KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo software only.

Nintendo software only.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Nintendo software only.

If the NX fails, could they go software only?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 08:40 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They could afford a few losses. Not like they have Sony's or MS's overhead, they could keep losing money for awhile and be allright.

But if they re smart, they'd do it. Much, much more money to be made putting Mario on everyone elses platform.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 10:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VG_Addict

Would they really do better?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 11:02 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Man, you ask this question every few months it seems.

I don't understand how Nintendo is in a better position than MS and Sony for failure.

MS has other profit makers. There's something called Windows that seems to be all the rage these days. Also, let's not include their enterprise infrastructure, cloud business and software (Nintendo would probably kill hundreds for the profit MS Office suite produces. And don't forget the millions they get for support contracts.

Sony I have seen from articles is a bit more dire. They're movie and music business, hardware departments are not nearly producing the amount of profit it used too. The PS4 is their money maker.

Nintendo on the other hand has games and consoles. If one fails again, I don't know if they have ability to design another console if the previous two were duds.....

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 11:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure they do.

You know why Duke Nukem Forever took so long to make? Because they could afford to. 3d realms was sitting on a pile of money, and kept at their big sequel until the money ran out, many years later.

Nintendos in a similar position. They're sitting on more then enough money to keep going for a long time, even if met with failure after failure.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 01:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Nintendo's handhelds have outsold a lot of Sony and MS main consoles.

Let that sink in for a second.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:23 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Nintendo has been making profit as of late. They would rather make a lot more profit but for the last two years they stopped bleeding money.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:58 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Nintendo's handhelds have outsold a lot of Sony and MS main consoles.

Let that sink in for a second.

PSP and all six owners.

Vita, I don't even know someone who considered buying one.

Pretty much everybody has at least one Nintendo hand held, if they have any.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 10:10 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
PSP and all six owners.

Surprisingly, though, to this day, the 3DS still hasn't even come close to outselling the PSP.

I'm sure it will at some point, but it still hasn't as of today.

In fact, the only console to outsell the Nintendo DS was the PS2, which is the best-selling console of all time.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 10:15 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

PSP and all six owners.

Which is a shame, because the PS Vita is nowhere near a bad handheld, it surpasses the PSP in many ways, except for game library.

Some of the BEST PSP games will never see the light of day on the vita.

A sidenote, I do own a NDS, but it doesn't power on anymore.

R.I.P. Phantom Hourglass sad

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 10:17 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Surprisingly, though, to this day, the 3DS still hasn't even come close to outselling the PSP.

A huge part of that is the development of the mobile market, I'd argue that the PS Vita also took a hit because of that. Current handheld devices face stern competition from phones, so much that I fully expect the next generation of handhelds to be mostly compatible with Android game apps.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 06:30 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bentley
A huge part of that is the development of the mobile market, I'd argue that the PS Vita also took a hit because of that. Current handheld devices face stern competition from phones, so much that I fully expect the next generation of handhelds to be mostly compatible with Android game apps.
Well, the PSP ceased production in 2014, so there's that as well.

I doubt we can really count it as a fair fight during the first 5 years of the 3DS' life.

Regardless of the mobile market, the PSP was a massive commercial success for Sony, and practically all the games on it were PS2-quality games, in terms of Graphics AND Content.

Not arguing its better, but the PSP is a god compared to the PS Vita in terms of exclusives, because it had sooooo many ****ING games designed specifically for it as opposed to the VERY few Sony releases on the Vita, while the PSP was seen as a respectable high-end piece of hardware for its time that everyone wanted a piece of.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:43 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

All this talk of a psp had me check the prices..

Damn, they're pricy for an older system. 50-60 for refurbished-used. Was hoping to land a 20 dollar used system, but guess not..

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 06:06 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Checks old Game Boys for hell of it*

Oh, **** you retro freaks.

Gamestop and speculators has ruined retro gaming. The 5 dollar antique just doesn't exist anymore..

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 06:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Damn, they're pricy for an older system. 50-60 for refurbished-used. Was hoping to land a 20 dollar used system, but guess not..

That's actually cheap for that price.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 06:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
My Warrior of Light collectible costs more then that.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 07:02 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji

Af going rates, I suppose.

Going rates being gouged to hell thanks to greedy ebay and Amazon sellers.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 10:14 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Nintendo has been such a disappointment in the last five years to me.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 01:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I wish they would. All of their consoles post N64 have been mostly dog shit, but I like some of their first party titles.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 01:44 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Super Mario Maker is a fantastic game. The only reason why I bought a Wii U. I'm hoping they continue putting out more content because the game is certainly missing a fair bit of interesting things from the big collection of 2D Mario games.

It's actually one game I wish a big publishers like EA or Activision has because there is no way they wouldn't be doing massive DLC packs for it. And truthfully, I wish Nintendo does as well.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 04:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote