KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DoJ investigating Harvard over Affirmative Action policies

DoJ investigating Harvard over Affirmative Action policies
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

DoJ investigating Harvard over Affirmative Action policies

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/21/polit...ment/index.html

It must be legit since it's on the main page of CNN.

Asian Americans claim they've been discriminated against. What do you think? Double-standards finally exposed?

The school is being subpoenaed to surrender relevant documents by Dec 1.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 03:13 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Well, I'd be pissed if I didn't get a spot just because of affirmative action. I'd also be pissed if I got a spot over someone who is better just because I'm Hispanic. I believe in being rewarded for your own merit and hard work, rather than because they had to fill a quota. That's just me though.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 03:25 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

YAY

I hope affirmative action gets overturned as a whole since it's a racially discriminatory piece of shit practice.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:05 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
Well, I'd be pissed if I didn't get a spot just because of affirmative action. I'd also be pissed if I got a spot over someone who is better just because I'm Hispanic. I believe in being rewarded for your own merit and hard work, rather than because they had to fill a quota. That's just me though.

Interesting and fair perspective.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:15 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I like to be fair as much as possible. There's obviously going to be some advantages/disadvantages depending on circumstances, but I believe the hard-work/best results should be rewarded always.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:17 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

So are they just going to cross reference applications/test scores over who got accepted to figure this out?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:20 PM
dadudemon

I like to be fair as much as possible. There's obviously going to be some advantages/disadvantages depending on circumstances, but I believe the hard-work/best results should be rewarded always.

Your personal ethics/ideologies are, at least, consistent across topics which makes it easier to discuss these things.

We need another thread on prisons in the US, I think. You'd have a much different perspective than me, for sure.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by dadudemon
Your personal ethics/ideologies are, at least, consistent across topics which makes it easier to discuss these things.

We need another thread on prisons in the US, I think. You'd have a much different perspective than me, for sure.

Everyone is susceptible to hypocrisy but I try to be level across the board.

Prisons in the U.S.? That's a pretty vague subject. Are we talking about unpaid labor like Rocky brought up in another thread or racial bias?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

If Asians feel they've been discriminated against in Harvard due to being Asian, they should just transfer to Berkeley University. It's a boon there.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ I believe it's because they weren't minority enough for affirmative action to work in their favor since that's a thing now I guess. It's a legit complaint imo if their scores were better than the people admitted over them.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:20 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It's a legit complaint for anyone being discriminated against by these policies. It's disgusting.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:22 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Yeah, that's what I was saying

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:24 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Fair enough, was just clarifying for all of the apologists for this type of racism.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:27 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder what will happen in 50 years when whites are the minority...

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:29 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Then you can have a NAAWP.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:31 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

No we won't, there'll still be complaints about institutional racism and shit and expectations of people to apologize for their white guilt.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:32 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

You'll have a 400 year waiting period I guess to make up for the invasion of the Native American lands to now.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus remember Hitler was also white. So there is a lot of healing for us to do.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^ I believe it's because they weren't minority enough for affirmative action to work in their favor since that's a thing now I guess. It's a legit complaint imo if their scores were better than the people admitted over them.

Affirmative action is good in theory, but poor in practice. As we had more qualified people left on the curb and positions filled by the less qualified and when it comes to jobs like the Police, Fire, Medical Emergency etc., you want the most qualified, regardless of their skin color.

But is Asians were not "minority enough", meaning there was no clear discrimination against them in the amount of courses/classes, then what exactly is there to be upset over.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote