KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?

whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

Yes, yes, Catcher in the Rye = good. Not bad. Good.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 11:14 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's only a page-turner if you can't wait to read more crap.

That's a typical complaint heard from Dan Brown haters. Lots of people consider his books as crap - I don't mind - but when you ask them why, they can't really answer.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 11:46 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
That's a typical complaint heard from Dan Brown haters. Lots of people consider his books as crap - I don't mind - but when you ask them why, they can't really answer.

I've already stated why he is crap...He's crap because he is crap.

If you really need details then he writes with the reading level of a 12 year old (dog) in mind, his characters are drawn from cardboard, his grasp of literary techniques such as the internal monologue is akin to a blind dog (Brown) chasing a mouse with the IQ of Stephen Hawkings, and his narratives are desperately formulaic.

Need more or can you swim without arm-bands now?

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Last edited by Ya Krunk'd Floo on Jan 4th, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 12:27 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

Originally posted by Bardock42
I hate you. (I also doubt you can actually read)

I can't read, thanks jerk.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 01:10 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by el_barto
I can't read, thanks jerk.

Calling me jerk for telling the truth, will ya?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 01:28 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I've already stated why he is crap...He's crap because he is crap.

You should write book reviews.
quote:
If you really need details then he writes with the reading level of a 12 year old (dog) in mind, his characters are drawn from cardboard, his grasp of literary techniques such as the internal monologue is akin to a blind dog (Brown) chasing a mouse with the IQ of Stephen Hawkings, and his narratives are desperately formulaic.

You're really exaggerating, but to each his own.
quote:
Need more or can you swim without arm-bands now?

Drop the attitude.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 02:04 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by The Phantom
In school we were forced to read The Catcher in the Rye. I dunno why people think it is a good book. Twas the worst i've read.

roll eyes (sarcastic) You are out of your damned mind.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 10:09 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

here is why dan brown is crap: "they took him to a mysterious hangar. inside was a mysterious black jet. he got in the black jet."

his writing is inexcusably idiotic.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 12:18 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by manorastroman
here is why dan brown is crap: "they took him to a mysterious hangar. inside was a mysterious black jet. he got in the black jet."

I think i can write like that. Let me try.

He went to the pool house. The door was open. He went into the pool house. In the pool house the light was off. He turned the light on. The lights went on. He sat on the sofa. The sofa was red. Was Jesus really the sister of Buddha. He couldn't believe what he had just learned.

I think I'm onto something.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 12:22 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

You should write book reviews.

You're really exaggerating, but to each his own.

Drop the attitude.

That would be fun as long as I don't have to read crap books by crap authors. Like Dan Brown.

I'm not, but you're right about it's your choice to read crap books if you want.

Ain't no attitude, sistah. Dis is how it is.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 12:41 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'm not, but you're right about it's your choice to read crap books if you want.

Crap books like Dan Brown writes them?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 12:43 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Crap books like Dan Brown writes them?

Bingo.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 01:31 AM
Blue_Hefner

Sounds like Ernest Hemingway

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 10:48 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Sounds like Ernest Hemingway

philistine!!! hemingway has penned some o. henry worthy stories, such as the battler, a clean well lighted place, and the short happy life of francis maccomber.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 08:09 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clearlyblonde

Okay, so your saying that a person who is rich, has his own jet is far fetched? Everyone knows that no one in the world can possibly have their own jet. Although people can write about witches and aliens and so on. What about JK Rowlings book, why don't you go on complaining about how unrealistic they are (nothing against Rowling, her books are good). Why cant Dan Brown write about something that may give a twist to the story. As long as it was a jet and not an unidentified space craft, i think its just fine.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 08:51 PM
clearlyblonde is currently offline Click here to Send clearlyblonde a Private Message Find more posts by clearlyblonde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by clearlyblonde
Okay, so your saying that a person who is rich, has his own jet is far fetched? Everyone knows that no one in the world can possibly have their own jet. Although people can write about witches and aliens and so on. What about JK Rowlings book, why don't you go on complaining about how unrealistic they are (nothing against Rowling, her books are good). Why cant Dan Brown write about something that may give a twist to the story. As long as it was a jet and not an unidentified space craft, i think its just fine.

It's not about the jet, it's about the way Brown describes it.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 09:22 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Ahhhahahahahahahahaha!

You're well suited to liking Dan Brown's books.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 10:19 PM
Bardock42

You are funny.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 10:53 PM
SkinWalker

It's not about the jet, it's about the way Brown describes it.

yeah. you got what he meant totally wrong. o.o

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 11:15 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Mansfield Park, without doubt.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 02:36 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote