KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Naga Sadow and Exar Kun vs. Yoda

Naga Sadow and Exar Kun vs. Yoda
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Naga Sadow and Exar Kun vs. Yoda

1. Force
2. Savers
3. All-out

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:16 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Jeez. Yoda gets dismantled. One of those would be more of a fair fight.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:17 AM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Team.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MS Warehouse

Yoda vs Sadow isn't fair...

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:19 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Well, there is that new quote suggesting PoD Bane > every Sith who came before him. So unless someone can refute that, logic dictates that someone like frigging Tenebrous is way better than peak Bane (hell his apprentice Venamis is probably Bane level or better), never mind Plagueis who would become much more powerful by his prime, never mind RotS Sidious, who Yoda stalemated. By all rights Yoda should absolutely demolish both Sith at the same time.

That is if the quote holds up and Baney Stu is better than all Sith who came before him. I've only seen this but haven't studied the source personally:

(please log in to view the image)

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:28 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

>More knowledge than any Sith before him.
>Only has Darth Revan's holocron.

Seems legit.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:08 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:21 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by AncientPower
>More knowledge than any Sith before him.
>Only has Darth Revan's holocron.

Seems legit.

No, he has Revan's holocron and the Korriban academy's archives.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:53 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
No, he has Revan's holocron and the Korriban academy's archives.
I found this way funnier than I should have. laughing out loud

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:53 AM
MS Warehouse

Did not know archives of Korriban and Revan's holocron> everything else the sith empires possessed. Sounds like a quote that doesn't equate to reality.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:56 AM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by ILS
I found this way funnier than I should have. laughing out loud

Kidding aside, I don't think just appeals to personal incredulity constitute enough grounds to dismiss a source on its face.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:59 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd like if someone could pull up the whole page where the quote comes from. Ant found it apparently and I've heard through the grapevine it's referring to PoD Bane. That said, Bane was a character before Drew wrote his god awful trilogy, so the fact file is probably referring to peak Bane regardless.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:01 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Bane as a character was only explored up to the PoD era by sources, though. The end of Bane of the Sith was basically the beginning of RoT, which takes place directly after PoD.

Last edited by SunRazer on May 24th, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:03 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Despite not being explored further at the time, he presumably went on to acquire the knowledge and power to justify the accolade though, surely? That's my take on it. And Drew just fills in the gaps years later.

Peak Bane > everyone before him.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:06 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, presumably he continued to grow in knowledge and power, but there was no exposition on him after that time until Karpyshyn came along with his sub-PoD quality novels RoT and DoE.

Regarding how Ant discovered the quote, I believe he later debunked it by saying that it was only referring to PoD Bane being better than all of the Sith of his time (ie. the context of the entire article/page(s) refers to the Sith of his time, not all time). I don't have the source on-hand to verify, though.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:08 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I suspected that might be the case, though the phrasing used doesn't indicate that. "anyone who had come before him" "change the Sith Order forever".

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:10 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

"Anyone who had come before him" [in recent times], perhaps? Changing the Sith Order forever refers to him implementing the Rule of Two, which was the most successful doctrine of Sith history and resulted in the creation of the most successful Sith Order in history.

Not that I should be complaining, since this can all be used to positively scale Sidious smile

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:12 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SunRazer
"Anyone who had come before him" [in recent times], perhaps? Changing the Sith Order forever refers to him implementing the Rule of Two, which was the most successful doctrine of Sith history and resulted in the creation of the most successful Sith Order in history.

Not that I should be complaining, since this can all be used to positively scale Sidious smile
Exactly. Bane started the greatest line of Sith, ever. Ties in with the theme of him being better than all those Sith who came before him.

yes

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:16 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@ILS - Well, if it was referring to recent history, that still works, given both the stupidity and the pathetic power levels of the Brotherhood of Darkness - by far the weakest Sith Order intellectually, philosophically and in the Force.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:17 PM
MS Warehouse

I imagine it refers to the POD in which case, makes total sense. Makes zero sense in any other context.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:18 PM