KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » aggresion and Sidious

aggresion and Sidious
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

perhaps choking was vaders trick and the lightning Palpatines trick

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 11:34 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I am sure that Palpatine could choke someone. Afterall, Vader had to learn it from someone.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:03 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Yerrsot you're wrong. At the start of TPM it's Sidious who tells the TF to kill the Jedi. He knows exactly where they are. Why didn't he kill them himself?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 03:00 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I really don't think yerssot is worried about the logic of the situation. The whole idea is so patently absurd, after all...

yerssot, based on the idea that such powerful use of the Force would be VERY useful and there are all sorts of situations where Jedi in the films WOULD have done if they COULD (and may I remind you that if you can use the Force to remotely kill you should be able to use the Force to remotely SENSE as well, meaning you could find them to koll them anyway in your theory), can you explain why this hasn't been done?

This thread is still on deathwatch, by the way.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

But not yet burried.
Kj you're right about that, but he only knew they were on the ship not were they were exactly.

The ability the choke someone that is far away and the ability to sense someone aren't connected.
Knowing one is on a certain planet isn't enough, you need to know where he is exactly, I'm talking here with a distance of 1 metre or less, not 1 kilometre.

Ush;there were some examples already in this thread and I gave an answer that no-one disagreed with, I mean the explanation was in the lines that I gave

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 08:55 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I see no credible examples, yerssor, Make them again if you must.
And if you can kill remotely why not accurately sense remotely as well? As you point out, the Force is EVERYWHERE. It should be able toi give exact location., AFter all, Vader has no eyes, he senses only with the FOrce. He never sees his targets.

No, your theoty is nonsense Force manipulation is a local phenomenon. If you want an excuse, perhaps it just can't hear you unless you are close.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Vader can see! If you look in ROTJ, you see his eyes aren't burnt or anything.

For the other point, it is quite easily to explain that, why did Vader had to follow Leia in ANH? He didn't know where the rebels were. So even if the Force is everywhere, you don't know where everybody is. That's the reason why they don't do it in every 5 seconds.

There were 2 chokes till now. One time Motti, Vader was 5 cm away from him, and another officer were Vader had visual contact so he saw where the other was

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 09:17 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I hate to tell you this, Yerssot, buit there are NO holes in that mask...

Hence Vader's line:

"Let me see you with my OWN eyes' to Luke. He had never actually SEEN his son!

Right, if you can't use the Force to sense people emotely you can't use to to kil people re otely. As simple as that!

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 09:34 PM
yerssot

I hate to tell you this
Yeah right!!

That was intended as: let me see you as Annakin, not Darth Vader. Believe me he could see.

And your last sentence: that is what I'm saying, I said that they can do that, but it is so difficult they don't do it that often.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 09:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But he was LOOKING at him as Anakin when he says it.

"Your eyes can decieve you; don;t trust them..."

Vader has been taught this. He is beyonfd biology anyway. He is clearly presented as blind. There are NO holes in that mask!

Ok, so we have established that this does not happen. I submit that it is an impssible thing that you suggest.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 09:50 PM
yerssot

"Let me see you with my OWN eyes' to Luke. He had never actually SEEN his son!

I thought that was when his mask was still one, with Luke than replying: But you'll die and Vader: Nothing can prevent that, and than Luke takes of the mask.

I don't know how you say it in English, but is it tinted? You know, a car with black windows but the guy inside the car can still see outside.

What do you mean with your eyes can decieve you ... ?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 09:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a quote from Obi-Wan, Anakin's old Master.

Yes, his mask was still on, but he was Anakin by that point. He wanted to use his eyes normally.

No, it is not a tinted visor; the grease on it shows it as solid.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 10:00 PM
yerssot

I know the quote comes from Obi, I wanted to know what you used it for.
He was at that point redeeming himself, taking away the mask was the final step, with death as a result, taking away the mask speeded it up.

How do you mean grease? The definition of that word that I know is oil, was there oil in his mask??

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 08:22 AM
KJ
Sausages

quote:
Kj you're right about that, but he only knew they were on the ship not were they were exactly

So, again you're saying that it's impossible to choke someone from the other side of the Galaxy because you need to know exactly where they are?

Ush I don't know where you got the idea that Anakin is blind from but it's not right. When he takes off the mask he can clearly see. So why would he not be able to see through the mask?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 12:33 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Yes, that is correct.
For that reason they don't do it

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 02:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He just doesn't use his eyes, is all. He uses the Force instead. The mask is solid, and that is what the 'own eyes' line means!

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 05:25 PM
yerssot

Can you now explain wath you meant with grease??????????

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 05:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You can often see grease smeared acorss his helmet, especially the eyepieces. It betrays it as solid.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 06:25 PM
yerssot

What are you for someone??? You notice things other doesn't in 50 years!

The grease can be for his helmet so his skin doesn't ich, there are millions of reasons for that.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 06:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He puts grease on thr outside of his helmet do the skin doesn't itch... hmmm...

Look, it doiesn't matter WHY the grease is there. It just shows that the helmet is solid, is all, hence Vader can't see through it.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2001 07:03 PM