KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Started by: SlayerChick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh i mistaked this for the alexander thread big grin

I would have said SkyCaptain.com roll eyes (sarcastic)

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 07:17 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
caballera

lol! i got what you meant, though. smile

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 07:18 PM
caballera is currently offline Click here to Send caballera a Private Message Find more posts by caballera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

bump to see if anyone knows if Lawrance Olivier is really in this?!?!?!?!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 04:09 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Sky Captain tv ads

I saw one last night and it was awesome. Anyone else see it? Thoughts?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:53 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The ads are interesting but the premise of the film seems too dated to make for a successful summer movie. The whole 50's Sci Fi gimmick worked back then for a reason.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:05 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im not liking the whole look of this film.Its creative and something different but I dont think there gonna pull it off.

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:10 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I think it's going to do good only because of the look of the film. If it had just been done as a regularly shot film, it wouldn't get good reviews, but for some reason I think the critics are gonna give it good reviews because of its look. Not saying I think it'll be good, but the critics will.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 09:23 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I look forwards to anything with Angelina Jolie in.

Saw a trailer for this months ago, looks fun.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 09:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

The whole reason I want to see this is because it looks different than anything else that has come out in a while. I'm just in the mood for a change.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:15 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

the only thing is, people bashed movies like the Star Wars prequels and the Matrix Sequels because all they had was basically blue/green screen, even though they had quite a few sets and actual models built for both movies. Sky Captain is all blue screen, nothing is real except the actors, yet it is getting praised for it. It just shows how much of a double standard there is with critics. If they want to bash a movie, they'll bash it no matter what, if they want to love it, they'll love it no matter what, half the time they don't review films based on what they saw and how good the film was.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 08:31 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Thread merged.

I cant wait for this movie! eek! Angelina Looks stnning in it, as always! happy

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 08:35 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

It will either be very awesome or suck really bad.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 08:55 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Angelina does look stunning, meow.. i'm goign with very awesome on this one

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 09:03 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

i think and know this movie will be a huge flop , the plot wasnt clear in the trailer . And now that i know alittle about it , i think its going to be something similar to battle field earth.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 06:01 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

maybe we saw different trailers, but i thought it made sense. May not be the movie of the year, but i'm def goign to check it out. I'm pretty sure it'll beat the pants off battlefield earth(i love how everyone references this movie as the worst movie ever)

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 12:48 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy Day
Im not liking the whole look of this film.Its creative and something different but I dont think there gonna pull it off.

Why don't you think they are going to pull it off?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 03:01 PM
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

im just gonna go sewe this movie cuz jude law is an amazing actor

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:28 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

It looks interesting, and I do like the 50's sci-fi theme ^_^

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 08:20 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Did anyone else see those cool new TV spots over the weekend? I like the whole man vs. machine thing.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 05:22 PM
Mr Parker

I am defenetely looking forward to this movie.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 05:30 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote