KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom

Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fever red
Paola's doll

The long hair was the insidious effect of California culture, and an unfortunate departure for Eddie.
The crew cut is the perfect complement to his obsessive mindset when he is at his best, top of his game. A very militant look.
In the movie, he may have a relaxed "business cut" as a reporter. Following symbiosis, I envision a scene where Brock is shown with a new buzz-cut during a punishing workout, to signify his newly obsessive mindset.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 03:39 PM
fever red is currently offline Click here to Send fever red a Private Message Find more posts by fever red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

quote:
Originally posted by fever red
Ugggh God.
That's horrible. I'll have nightmares...
All men should have curly red hair.

Ah, we'll have to agree to disagree here, lady. Curly red hair is for sissies, sociopaths, and ugly stepchildren.

(Add Rodney Dangerfield from "Caddyshack" joke)
Oh, it looks good on YOU, though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But you're right, though. I do prefer Brock to sport shorn locks. And, even if you don't like the hair in "The Mace", you gotta admit that the art is good. I love how yummy he looks, even with the Fabio tresses.

Attachment: eddie.jpg
This has been downloaded 52 time(s).

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 03:12 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Sissies, sociopaths, and ugly stepchildren are some of my favorite kinds of people- in the comics, that is. Cletus covers 2 out of 3- not bad, not bad.
And thank-you, (step)mom, I DO think my hair looks good on me!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 03:24 AM
fever red is currently offline Click here to Send fever red a Private Message Find more posts by fever red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVenomSymbiot
Hostility Restrained

Huh, I never knew he was a stepchild... anyway, START Brock with the crew cut, then maybe have later appearances evolve into his current hairstyle choice.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 03:27 AM
TheVenomSymbiot is currently offline Click here to Send TheVenomSymbiot a Private Message Find more posts by TheVenomSymbiot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

quote:
Sissies, sociopaths, and ugly stepchildren are some of my favorite kinds of people- in the comics, that is. Cletus covers 2 out of 3- not bad, not bad.
And thank-you, (step)mom, I DO think my hair looks good on me!

I was a red-head for ten years by choice--I was talking about the men. Of course, exceptions to the rule are the rule--Seth Green's a red-head--I think he's the cat's meow. I guess I just haven't met too many good-lookin red-headed men, you know? There is this one I know, though--late 40's, sweet-natured, humorous, and a stone-cold fox.

And even if you are a red-headed step-child to me, I promise to protect you like you were one of my own brood...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 04:59 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

He should be blonde instead of a redhead. But I think Eddie's hair is something they can worry about after they have their actor for the role.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Aug 16th, 2004 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 09:13 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Oh, Cletus isn't a stepchild- but he's a sissy and a sociopath! Disagree with me if you will, but I know my wittle Cletus-ums.
He's more of a sissy psychologically than physically- he never developed the emotional strength to admit to any weaknessses or failures. Probably because he never had the humility to even consider himself as a source of any of his own difficulties...
So he's a self-satisfied sissy sociopath.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 01:24 PM
fever red
Paola's doll

Oh, and Filmprof, that was a humorous statement, that all men should have curly red hair. Only the men I date, really. I keep to my own kind!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 01:58 PM
Praylu

quote:
Oh, and Filmprof, that was a humorous statement, that all men should have curly red hair. Only the men I date, really. I keep to my own kind!

hmmm (thinking) I never said 'all men should have curly hair' in any of my posts here.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 09:46 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

No, no, I did- then Bad S ran with it, kept the joke going, and you popped into the middle and thought we were suggesting red hair for Eddie- but it was a reference to my Cletus enthusiam.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 09:51 PM
fever red
Paola's doll

Come to think of it, though, Brock would be a hot red-head, even more so than Seth Green.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 09:51 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

OK, then--but I like him the way he is--and technically, it's strawberry blond. Close enough for you, I hope.
And blond isn't my first choice, either--I think I really prefer my guys with darker hair...

And, Prophet--we know this is supposed to be about Eddie & the movie that may never be, but we're digressing for a minute to discuss the very important topic of hair. Pardon us.

Now, back to the hair.
Only kidding. (Unless you want to still talk about it, Red.--In that case, Prophet, you must suffer along with the others.)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 01:24 AM
fever red
Paola's doll

Sure, I'll bite.
What's better- hairy or smooth-chested men? Brock's a builder, so he probably shaves. And I don't think Kasady's ever had to shave... wink I like a little, not a lot.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 01:29 AM
Praylu

badsymbiote I'll stay out for this part since its more of a topic for women that your talking about.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 02:53 AM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Yes, it sure is, Prophet, and I'm glad that you respect that we're only women with normal biological needs, and that occasionally, that means ogling and thinking about attractive men, and the physical properties of same.

Thank you for not forcing us to unleash our feminine wiles to subdue you.

Red--it depends on the guy, I guess. Some would look odd shaven, yet some can pull off the look. The hottest thing, I suppose, is the man wise and confident enough to know which looks best on him.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:03 AM
TheVenomSymbiot
Hostility Restrained

Umm... this is gonna sound odd, me saying this, but I think he should be smooth. And you were saying you prefer guys with darker hair? FYI, I prefer BEING a guy with darker hair.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:07 AM
TheVenomSymbiot is currently offline Click here to Send TheVenomSymbiot a Private Message Find more posts by TheVenomSymbiot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

See? That kind of confidence is fairly spell-binding, at least to me. And the dark thing is good news for the 2/3 of men on the planet with dark hair. Can't leave out the men of color, you know. I like a variety.

Red, where are you? I need you to help straighten me out. I'm in kind of a naughty mood, and I'm also finding that I'm demonstrating a fairly caustic tongue tonight as well. Bordering on bitchy, I'd say. Must be the heat.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 06:19 AM
fever red
Paola's doll

Me? Have a CALMING effect? How did we get here...the last thing I remember was that tornado...and now...we're not in Kansas, anymore, Mom. Let's go eat some munchkins.
The chocolate kind- at Dunkin Donuts. MMMmm... (have to do something about this copious salivation. You know those lobster bibs? I need one emblazoned with a Hershey's kiss- or, you guessed it, brains.)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 01:13 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

It's a date. We'll have the little donut boys feed us munchkins while some others paint our toenails.
"More chocolate, now!! Hurry, or I'll rip off your heads and suck out your spinal cords!"

(Ooh--there's that toxic tongue I mentioned before)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 11:52 PM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

ooo vicious...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 12:30 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote