to hear another side to this. i wonder if there's anybody that can give me a good reason why Lebron would be better

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 12:00 AM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

I don't know about that. Lebron might have gotten off to a better start than Kobe(career wise in terms of numbers), but he doesn't strike me as someone who will be playing at a high level in their late 30's. Kobe is a pure a shooter as they come, but he could easily be driving the lane as frequently as Lebron does, but someone who plays like that, someone who relies so heavily on their athleticism wont last as long.

I think in Kobe's case, some significant career records will fall, at the pace he is going, if he's able to play until he's 38, considering he's only 29 and the way he plays then sky's the limit.

I hope Lebron is able to improve his jump shot, because right now he is not a shooter, he's a scorer.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 12:21 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vandalworks

i'm a bit of a sceptic anyway, but i dont think lebron is going to be the person people want as in a new michael jordan style posterchild. hes an amazing player, and yes, has all the potential in the world. but theres things lacking there that needs a lot of work.

kobe, is easily better, considering hes the best player in the nba at this present time. i'd even put kevin garnett above lebron. if kg had a team like lebron has he would have taken the twolves further. as it is, look what hes done with the celtics.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 01:35 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

This shouldn't even be a debate. erm

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 11:10 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Kobe is better than Lebron now but you know if Lebron had Shaq 5 or 6 years ag at this stage in his career he would have won as well. He went to the finals last year with nobody really complimenting him that well.

Kobe wont win another one imo. The Spurs are way too much for the Lakers in a playoff series.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 06:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Originally posted by quanchi112
Kobe is better than Lebron now but you know if Lebron had Shaq 5 or 6 years ag at this stage in his career he would have won as well. He went to the finals last year with nobody really complimenting him that well.

Kobe wont win another one imo. The Spurs are way too much for the Lakers in a playoff series.

Yeah and if Kobe replaced Kerr on the Bulls he would have 3 more rings....

I don't see your point in mentioning that. Who is to say Lebron would have hittin' those game winners or been as clutch as Kobe. You just don't know. I think it shows how much of a hater someone is to say that in the first place. The fact of the matter is, Kobe won 3 rings and the Lakers wouldn't have won any without him. Lebron lead his team past the Nets, a Wizards team with Arenas and the Pistons, and when he finally ran into a West team, they got swept. Were not ignorant people here buddy, we know the West is far superior to the East. The Lakers have had to play the Suns these past two seasons, and when the Cavs ran into a team of that calibur, they got swept, it's not rocket science.

When Lebron is able to master a jumpshot that is as fluid as Kobe is, then we can put him into the discussion. But right now it's no question for me, Kobe is the best and most skilled player in the NBA.

Last edited by Lord Evolution on Mar 8th, 2008 at 06:45 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 06:43 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Kobe>LeBron yes

The sky is the limit for Kobe. He stays in great shape

Quan, Lakers have a better bench than the Spurs. Bynum comes back in April. If he's healthy, Lakers are goin to humble the Spurs

Pau, Bynum, Odom, Kobe and D Fish. Wat a starting five

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 07:10 AM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Plus, add to all that the fact that LeBron, until this year, never even wanted to take that last shot. He doesn't have the killer instinct Kobe has. Remember when Kobe was a rookie? In the play-offs against the Jazz, he took, and airballed, 2 3-pointers late in the game. For a rookie to have the balls to do that in the play-offs you just had to know that was one heartless muthaf**ka right there. Everyone knew he was destined to hit those shots in the future.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 08:20 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGame17

Originally posted by quanchi112

he's gonna run out of his athleticism eventually. i doubt his jump shot will be as good as Kobe's later on.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 07:06 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Plus, add to all that the fact that LeBron, until this year, never even wanted to take that last shot. He doesn't have the killer instinct Kobe has. Remember when Kobe was a rookie? In the play-offs against the Jazz, he took, and airballed, 2 3-pointers late in the game. For a rookie to have the balls to do that in the play-offs you just had to know that was one heartless muthaf**ka right there. Everyone knew he was destined to hit those shots in the future.

Until this year? Ever watch the playoffs?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

Anyways, I would put Lebron and Kobe at a even level right now. Kobe is more of a complete offensive player but Lebron has a more destructive offensive game as I've never seen players just give up when he's driving. If he works on his mid range and post up game like Jordan did, Lebron could score 100 in a game. Both are very good defenders. That was a weakness of Lebron season's prior, but now the dude is a beast and especially with his freak athleticism, he can easily shut down any guard or forward in the league.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Mar 9th, 2008 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 09:15 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

100 in a game? No way anyone's getting 80 again.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 03:38 PM
Darth Martin

You can argue that LeBron is the MVP of this year. yes And I will argue back in favor of Bryant. smile But in no way, shape, for or fashion is LeBron a better player than Kobe. Kobe is the best by far right now. Best baketball player on the planet.

Oh and the Lakers>Spurs erm

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 08:51 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote