KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Garfield - The Movie

Why wont Garfield live up the the comic strip?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Garfield is CGI in a live action movie 11 35.48%
Garfield is protrayed incorrectly 12 38.71%
It has Jennifer Love Hewitt 6 19.35%
Or iyou think t will live up to the comic strip 2 6.45%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Garfield - The Movie
Started by: Mitsubishi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roundisfunny

"Coming soon...Snuffy Smith: the movie!"

NOOOO...'tis a sign of the apocalypse!

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:25 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

sure u can await it but dont expect much out of it

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 05:52 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Hey, if "Garfield" does well, although his star faded out long ago, I request..no no..I DEMAND "Funky Winkerbean" and "Marmaduke" live action movies.

LOL....that goes for any "Hong Kong Phooey" and "Grape Ape" ones, too.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 06:04 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

maybe its just a bad idea for cartoons to now have live action movies. its because we grew up w/ them being toons now their in a live action movie........... i think its a bad move my the movie industry for live action movies for toons

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 08:34 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

they just werent made to be in real life movies

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 10:47 PM
silver_tears

because it looks nothing like him yes

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 11:20 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

right that is the main point

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 12:05 AM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
Maybe they should just tour the country with a booth that says "Garfield is lazy, ha ha, that'll be eight dollars."

I'd rather see Garfield being Lazy than seeing him act energetic.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 12:18 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i know but thats how he was in the trailer lets hope that part in the movie he has to be energetic and 4 the rest of the time hes a lazy @$$

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 12:21 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I don't like the fact that it won't that it won't live up to the mastery of the comic strip. Other than that I see nothing really wrong with it. All of the technical things: Comic Odie doesn't look like a real dog at all. It may work in the comic, but not in a movie where it's supposed to be beliveable. A CGI Garfield was used to they could better use his characteristics.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 05:57 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i really cant respond to ur entire message cause uh......... it was kinda cut off

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:57 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

k i can read it now, yea i guess but Garfields prime has been long gone, and the new live actions for toon thing, i really hope they pass

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 04:11 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i just saw a preview to the film, and it really looks, well bad. I really do hate the fact of Garfield being CGI and Otty not being CGI, it really takes something away from the film. what do you think

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 02:26 PM
Colabee
Discombobulated.

If he's portrayed incorrectley but from what I've seen of the trailer it looks really good. Loved the bit where he was dancing around the floor.

Here's a litle fact: Bill Murray as you know does the voice for the new Garfield movie but the guy who useto do the voice for the Garfield cartoon also voiced Bill Murray's character Peter Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 05:16 PM
Colabee is currently offline Click here to Send Colabee a Private Message Find more posts by Colabee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I was JUST about to post that Colabee.

It's pretty cool because Lorenzo Music does the cartoon versions, while Bill Murray does the movies.

When I heard that Murray was gonna do Garfield, I was thinking "if Music can't do it - then the next person I'd want to do it would be Bill Murray".

It's a great idea, but it now looks to be a load of crap.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 05:27 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiball

i think it looks bad because it's hard to portray a cat with an attitude and JLH is in it???!! who does she play???

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 11:43 PM
quiball is currently offline Click here to Send quiball a Private Message Find more posts by quiball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

IT WAS BAD ENOUGH WHEN THEY HAD F**KING SCOOBY DOO AS A CGI DOG. Cartoons just should not be made into films. Comic-to-film is ok and computer game to film is good but not cartoon. Or atleast not live action.

I mean they're doing thunderbirds for F**k sake. (ok thats not a cartoon but it was on after sharky and george in the afternoons)

THUNDER CATS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 01:15 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Actually, although I HATE to admit it, I thought Scooby Doo was brilliant. It was a total p*ss take of the cartoon. Thought some of the jokes were funny and Scooby was funny. I also loved the fact that even though the kiddies love it, it was a bit like Shrek, where the grown-ups could appreciate it too. Some of the more subtle gags were brilliant, especially the smoke coming out of the Mystery Machine only to find out they are cooking food inside! Most of the jokes were pretty juvenile, but I enjoyed the movie, especially because Scrappy Doo is evil.

I love Scrappy Doos line when he's getting arrested:"I would have gotten away with it too, if it werent for you sons of..........." *door slams*

Wheras Scooby Doo was brilliant fun, I can't see how Thunderbirds is going to be anything other than awful.

Thunderbirds looks like a mental raping of my fond childhood Thunderbird memories. The machines look decent, but KIDS? It looks like Spy Kids all over again. I HATE movies like that - even when I was a kid, I wanted to see the adults/true heroes save the day. It's like in the Ninja Turtles movie where that punk kid saves the Turtles - NO!

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 01:35 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RSSR

Other reasons not already named? For one, Garfield as a comic strip just wasn't that funny. It just doesn't hold a candle to Calvin & Hobbes or The Farside, in my opinion.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:01 AM
RSSR is currently offline Click here to Send RSSR a Private Message Find more posts by RSSR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Garfield is laaaaaaaame.

...and Jons a sissy. He shouldve kicked that fata$$ loser cat to the curb a long time ago.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post May 24th, 2004 06:24 AM
Creechuur is currently offline Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote