KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Official Inter-House Challenge Thread

Official Inter-House Challenge Thread
Started by: Tassie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (79): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Well I say, if they read the rules it was up to two sigs, and if they only entered 1 then that's their problem - they should've entered another sig.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 04:37 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

RPhoe, i've PMed the rules to Rogue, so now i dont feel completely useless smile

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 04:39 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

idk if joy2dworld has pmed you tassie, but we wanted to submit barbossa'schild 's siggy as another entry for slytherin. she hasnt been on for awhile but if theres still time we'll get it to you asap

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 05:19 PM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

quote:
Originally posted by tassie
It was the Slytherins, btws

you have a fairly good point, but i'm not feeling to write long posts right now like i used to lol

it would be fair to give them an extra point, but the rules were clear that it wasn't absolutley necessary to submit two entries... after this challenge, we can start awarding points for no. of entries, but it would first have to be stated in the rules..

I thought that we all decided to submit 2 entry's, but perhaps I am wrong about this. Also, I think that I wasn't suppose to vote, seeing as the Headboy/girl were supposed to intervene, only when the Prefects have a dispute, ignore those scores for Huffelpuff, Ravenclaw and (did I do Gryffindor)??
Anyway, just ignore them.

We are still currently tallying up the scores so please be patient.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 09:12 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PearBearz #1
FrodozBabe/Tonita

ok lol*bes patient* lol sry im kinda bored.... lol stick out tongue

Exa Tassie Ying Sauron Eezy AD Aurora Alex LnM PipTook Pipfoot pipschick Trade Maika angelsflame Kit OYEA PirateGirly Smod Discos *G* PerfectlyNot silvertears steelyballs kitty29 Lf12 Orli'sElf7 m_ob NinjaBoy BlackOnyx §pearhead PEARBEAR!! smile

quote:
Originally posted by Vingilot
Toni and I are pimpettes, we can do what we want! smokin'

JoIn ThE PoKiNg PaRtYbig grin

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 01:48 AM
PearBearz #1 is currently offline Click here to Send PearBearz #1 a Private Message Find more posts by PearBearz #1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

haha calm urself toni lol.

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 07:39 PM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Orli'sElf, i've told BarbossasChild that it's way too late to submit anything now wink

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 07:43 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

And Toni, and OrlisElf, you both are in Slytherin?? If i gotta talk to you both again, Slytherin loses points... i'm fed up of saying "No unnecessary posts in this thread, save them for your common rooms".

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 07:45 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

quote:
Originally posted by Kitoky
You judged the wrong one.... sad

Roguepw did you see this?

confused

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 11:01 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Yes I did. I re-did it! Thanks for spotting that Kit!

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 02:09 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
myredmirage95
The Beat Box Badger

hey.. just peeked in to see if anyone knew when the results of the competition should be in... i think we're all getting a little antsy waiting lol... maybe the results could be posted in each common room... there's only 4

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 03:38 AM
myredmirage95 is currently offline Click here to Send myredmirage95 a Private Message Find more posts by myredmirage95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

~THE RESULTS ARE IN~
Thanks to you are who were patient, but now the results for the First Inter-House Challenge are finally in!

Okay, for each house, I tallied up the scores that were sent to be from each houses Prefects. I added the 2 entry's scores together and divided it by 15. The winner is:GRYFFINDOR!

Below are the scores:
FINAL SCORES
Huffelpuff #1 10.5+15+12+11+= 48.5
Huffelpuff #2- 5+13.5+12+13.3=43.8
92.3/15=6.15%

Slytherin #1-13+13+12+14.5= 52.5
52.5/15=3.5%

Ravenclaw #1-12.5+14+12+6=44.5
Ravenclaw #2-10+10+12+14=46
90.5/15=6.03%

Griffindor #1- 11.5+15+13+9=48.5=3.23
Gryffindor #2-10+14+13+12= 49=3.26
97.5/15=6.5%

RoguePw25-Headboy

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Last edited by RoguePw25 on Apr 20th, 2004 at 03:54 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 03:49 PM
Thorondor
Love?

*ahem* dissagrees with the final judging....my oppinion hufflepuff's sigs were better

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 03:57 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

I don't get how the scoring was done confused to me those figures appear as if the judges gave seperate total marks (out of 15) for each of the two sigs (totalling 30) each House (except Slytherin) submitted and that you added them together and then divided them by 15 - am I right or wrong?

