KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator 4 Without Arnold?

Shouldnt Terminator 4 have Arnold play in it?
This poll is closed.
Yes 2 66.67%
NO 1 33.33%
Dont Care 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Terminator 4 Without Arnold?
Started by: Leog14

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

what would be the point of giving arnold another rule in terminator4 rather than just being the mold for the resistance killers

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 11:15 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

and as far as dolph lungeren ,cant we take all these horrible washed up actors like jean claude van dam and steaven seagal sly stallone , and lock them in an iron room and pour molten lava into it so we dont have to put up with there bullshit attempts at movie making anymore.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 11:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

nah dolph lundgren?? comeon, ok he has the build obviously but uhm sorry he isnt that good an actor. Yeah some of you might say well how much acting does he need to play a terminator, dudes do u guys remeber a movie back in the 90's or late 80's called universal soldier, with jean claude van god damn? Sorry to say jean claude was better in that than dolph, and that aint saying much. Anyways the terminator series will never be the same with out arnold, as it is t3 isnt the same anymore! and now with no arnold??? thats like star wars without darth vader or james earl jones classic vader voice!
I wouldnt mind a cameo of arnie in t4 as a t101, robert partick was also an aswesome terminator, wouldnt mind a cameo of the t1000 but the premise of the story time line is the production of the terminators etc so i really dont wanna see a story line of the production of some other terminator models alone ie no tx etc. As far as actors playing terminator roles with skins etc, i think vin diesel fits the terminator skeletal frame, with similar height etc with arnie. Perhaps if they are gonna mess up t4 the way t3 was done with its slap a storyline and effects togther attitude, perhaps thankfully they wont do a t4 and degrade a great movie like that more. I dunno, all in due time. I do not wanna end up seing a t4 with out anymore original characters from the first 2 terminator movies ie i still can not accept nick stahl = terminator story like ed furlong was in t2, much less see t4 and think claire danes =terminator as in linda hamilton = sarah conner/terminator movies. no i just cant!!! ok thats my 2 cents

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 01:50 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i wouldnt have minded about the different actors, if they would have any character depth. even though stahl and danes are ok actors when there is no depth or emotion of the characters written into the script all your gonna see is that these arent the same characters as before.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 02:19 PM
skule
blissfully ignorant

what surprises me is that claire danes was noted to be a good actress but yet in t3 everyone was just numb, i guess due to poor script and most importantly because of movie direction, cameron wanted micheal biehn and linda hamilton to become their characters i am sure thats how he directed them. Edward furlong was relativly unknown and i know he isnt a brilliant actor yet you think of john conner u think of edward furlong, he just became that person on screen, nick stahl however for me anyways seems to be less likely to be a strong willed john conner at his age in his 20s than edward furlong was in his younger age, i think it was bad casting and also poor direction and poor script, geez a real mess grr i end up getting pissed off every time i disect the movie lol.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 02:37 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

arnold is big money. if they dont have him in t4 u will c the global sales of t4 fall dramatically. he is a global action hero

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:16 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

Nobody else can play the Terminator other than Arnold. He IS the Terminator, he gave the movie its name. Now of course there are other terminators, such as the T1000 and the TX; and perhaps in the 4th they'll show some of the earlier models T600 (as mentioned in T1).

But as far as the T-800 series, Cyberdyne systems model 101, sunglasses sporting, leather jacket stealing, poker faced goliath there is nobody else who could play the role.

It would be interesting to use Vin Diesel and The Rock to play the earlier model terminators, but they wouldn't be large roles. I say they bring everybody back; salvage the T1000 blueprints and resurrect it, along with a legion ot 800's and TXs. That would be something worth seeing.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:55 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

yeah, my only problem is the tx and t-1000 were both prototypes created for the sheer purpose of sending back in time and to be more useful or better infiltrators with a greater liklinhood of success but overall and statitically less sucessfull than the t-800 but not so for the t-600 which was simply too easy to detect. in the future, the next terminator if there is to be one is on that could appear to be more human and and be more of a reasonable size as arnie was likely too healthy to be a starving diseased human in that time period, to well fed and probably too clean, unscarred, etc. other than that, skynet should conclude that the model thusfar with the highest probablility of sucess, that of the t-800 and shopw them infiltrating bunkers and extingusihing humans and bring this thing full circle. Also show kyle reese and john connor waxing the floor with th terminators, which is why the two are legends

Old Post Sep 5th, 2003 02:18 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

Okay, he's not going to get elected. He kind of screwed himself over when he refused to be in the first debate, and only in the one where he would have questions provided in advance. And where did you guys find out about T4?

And to answer all previous questions and debates, T4 will NOT go into production if Arnold is elected for governer.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 11:19 PM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

how do u kno that? it infact is in production

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 12:27 AM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

quote:
Originally posted by skule
what surprises me is that claire danes was noted to be a good actress but yet in t3 everyone was just numb, i guess due to poor script and most importantly because of movie direction, cameron wanted micheal biehn and linda hamilton to become their characters i am sure thats how he directed them. Edward furlong was relativly unknown and i know he isnt a brilliant actor yet you think of john conner u think of edward furlong, he just became that person on screen, nick stahl however for me anyways seems to be less likely to be a strong willed john conner at his age in his 20s than edward furlong was in his younger age, i think it was bad casting and also poor direction and poor script, geez a real mess grr i end up getting pissed off every time i disect the movie lol.

yup i agree def!!!!!!!!!!! Arnold wont win man "Trust Me"! Hee Hee LOL

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:38 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i certainly hope he doesnt

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 10:00 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

I think to be honest with you guys, the Rock may very well be a terminator in t4, everyday i heard more and more on how arnie is passing the reigns over to the rock etc . The only thing though, the rock doesnt really look scarey he looks like to much of a nice guy.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:49 PM
carnage713

ya im sure rock is a nice gut and he has gettin into movies and is very strong. if arnie thinks he can do it im sure he can. arnie noes best he created this franchise

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 07:53 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

arnie is ahead in the polls so quit wishing he wont make it for your own oersonal resons. i support arnie and if that is what he wants to do then more power to him. he did good in the debate and there is 13 days left and he came ahead in the debate

I agree the rock looks too friendly,but if he just looks blank or frowns and has no lines he will do good. nd who the hell said with out arnie they won't do t4..thats bull, they are doing t3 and t4 for money...they saied they will do it with or without arnold.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 08:23 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

t4 is gonna be done plain and simple, well of course with the capital involved for it, which there will be. Arnie will end updoing a cameo if he is gubernor of kalifornia, i am pretty damned sure on it. I am also sure more and more talk around the town will be all the fans want to see a tough looking terminator, ie no more female version ex, i think all of guys want to see a terminator like t1 when arnie was bad etc, a muscular looking evil terminator, robert partrick was awesome too not gonna dis him. But i think the Rock is in the running for it, i saw him on letterman and he cracked a jock about arnie saying the rock is taking is gonna have all his movies. And i know i read that stuff like that before that interview, so i guess a lot of whispering bout that going on.
Actually dulo if the direction is right and with a lot of night scenes etc the rock can indeed pull of a terminator without a hitch. Plus looking at the rocks face cut as well, he could indded match up to a endoskeleton under the skin, that is of course if they dont recreate a diffrent model from the 800 series. How about this a very similar looking t800 only this one is bigger (rock is 6foot5) but this terminator also has to multi round minicannons loaded in his chest cavity, easily hidden in the event of placing grown human skin for infiltration.

That would be coool.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 12:38 PM
alic88
Barzakh

lemme tell u sumthin. arnie said if he wins he wont have time for his children how can u expect him 2 do sumthin like a t cameo even

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 06:12 AM
dulobast25

he will have time for his fans. I think the endoskeleton should be made the same and be presumed to have the same hieght without designing a new term. I think sicne we are actually in the future now, that enough new models have been intorduced. too much attention has been arounf the new model and not aorund the story. we need to come full circle and conclude the story and do dnot more t flicks. That's how i feel. but arnie shoul dhave a cameo as sshould reese (biehn) shortly and then have rock play a diff model of the t-800 among others. Snd concentrate on john connoer and michaelk biehcn character.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 09:35 PM
alic88
Barzakh

i just wanna c humans and bunch of t600's or 800z fighting non sotp and then john comes up with sumthin and blowz em all away

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 06:27 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

hopefully there wont be another terminator movie.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 06:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote