KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever

nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever
Started by: Fearnix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

just their age wasn't my point Alpha. There is no way I'm buying that kids today who talk about "best/worst bands of that era" even listened to all the bands of that era. Hell, even I didn't listen to all of them. They've probably only listened to the top 5 or 6.

If somebody doesn't like Nirvana.......fine. That's their preference. We're all different and like different music. To say that some guy went back 14 years and listened to hundreds of bands to decide who was the best or the worst, however, I don't buy for a second.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:36 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
just their age wasn't my point Alpha. There is no way I'm buying that kids today who talk about "best/worst bands of that era" even listened to all the bands of that era. Hell, even I didn't listen to all of them. They've probably only listened to the top 5 or 6.

If somebody doesn't like Nirvana.......fine. That's their preference. We're all different and like different music. To say that some guy went back 14 years and listened to hundreds of bands to decide who was the best or the worst, however, I don't buy for a second.

cool thumb up

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:51 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Nirvana are great: they are also overrated.

AIC and Soundgarden are the pinnacle of 'grunge' for me. I'd put Nirvana above Pearl Jam.

The term was coined by the media- then again, so were more or less all of them. The term 'metal' was coined by William Burroughs, interstingly enough.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:21 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

I hate Pearl Jam

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:15 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

I like nirvana, there not that bad, but i dont rele know any other grunge bands, but and i dont even listen to grunge that much.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:22 PM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

Chris Cornell(SoundGarden) has an amazing voice, it can get such a good range

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:24 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

evil dead, i dont think that grunge "killed" glam metal and hair metal. it was already on the way out, the musicians knew that, the record companys knew that, shit, they saw Nirvana were gonna be the next big thing and went "perfect, an exscuse" and when Nirvana blew the scene open, blamed them for "killing glam." if it wasn't Nirvana then it'd have been something else.

and on the topic of wether Nirvana are shit or not, i cant help, i never bothered getting into "grunge" it never did anything for me, so i never listened to more than a few nirvana/a.i.c/pearl jam songs.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 07:22 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

grunge was adopted from punk bith lyricaly and musicaly using the sounds of 70`s black metal as a foundation.
Mudhoney, Soundgarden and off course Green River was the first so called grunge band. Nirvana joined this grunge club later on in what is called the second wave. Nirvana was more melodic and actually turned mainstream. But most of all grunge was all about independence very much like its "relative" Punk.

But I wouldnt call Nirvana S*it though, not my fav but they had some bad ass tunes

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 09:55 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

i am 16 witch is pretty ****ing young but i hate most of the music of my generation the 70s 80s and early 90s is when all the good music came out now most young people listen to the music there friends lisen to and i am so pi**ed off at them for giving me and my friends such a bad name

P.S Pearl Jam suck ass

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 04:53 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

Nirvana wanted to be the pixies so bad

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 04:58 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I love music from the early and mid 90s, I wish I could back again stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:02 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

calvin: step into my amazing time travelling machine
hobbes: but that looks JUSt like your transmogrifier..
calvin: yeah, but we climbed UNDER the transmogrifier, you climb on top of this.
hobbes: oh.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:05 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

quote:
Originally posted by Fearnix
no they gave grunge a bad name
they gave grunge its music title

the dictonary gave grunge a bad name

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:14 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Pearl Jam rock... So do Nirvana...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:15 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

nirvana are shit all they did for music was give it a bad name and get little kids to say there in to grunge

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:19 PM
Darth Revan
-

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. To me, at least, Nirvana is one of those bands that I don't see how you could NOT like. But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:21 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

i used to like them but then i heard good music

i dont mean to offend anybody i am just saying my view of them

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:24 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"just their age wasn't my point Alpha. There is no way I'm buying that kids today who talk about "best/worst bands of that era" even listened to all the bands of that era. Hell, even I didn't listen to all of them. They've probably only listened to the top 5 or 6"

Because you were around and didn't doesn't mean that people my age or even slightly younger, don't. My parents don't even know all of the bands back in the 70s, 80s. Yet they are still allowed to judge who they think are the best. They can only go by what they've heard though. Had they been into Led Zeppelin or The Cure or Faith No More things would have been different. They weren't though. Admittedly most listen to shit music, I don't. I know I don't. Alot of the bands I love are older bands. Regardless of when I was born, if I love and understand the music created over that time I have the right to throw out my opinion on who I believe the best to be.

One thing a rabid music fan should know is that music is timeless. So you saying that they can't judge being that they weren't around in that era is silly. No matter when I listen to "The Real Thing" by Faith No More, it sounds the same. Genius, as it did then, does now and will do in 20 years.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:29 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

you must have missed the second paragraph to that post.........

quote:
If somebody doesn't like Nirvana.......fine. That's their preference. We're all different and like different music. To say that some guy went back 14 years and listened to hundreds of bands to decide who was the best or the worst, however, I don't buy for a second

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:32 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

i agree just coz i am young dose not mean i should lisen to music of my time

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:34 PM