EDIT - just read it again and yes you did indeed say you added up the seperate scores and then divide by 15 but my question now is how could you possibly have done that when I, the Gryffindor judge for that particular challenge, didn't submit two seperate total marks for each House set of entries? I was told to submit them already averaged and so I did which is why I don't see my marks there. That's alright I guess if one of the Heads intervened to save time and put in their own marks but I would have appreciated it if someone just asked me for the seperate marks then if that was what was needed especially after I asked if you wanted them in the PM I sent you Rogue. Oh well, whatever *shrug*.

Last edited by RebelPhoenix on Apr 20th, 2004 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:03 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

RebelPhoe, your scoring is up there. I took yours, the ones from Slytherin and the rest of the houses and added them together. Tassie PM'ed the scores updated and I took over from there.
You didn't have to submit 2 seperate scores for each sig. I believe u posted one for each so I just took that score and added it to the other sig.

I was tryng to work it all out, but people were telling me to get the scoring done .. so I did. Also, Slytherin only submitted 1 sig, but I still had to divide there total score by 15, which is why it is so low compared to those who submitted 2 entry's.

Our next challenge WILL BE much more organized and clear, but this was our first. I will check my Private Messages to see that I got the right scores from the housed Prefects who submitted the scores.

Joy2DaWorld, from Slytherin submitted votes.
RebelPhoe from Gryffindor submitted votes.
I'm trying to think who from Ravenclaw submitted votes??
And Huffelpuff, (i think) told us that they hadn't elected there Prefects yet, so Tasie and I submitted our votes.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Last edited by RoguePw25 on Apr 20th, 2004 at 04:21 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:16 PM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Thorondor
*ahem* dissagrees with the final judging....my oppinion hufflepuff's sigs were better

big grin

@RPhoe seems so...

... but whence the %? blink Percent of what? What would be the full 100?

So... wait a moment... the actual result... in relation to the single results... is blink blink what exactly? Wouldnt it be more logical to divide the sum by 8? To get absolute average voting out of 15 by both sigs? I mean of course it doesnt change anything bout the result... but Im just wondering what the 6.5 or whatever in the end actually signifies compared to the votings... its... the sum of the averages out of each point of the votings confused like, 0.75/1+0.80/1+... ---- or something like that? confused

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:19 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix

I understand what you are saying Rogue and I appreciate that you were under pressure to get it done - but it's no clearer to me, you say my makrs are up there because if you had used the same score I posted up twice in each House then there would be at least one set of double figures in each double but there isn't.

I really don't want to make this into such a big issue but I'm just confused - because in my brain if you really did just use the total scores for every House why would there be the need to add up all the seperate scores for the individual sigs? Why not just use the one total score for both sigs given by each judge already averaged and add those up and leave it with no need to divide by 15. For example I gave Hufflepuff 13/15 total marks already averaged for both sigs, now if the other Houses gave already averaged marks as well all that was needed was to add those four figures up and voila that's the Final Mark for Hufflepuff out of 60 and continue the same with all the others. That way even though Slytherin had only one entry it would still have comparable marks out of 60 along with the rest rather then half of what the others got in percentage.

IF however, the other Houses unlike myself submitted seperate marks for each sig then all that was needed was to add up those seperate marks like you did and divide by 2 to average it (the mark out of 30 divided by 2 to give an average mark out of 15) out making it look like one total mark for both sigs as one final entry like the marks I gave. Then those total marks would be added (making it out of 60)- still leaving you with only four total marks to be added up instead of eight and no need to divide by 15.

Ack - we're just going to confuse eachother now messed

Last edited by RebelPhoenix on Apr 20th, 2004 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:25 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix

quote:
Originally posted by Exa
@RPhoe seems so...

I seem so what? Pedantic and crazy? messed Lol I'm sorry, I just hate being confused embarrasment

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:31 PM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by RebelPhoenix
I seem so what? Pedantic and crazy? messed Lol I'm sorry, I just hate being confused embarrasment

No lol it should be "@(at stick out tongue)RPhoe: yes, seems so" laughing out loud I just agreed with what you said... forgot the ":" sry lol ^^

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:33 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*Georgina_A*
those technicolour eyes

quote:
Originally posted by RoguePw25

Joy2DaWorld, from Slytherin submitted votes.
RebelPhoe from Gryffindor submitted votes.
I'm trying to think who from Ravenclaw submitted votes??
And Huffelpuff, (i think) told us that they hadn't elected there Prefects yet, so Tasie and I submitted our votes.

I thought Kitoky was voting for Hufflepuff confused erm

I'm a highschool lover....
& you're my favourite flavour.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:35 PM
*Georgina_A* is currently offline Click here to Send *Georgina_A* a Private Message Find more posts by *Georgina_A* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote