KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom

Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hostile
Horribly Addictive

quote:
Originally posted by Koto K
I could see Christian Bale doing Carnage. If anyone has ever seen the movie American Psycho, you know what I'm talkin' about.

"I just had to kill a lot of people!!" That line, and the way Bale delievers it is just...hilarious but at the same time, sickening.

A fine cinematic moment. The entire film was brilliantly crafted. Still, Bale always appears so calm. Does he have the ENERGY to be Carnage?

quote:
[B]Of course, I could see Jim Carrey doing the role as well. That guy can play some twisted characters. He could play Cletus Kassady like a cross between the Riddler from Batman Forever, and the guy from the Cable Guy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. You'd look at Cleutus and see Ace Ventura. It'd be awful. sick

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 01:47 PM
Hostile is currently offline Click here to Send Hostile a Private Message Find more posts by Hostile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stubby2903
Delightfully Dull

Well if there is one thing that the 2 spidey movies have proven to me, its that their casting agents are not stupid. Molina and DeFoe are both excellent choices for their respective roles, and few can argue otherwise. I have faith that, should they do Venom in a future movie, they will get it as close as they can. I like the idea as Gary Busey's kid as Carnage, tho. Busey is friggin crazy, and if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, then it'd be a good fit.

I'd say Jim Carrey is past the point in his career where he could do a good Carnage. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago, but alas, time travel is impossible. And even then, he was a bit to goofy.

It seems that there are no actors nowadays that have the right ability. I would cry if it was Vin, since he has the acting ability of a pigme spearchucker from some jungle. He is a good action hero, and he may fit the image, but as far as the sheer talent for filling the character out, he just doesn't have it. However, I can't really think of anyone else who could fit the bill, so maybe my argument means nothing.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 05:11 PM
stubby2903 is currently offline Click here to Send stubby2903 a Private Message Find more posts by stubby2903 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Like I said before and I'll say it again they are better off picking an unknown.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 06:56 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc_Brown

It isn't so much a matter of picking an unknown as avoiding someone exceedingly well known. Look at the choices for the villains in the last two movies. Dafoe and Molina are both talented, recognizable actors, but they're not superstars. As such, they have to get by more on their acting chops, which ultimately benefits the characters they portray.

Now that I see what Everbeck looks like, I'm a little more assured that he at least looks the part. I am a little concerned about him being a bit too young for Brock, but that's a relatively minor quibble. Whether or not he can act--and perhaps more importantly, whether or not he can act like Brock/Venom--is the real question.

If I were making the decision, though, I'd recommend Nick Chinlund for the part. Good actor, looks the part, recognizable but not a headliner, great voice for the character, and fairly charismatic to boot. Compare his picture here with the one of Brock in badsymbiote's sig to see the resemblance. Any comments on the suggestion?

Last edited by Doc_Brown on Jul 29th, 2004 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 11:05 PM
Doc_Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Doc_Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Doc_Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc_Brown

Whoops, forgot the picture.

Attachment: nickchinlund.jpg
This has been downloaded 101 time(s).

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 11:08 PM
Doc_Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Doc_Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Doc_Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hostile
Horribly Addictive

Peter Serafinowicz

(please log in to view the image)

The man behind Darth Maul (vocally). He's got a voice like gravel. Like heavy gravel. He rocks.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 02:23 AM
Hostile is currently offline Click here to Send Hostile a Private Message Find more posts by Hostile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

quote:
Originally posted by Doc_Brown
Whoops, forgot the picture.

"Ooooh. Have him sent to my chambers...UNWASHED. Thank you, that is all...

Attachment: eddie.jpg
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 05:12 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazlow
Legend in my own mind.

I know I'm prolly gonna get killed for this. Brock/Venom should be played by a B-movie actor *koff* Bruce Campbell *koff koff* Why? Because, as you plainly saw with 'Snooty Usher,' Bruce is completly capable of playing a charismatic "villain." Look at Evil Dead...there's a guy who was having a bad day, went villain for a tiny bit and then became a hero. If you express any distaste...just tell me, I welcome all opinons.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 08:14 AM
Lazlow is currently offline Click here to Send Lazlow a Private Message Find more posts by Lazlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazlow
Legend in my own mind.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The only person's opinons I'll prolly take into considreation is badsymbiote's..considering she's the only one who can give me some solice in these damned threads. Happy trails comrades!!!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 08:16 AM
Lazlow is currently offline Click here to Send Lazlow a Private Message Find more posts by Lazlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Chinlund or Everbeck. Those guys are both actors, and they are both luscious. Mmmmm. Either one would make a fine adddition to the cast.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 07:34 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

iŽd make a perfect venom , all i need is to gain 45 kg of muscular mass.
about brock they could use a stunt man to do my face smile

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 08:54 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Lazlow
I know I'm prolly gonna get killed for this. Brock/Venom should be played by a B-movie actor *koff* Bruce Campbell *koff koff* Why? Because, as you plainly saw with 'Snooty Usher,' Bruce is completly capable of playing a charismatic "villain." Look at Evil Dead...there's a guy who was having a bad day, went villain for a tiny bit and then became a hero. If you express any distaste...just tell me, I welcome all opinons.

I don't think that would a very good choice because it would be the third different character Bruce plays in three Spider-Man movies! Besides that your right he can pull of both a good guy role as well as bad one as we have seen before in Army Of Darkness where he played two characters Good Ash and Bad Ash.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 04:46 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
What the f...?

What about Ron Perlman... He's a very underrated actor. Played in such movies as Blade 2, and the recent Blockbuster Hellboy. He's not a pretty boy, and is pretty old, which Im sure both can be fix by the make up ppl... but i think he'd a good fit for Brock/venom...Oh and he is pretty buff!

Attachment: ameliepre.jpg
This has been downloaded 86 time(s).

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 06:51 PM
What the f...? is currently offline Click here to Send What the f...? a Private Message Find more posts by What the f...? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

He probably would make a pretty good Brock/Venom actually.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 07:14 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I don't think they would pick him since they probably want a young person like Tobey or something. You know what maybe if those Hollywood big shots read our oppinions they would learn a thing or two about casting actors.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 01:11 AM
Hostile
Horribly Addictive

Too old IMO.

How about Brock Lesnar? He's even got half the name big grin

Oh oh wait, give it to the Rock! The Rock will tell Tobey where he can stick that webbing.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 01:52 AM
freezedoom
Alburqueque

quote:
Originally posted by Hostile
Too old IMO.

How about Brock Lesnar? He's even got half the name big grin

Oh oh wait, give it to the Rock! The Rock will tell Tobey where he can stick that webbing.

Yeah, he will squish him, too

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:41 AM
freezedoom is currently offline Click here to Send freezedoom a Private Message Find more posts by freezedoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

The X-files bounty hunter: Clive Waterhouse

I think he would be a great Venom.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 02:51 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

NO Neither Rock or...Brock, have ANY acting ability.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:00 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again
The X-files bounty hunter: Clive Waterhouse

I think he would be a great Venom.

Hes too old just like Ron.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 05:00 AM