KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...

The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

I think you'll find that most people agree with me. And it's not MY theory. I got it from Jedinet. Until the i'd never even thought about this.

But after hearing the "he was too tired" explanation and the "it was too dangerous" one, there is only ONE explanation as far as I'm concerned. It's the only one that makes sense and MOST topics about this on other boards say the same. You and Yerssot are the only two people I've ever seen who has a problem with it.

I'm not trying to convince you I'm right. Beleive what you like. But don't try and pick holes in it and say it's "entirley unconvincing" when it is.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 06:16 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, I think you won't find most people agree with you. I think you will find most people don't care, and those that do will find little to chose between the two.

It is your arguments that are unconvincing, not the theory itself. The idea that he was asking to be killed my Maul if he ran in there simply does not scan.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

look at OB1's face when he hangs on the walkway when he pulls himself back on it, you get a close-up of his face, and he is swetting... maybe an indication that he is tired?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 10:17 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And in any case, if speeding out of the gate walkway was too dangerous, what about speeding INTO it? Why did he not speed down half or three quarters of it? He only needed to be a split second faster and he would have been through, and there is no threat from Maul and the it INSIDE the corridor, and he would have been too fast for the gates to be a problem!

No. He COULD not do it. That is the only feasible reason for him not to have done it; not any danger invovled.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Listen, believe what you like. I know I'm right and so do all the other people from other boards who say the EXACT same thing. If you think there was "no danger" then you need you're head read and I can't help with that. Sorry.

And since you've got rediculous with "it's your arguments that unconvincing, not the theory itself" (which is the same thing) I've decided to leave this one. So find someone else to argue with. I'm off to force-speed my way through energy doors! big grin

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 08:01 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

KJ, you gave your evidence why your theory was correct, we posted stuff that explained all those stuff. Leaving nothing behind I think, and than you have the theory that I accept that comes from the second best official source: sw.com......

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 08:18 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

No. There is STILL only one explanation.

But I don't want to talk about this anymore. big grin

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 08:21 PM
yerssot

ofcourse there is only one and only one explanation that is correct, which one? A third perhaps?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 08:26 PM
Ratcat

Okay, so we now seem to have de-generated to cat fighting over different answers.

I started this one and so I'm fishing it.

Thank you all for your input, it was all gratefully recieved.

Whizz, bang, whoosh and we're outta here!!!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote