KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?

whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
clearlyblonde

haha ohh, okay then. im a bit embarrassed now. Sorry then.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 07:19 AM
clearlyblonde is currently offline Click here to Send clearlyblonde a Private Message Find more posts by clearlyblonde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by clearlyblonde

No problem.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 08:16 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Originally posted by clearlyblonde

hence your namewink

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 03:03 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clearlyblonde

yeah.. lol well at least i can admit it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 09:44 PM
clearlyblonde is currently offline Click here to Send clearlyblonde a Private Message Find more posts by clearlyblonde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

i know why the caged bird sings, no argument

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 01:43 AM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

Have you read books other than comic books and the latest movie novelisation? Catcher In The Rye captures a period in life, a time and a person so utterly perfectly. However, there aren't any dragon's lances in it, so maybe it's time for Salinger to do a re-draft.
One, I've never touched a comic book or movie novelisation. Two, I don't only read Dragonlance. Three, the way he wrote it was just not to my taste. Too much redudency which drove me nuts. But then again I was never a fan of first person point of view but I think it just goes beyond that for me.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 05:48 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
roll eyes (sarcastic) You are out of your damned mind.
(Not double posting on purpose, just carrying stuff over from the next page of the last quote) I get that a lot and I can't understand why people like it so much.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 05:54 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by The Phantom
One, I've never touched a comic book or movie novelisation. Two, I don't only read Dragonlance. Three, the way he wrote it was just not to my taste. Too much redudency which drove me nuts. But then again I was never a fan of first person point of view but I think it just goes beyond that for me.

One, two and three? Wow, you can count like the wind can whistle!

Yeah, I can understand that if you don't like first-person narratives then you're going to find Catcher in the Rye a little contrary. However, the nature of this style means that there isn't really any redundancy as it's all part of what makes the whole(den) Caulfield.

Yeah, I like what I did there, too.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 12:20 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

One, two and three? Wow, you can count like the wind can whistle!

Yeah, I can understand that if you don't like first-person narratives then you're going to find Catcher in the Rye a little contrary. However, the nature of this style means that there isn't really any redundancy as it's all part of what makes the whole(den) Caulfield.

Yeah, I like what I did there, too.
Hehehe. Someones enjoying trying to get on my badside. (Ain't working.) I meant to say repetetive anyway. He says things over and over again, it's annoying. Also with they way he describes things. Wasn't my style on reading.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 10:20 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Ooo-goo-gee-choo, the style is a reflection of reality; we all have idiosyncratic language.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 12:32 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Ooo-goo-gee-choo, the style is a reflection of reality; we all have idiosyncratic language.
All right, I just don't like it.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 04:54 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by The Phantom
All right, I just don't like it.

I realise that, I'm just correcting you so that you become a better person.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 06:07 AM
manorastroman

i read catcher in the rye just after my angsty phase, so a lot of it struck me as...well...silly, i guess. i feel like holden caulfield's problems can be summed up like so: they're such phonies, it KILLS me.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 09:55 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Are you saying that you can only like a book if your feelings are synonymously empathetic with the main character's?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:36 AM
manorastroman

are you saying you're abnormally defensive about a novel generally accepted to be directed at a specific age group?

no. but the idiot immaturity of holden caulfield goes beyond the pale. i can't even sympathize with him.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 01:01 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I liked Nine Stories.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 01:03 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

hey man...me too. meeeeee too.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 02:04 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by manorastroman
are you saying you're abnormally defensive about a novel generally accepted to be directed at a specific age group?

Yes.

no. but the idiot immaturity of holden caulfield goes beyond the pale. i can't even sympathize with him.

You are.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 02:51 PM
manorastroman

i guess we could just listen to the smiths and talk about old girlfriends that broke our hearts.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 06:39 AM
Bardock42

i guess we could just listen to the smiths and talk about old girlfriends that broke our hearts.

Doing one of two right now.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 11:49 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote