KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Sam Wilson the new Captain America

Sam Wilson the new Captain America
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sam Wilson the new Captain America

As revealed tonight on "The Colbert Report," Sam Wilson, aka The Falcon, will be the all-new comic book Captain America

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/...captain_america

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 04:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 06:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

/thread

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 06:25 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

More gimmicks from Marvel, shocker.

I wish they'd just promote Patriot instead or something...

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 10:39 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Falcon makes sense in continuity....

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 12:03 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
More gimmicks from Marvel, shocker.

I wish they'd just promote Patriot instead or something...

I agree with this statement. Triathlete or whatever his name was would have been good as well.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 12:33 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by riv6672

Does it? Patriot just left the young avengers.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 12:49 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I didn't even know there was something going on with Steve's SS serum.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:30 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

This is actually reasonable and has history. Not the first time someone else took up the mantle.

The thor change is just silly.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:49 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yea it does, but do you think they're doing it because it makes sense or because it's PC?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:58 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

PC, definetly PC

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 05:41 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not really a surprise...

rogers will be back prolly 14-18 months

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 06:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Lame, pointless idea.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 11:25 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by krisblaze
Does it? Patriot just left the young avengers.

It makes sense to me.
Steve and Sam have been friends and on/off partners for years.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 12:12 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Deadline
Yea it does, but do you think they're doing it because it makes sense or because it's PC?

Oddly enough, even though i'm black, i dont think in those terms. I just like entertaining stories. I figure the PC police will cover that particular angle...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 12:15 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I think it's a two birds with one stone type deal. It makes sense AND it's PC. But I have no real problem with it. Sam Wilson deserves to finally get some shine.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 09:24 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I think it's a two birds with one stone type deal. It makes sense AND it's PC. But I have no real problem with it. Sam Wilson deserves to finally get some shine.

I'm getting pretty ****ing tired of all the identity-swapping going on between characters in the past ten years or so. It comes across as gimmicky and lazy. He looks like lame ass Battlestar.

Why not let Sam Wilson shine under his own identity as the Falcon? Let him prove he's a great leader as well, not just flying cannon fodder. His time as a less-effective Captain America will be swept under the rug and forgotten just as soon as Steve Rogers returns.

Furthermore, why can't the Avengers function without a Captain America on their roster?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 05:18 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Furthermore, why can't the Avengers function without a Captain America on their roster?

Thats a whole different thing right there.
Me personally, i believe its a combination of in continuity and RL.
In continuity, Cap just makes the team better. He's the all star QB that makes a great team greater.
In RL he's a high profile Marvel character and the creative folks like him on the team to legitimize the line up.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 11:40 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Thats a whole different thing right there.
Me personally, i believe its a combination of in continuity and RL.
In continuity, Cap just makes the team better. He's the all star QB that makes a great team greater.
In RL he's a high profile Marvel character and the creative folks like him on the team to legitimize the line up.

I get what you're saying, but in continuity, it's Steve Rogers (as Captain America) who makes the team better, not just the presence of a Captain America. John Walker, Bucky, and the tomato can Captain Americas are proof enough of this.

Sam Wilson is already an Avenger, and now he has an opportunity to lead in Steve's absence... so what sense does it make for him to ditch his own identity and fighting style as the Falcon in favor of a new identity and using a weapon/fighting style combination in which he's not as capable?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 08:27 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Eternal Idol

Sam Wilson is already an Avenger, and now he has an opportunity to lead in Steve's absence... so what sense does it make for him to ditch his own identity and fighting style as the Falcon in favor of a new identity and using a weapon/fighting style combination in which he's not as capable?

Well Sam Wilson still has his Falcon wings + the Shield

so yeah not really ditching his fighting style more like combo the two

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 06:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote