KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA Championship

who will be the nba champion
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Pacers 2 12.50%
Timberwolves 3 18.75%
Nets 1 6.25%
Kings 0 0%
Lakers 6 37.50%
Pistons 3 18.75%
Spurs 1 6.25%
Heat 0 0%
Nuggest 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NBA Championship
Started by: justinday15

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

ok, i know that statement wasn't directed at me but i'll just say this...in a lot of people's defense.

Call me cocky all you want, but the plain and simple truth is....The Lakers are going to win the championship. I've said it from the begining of the season, and i'm not changing my vote now. I was a fan in the 80's...and stuck with them through the Vlade, Cedric Ceballos, Eddie Jones years. The Lakers sucked in the 90's....just like they'll probably suck a couple of years from now. But that doesn't change things right now.

We beat the Spurs and the Timberwolves....do you really expect me to be shaking in my boots at the thought of Detroit?

As for the Yankee's comments. Well, the Lakers haven't exceeded the salary cap. Atleast not as bad as some teams in the NBA. They don't pay top dollar for the best athletes.....the best athletes take a pay cut to be in Los Angeles. You guys just hate the Lakers because they play for the championships....not for the paycheck.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 02:28 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Oh, Laker fans are so cocky...what's gunna happen when Shaq, Malone, Payton, and Phil Jackson retire?

it most likely wont happen next year, but it is still inevitable. its just a matter of time, and patience. when that day comes, i will laugh and be merry.

In my opinion, the last great Laker teams were the '88 and '89 Lakers.

the 1st part of this quote this sounds very familar,and the lakers werent that great in 89 in fact they didnt even when a championship they lost to the pistons

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 04:58 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious

We beat the Spurs and the Timberwolves....do you really expect me to be shaking in my boots at the thought of Detroit?

You guys just hate the Lakers because they play for the championships....not for the paycheck.

hell yeah i expect you to be shaking in your boots...ok maybe not...but i'm gonna say this...if anything the t-wolves proved last night the lakers arent invinceable....they almost pulled that game out if it wasnt for kareem rush and you can say what you want but you know the lakers didnt want to play a game 7 in minnesota

every player plays for the championship...i hate the lakers coz of there fans (not you your not the stereotypical laker fan) and i hate the way they ***** and cry when they lose....and i hate the way theres always some stupid ass drama on the team

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 05:08 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

I think Lakers fans do so much b!tching and whining because they've seen this new Lakers team play good a couple of games this season and that's it.

We really haven't seen the Lakers play good basketball since that big win streak they had when they stomped on Sacramento. The rest of the time, they've kinda played down to the other teams levels.

that and Shaq just plain sucks at free throws.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 05:19 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

well i'm not just talkin about the fans the players do there share of bitching and whining too

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 05:32 PM
Linkalicious

Nothing like Karl jawing at the ref.

Or D-Fish sitting there with his goofy little head band and both hands on his hips.

Better yet...Devon George's constant b!tching on every call.

Man i know exactly what you're talking about, it takes a lot to love the Lakers.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 06:38 PM
wuTa

and kobe is starting to ***** more too he had alot of Technicals in that minnesota series and thats not normally his style........good its not just me that hates how fischer wears that goofy head band...have you ever noticed how he wears it over his ears..what the hell.....is he cold

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 07:44 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
the 1st part of this quote this sounds very familar,and the lakers werent that great in 89 in fact they didnt even when a championship they lost to the pistons

my fault. i was in class and typing too quickly. i meant '86-'88 Lakers. The one that won back-to-back-to-back championships. Great team. since then, all downhill ''*in my opinion*''.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 09:24 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I can't stand the Lakers for several reasons. The fans (not you Link as wuTa said) and the players.

I hate the celeb fans in LA. You know, the ones that show up when the Lakers are on a role and they leave the games early if the score has more of a differential than 8. True fans want to watch basketball, these cocks are there just for the glory of things. If you just care about the score, check them on the net and don't even bother to watch.

I hate the bandwagon fans. Its one thing to like the Lakers because you are from the area or some other reasons like you've always been a huge fan of some of the players. But too many people around the country like the Lakers just because they win. They later say they like the team because of the players which is often untrue, they developed to like the players because of the jersey they are in. So many people who have always hated Malone have now started acting like they have always liked him, BULLSHIT! This doesn't apply to you Link, because you are a pure Laker fan that has rooted them through anything because they are your team. Malone is now part of your home team and thats understandable. Even through the bad times though, there is still bad Laker fans (which I know goes for every team but Laker fans take it to an extreme). Through the bad times, we'll still see all the vintage shit so people can see that their team was one of the greatest even though they only liked that team in the first place because they jumped on the bandwagon. Year's from now when the Lakers are losing we're still going to see people here in Oregon wearing O'Neal jerseys so they can feel cool because their team won, even though the only reason they were 'their' team is because they won.

O'Neal: I hate this fat f*ck. I'm sorry, but its the way he handles the media. I don't like the way he bangs around with his elbows and his grab the ball then do a jump stop (traveling), but thats not his fault, thats the refs. If he can get away with it, why not use it, right? But during his interviews he always has something to say that is completely unnecessary. I remember a couple years back against the Kings when they interviewed him he said something to the extent of "Well... I was watching TV while taking a shit when I realized that Adelman's team can't beat us." Plus there is the whole bitching back and forth through the media with Kobe.

Kobe: He's a cocky little whiner who cheats on his wife (and is a possible rapist but probably not). He's always whined about Shaq and now Phil. The cheating thing just made me dislike him more (in the top 5 most annoying things in OTF you can see that I don't like these types of people).

Fisher: I know you think I may have been just mad because of his shot against the Spurs, but I have always disliked him because of his cockiness. I seriously think he is way too cocky for his skill levels in the NBA.

Kareem Rush: DAMN HIM TO HELL! No just kidding, he's pretty cool but why'd he have to do good this time.

Luke Walton: Bill Walton's son. Bill is the ultimate anti-Blazer even though he led them to a championship and that makes me dislike him. He disses my team damnit.

Payton/Malone: Payton's got a mouth and I've always thought of Malone as dirty. I don't hate either player but I'm not necessarily a fan either. It just kind of irritating that they jumped on the Lakers bandwagon as players. I know they took pay cuts and blah blah blah, but when you are as rich as them, it doesn't really matter and greed doesn't just involve money. These guys are just greedy and I feel Malone sold out to the Jazz fans. Payton had problems with his former teams so I don't blame him as much. This is another reason why Reggie Miller is so awesome. He stuck with his team through the tough times of rebuilding and really shows his leadership by stepping aside to led his team develop.

Those are just a few reasons.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 09:33 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

^ Agreed. you put into words what i could not.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 09:51 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i agree with what myth said with about eveything but kobe being cocky....when your that good your allowed to be at least a lil cocky....jordan was cocky reggie was cocky even bird was cocky....the only player that i can think of that wasnt cocky that had the right to be was stockton

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:07 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Its more Kobe's whining than his cockiness. He is in a position to be cocky.

However, there's just something about when people are cocky (whether in a position to be or not) that pisses me off when they start to whine. Cocky whiners just bug me.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:30 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Well I'm cool with everything you guys have got to say...

I actually have always hated Karl Malone, but that's because he's the only great old school ball player left in the league and he wasn't on my team. The "cheap" elbows, hard picks, knees....they're all old school. This new age, dribble 30 times, throw 10 fakes and jump into a fade away crap isn't what the NBA is about. Karl Malone is what the NBA is about. He's tough as sh!t and won't take crap from anyone. And he's like the only one who can call 98% of the league "boy."

Someone like Kenyon Martin is a fake...and i can't stand that. Quite pulling your jersey and pounding your chest....you're still a Net.

Last edited by Linkalicious on Jun 1st, 2004 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:35 PM
wuTa

whats wrong with being a net?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:38 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

there's nothing wrong with being 2-time Eastern Conference Champion.

Kenyon Martin is...uhh..he's..um...energetic. he just likes to get hyped during a game and thats why he does all the chest pounding and monkey noises.

yea, thats it. ill go with that.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 11:21 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:

Someone like Kenyon Martin is a fake...and i can't stand that. Quite pulling your jersey and pounding your chest....you're still a Net.

laughing Kind of like Rider when he was on the Blazers. He did his whole pull the jersey to the side to show his nipple. He did it so often that they started giving him Ts for it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 12:25 AM
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
whats wrong with being a net?

I didn't mean it in a completely bad way. I just kinda said it to get that semi grin/smirk from some people. It worked with Myth.

He's actually pretty good, but he's done nothing so significant in his career to be making such a fuss.

Fisher's done more than him....and he's....well......Fisher.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 01:50 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
I didn't mean it in a completely bad way. I just kinda said it to get that semi grin/smirk from some people. It worked with Myth.

He's actually pretty good, but he's done nothing so significant in his career to be making such a fuss.

yes I kind of like Martin but I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is. Plus a little too much emotion which isn't necessarily bad.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 01:56 AM
Linkalicious

did the game rain out 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter or was the score really 69-65?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 02:48 AM
SeptemberRain
Killer

Pistons all the way! Go Detroit!

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 02:49 AM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote