KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » aggresion and Sidious

aggresion and Sidious
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

Because it doesn't make any sense. That way you could sit on one side of the Galaxy and kill you're enemies on another side of the Galaxy. The Jedi and Sith aren't Gods.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:02 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

YOU think that. The Sith wont kill innocent people: that's less people they can be the boss of.
The Jedi only use the Force for defence.
The Jedi can't be choked because they have the Force-reflect. (but that is eu)

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:30 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I agree.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

???
You agree: ok, but with who?
With King Jedi?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:37 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

With KJ, of course. It is only common sense to assume that proximity is an important factor.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

And why is that?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because otherwise it leads to a patently ridiculous situation.

Why the heck do they need to SEE people on a vidscreen, with your theory? Can't they just use the FOrce to 'feel' where they are? WOW! Now they can kill anyone they like, at any time, at any distance!!!!

Nonsense.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:45 PM
yerssot

The vidscreen was before my "theory". Mind you that even the sith wouldn't kill everybody;remember Maul on Naboo? He could choke everybody, that is the rebel-group of the queen AND 2 jedi

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:49 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am not entirely sure where you are going with this (other than to prove that there are indeed serious limits on Force Power...)

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:50 PM
yerssot

I'm trying to find a solution to my question. If there is a place, there is the Force, just check ESB with Luke and Yoda.
So if there is a Force and you know where someone is, there is a VERY GOOD shot at it that you can choke him

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, that is false extrapolation. The presented scenario is that a Jedi has to be PRESENT to be able to command the Force.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 08:16 PM
yerssot

There isn't a limit of distance, where there is a jedi and the force that's all he needs

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 08:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You ASSUME that. Therte is no evidence for it, common sense contradicts it. It is a silly notion.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 08:47 PM
KJ
Sausages

I agree.

(Ush something strange is going on. We're agreeing with each other) eek!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 08:57 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Ush, you ASSUME that it isn't according to common sense. Remember that the Sith were extinct for over a millenia. So they didn't used the Force (at least not much), otherwhise the stunted slimeball was history

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:02 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is the third time someone has said that to me; Jameous and yerssot preceed you... it's almost as if people I think I argue with people just for the heck if it... I do BELIEVE what I say, you know...

To quote Q (who I am clearly as evolved and intelligent as), 'Heavy is the burden of being me...'

And back to serious land... does anyone actually agree with Yerssot here?

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:03 PM
yerssot

Please Ush, stay on topic because I really want to know why he didn't choked him, what did the cd-rom or what it was from insiders said?

How many doesn't count, remember "The Force is strong with this one"???? You and I were the only one with a different opinion

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yerssot, it is NOT your job to decide when something is on or off topic. Not only did I simply reply to KJ I also brought this straight back on-topic.

And I was seriously trying to find some people with opinions who agreed with you. It was in no way an attempt to just try and weigh numbers on each side.

Meanwhile, I repeat that we have nothing to make us think that Jedi can use the Force in any capacity other than being local, and plenty to think that they CAN'T.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:13 PM
yerssot

I got a bit carried away I think.
And for the record: I don't argue for the heck of it (that is if someone would accuse me), I have the same reason as you: I believe what I say

But I don't understand why they can't; every needed thing is there. You say you can think of many reason why they can't, I'm terribly sorry, but I can't think of one.
That you can choke a guy for fun, doesn't make any sence, even for a Sith; that's a person less that makes money, and money is power

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am sure Vader would tell you that the aura of fear he creates by such off-hand killing creates an efficiency far more valuable than a few dead officers.

What we have to think that they can';t is common sense, the fact that they have never done it (when it would have been TREMENDOUSLY useful for them to have done so!) and the unused script extract from TPM which pretty much states that Jedi cannot do it.

With that against you, you will need some proof for your arguments. WHich you will not get.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:25 PM