KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Wheel of time.

Wheel of time.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, I don't think so, he is bonded to Merise and got Callandor from Tear for Rand.

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 09:33 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

aah, now I remember him. Wasn't he among the youngest Asha'man?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 09:41 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think so, apparently he is a bit older than Rand but looks alot younger

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 09:54 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Good, now we are sure we are thinking of the same person.
By the way, I am pleased to see someone finally wanting to post some more here. U don't happen to know any interesting WOT stuff to discuss?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 09:56 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

not really, i guess there is new spring and the 11th book coming out in january or febuary

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 01:43 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Um, don't u know that New Spring was released a long time ago? If not then u should read it, it's about Moiraine, Lan, and Siuan (or however u spell her name) while they were training to become Sedais.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 08:51 PM
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm only just reading it cause i was waiting for it to come out in paperback, it's quite good, but i can't sem to really get into it at the moment. It's interesting to get things from Lan's point of view though

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:15 PM
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

not sure if this has been discussed but what do people think will happen, or want to happen in The Knife of Dreams.

I'm hoping Perrin either finds Faile or they both die, they are really starting to annoy me. also Egwene gets taken down a peg or two because she gots on my nerves as well

i also Moiraine comes back and Lan raises the banner of Malkier

most likely though Rand will sulk and Perrin will search

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 09:01 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I hope Rand will deal with Taim and the Blacktower, and I would also love to see a asha'man attack on the Tower Sedais.

I also would like to see an end to the Perrin saving Faile part, and that he somehow starts using his wolfs abilities more.

As for Mat (whom u didn't mention at all) I hope something happens with him. Perhaps the Daughter of the Nine Moons will complete the ceremony and they will be married, thus Mat could be the Emperor of the Seanchan.

It would be nice to see Moiraine back, perhaps Thoms will save her somehow (as I think was viewed by Min sometime).

Egwene I hope would die 'cause she is one of the main characters I don't mind dies.

Lan rising1 the banner of Malkier? has there been anything leading up to that in the previous books (other then New Spring)?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 09:50 PM
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

about the Lan thing, he has to do something at the last battle other than protect Nynaeve, he is becoming a bit of a token charcter now, i think he needs devlop more and this would be a good way to do it, and he could lead the Boderlanders who are doing something i can't remember against Rand, i think

Matt i think should marry Tuon, then maybe he could ensure the Seanchan fought alongside Rand at the last battle

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 12:39 PM
Moridin

the book said Rand would need the help of a dead woman. that could also be Brigette or Lanfear

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:03 PM
Moridin is currently offline Click here to Send Moridin a Private Message Find more posts by Moridin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Or it could be someone everyone thinks is dead, like Moiraine.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 03:55 PM
Darth Putte

In book ten, isnīt Egwene trying to make the chains into cuendillar, to make sure nu ships can get into the white tower?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 10:05 PM
Darth Putte is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Putte a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Putte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Sweet, I found this kinda late. Love the WOT, though I'm only about 3/4 of the way through 7. My favorite character has to be crazy Lews Therin in Rand's head... I think he's really there, but is most noticable at certain times because situations of danger or strong feelings make Rand more "vulnerable" to Lews Therin's influence. Cuz he does keep trying to take control of Rand's body and all that. Though for strictly good characters, I go with Lan... what a badass... and strictly bad I'd go with Moridin (see "Lan").

As for Shaidar Haran, I think he's simply an incarnation of all the power that the DO can slip through its prison.

Other than that, I'm working to catch up.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 01:11 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Bumpity bump bump bump

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 04:28 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

I found this kinda late too... I haven't finished them all yet, but I'm working on it. It's a very interesting series, and the plots and characters are awesome.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:39 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Shouldn't need a spoiler warning, but, if you don't wanna see the book cover or the latest press release regarding Knife of Dreams...please do not read ahead......For the rest of you, scroll on...

Check it out, it's the Official Cover for the 11th Wheel of Time Book...Press release fom TOR June 2nd, 2005, following the cover.

(please log in to view the image)

Robert Jordan's KNIFE OF DREAMS, Book Eleven of The Wheel of Time(tm), to go on-sale October 11, 2005!

Internationally bestselling author Robert Jordan's eleventh book in his wildly popular The Wheel of Time series, Knife of Dreams (A Tor hardcover; 704 pages; $29.95; 0-312-87307-7), will go on-sale nation-wide this October 11, 2005. Knife of Dreams will be the second to last book in the highly acclaimed The Wheel of Time(tm) series, the last three books of which have all been #1 New York Times bestsellers.

Jordan, who is a graduate of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics, has been lauded by The New York Times for his extraordinary story-telling ability: "the books' battle scenes have the breathless urgency of firsthand experience, and the ambiguities in these novels-the evil laced into the forces of good, the dangers latent in any promised salvation, the sense of the unavoidable onslaught of unpredictable events-bear the marks of American national experience during the last three decades, just as the experience of the First World War and its aftermath gave its imprint to Tolkien's work."

In Knife of Dreams, the dead are walking, men are dying impossible deaths, and it seems as though reality itself has become unstable: all are signs of the imminence of the Last Battle, when Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, must confront the Dark One as humanity's only hope. But Rand dares not fight until he possesses all the surviving seals on the Dark One's prison. And he faces other dangers-there are those among the Forsaken who will go to any length to see him dead . . . The winds of time have become a storm, and things that everyone believed were fixed in place forever are changing before their eyes. Now Rand must ride those storm winds, or the Dark One will triumph.

With over 12 million copies of The Wheel of Time series sold in North America, Tor will be publishing Knife of Dreams with an announced first printing of a million copies. As part of its marketing campaign, Tor will be promoting the Knife of Dreams with an Internet Hunt where participants will have the opportunity to navigate through twelve sites by solving a series of riddles.

Multiple prizes are planned for winning participants. In June, Tor will announce the internet hunt on participating Jordan websites and other mainstream and genre sites. Participants will be directed to a Knife of Dreams site (url to come) to register themselves for the hunt.

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:19 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Wow, my thread has revived itself. Too bad it has been so long since last time I discussed/read something, don't remember much of what we were talking about nor what happened in certain books.

Thanks fr the info Big_Daddy2, great thing it is on a Tuesday. that might mean the book will get time to get to Norway by the end of the week.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:59 PM
shaber
schizoid

Do you think the author should have gracefully frawn this series to an end rather than spinning it out long after he'd completely run out of ideas? The author of the Sword of Truth series is bringing his to an end.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 02:44 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Apparently he has always meant for it to be a 12 book series.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:42 PM