KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Review : "Alien vs Predator"

Review : "Alien vs Predator"
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the writers intention was to make us(the audience) worry about what was gonna happen to the Predator now that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: his 2 partners where gonemake us worry and not know how he was gonna make it out of there,but they didnt pull it off well.

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 08:15 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linwe_felagund
There can only be one

Just saw it today. It was a good movie.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 02:25 AM
linwe_felagund is currently offline Click here to Send linwe_felagund a Private Message Find more posts by linwe_felagund Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Did they leave room for a sequel?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 10:42 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah..unfortunatly

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 11:10 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Treiken

ya what did you guys think of the ending, if you havent already disscused this.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 12:40 PM
Treiken is currently offline Click here to Send Treiken a Private Message Find more posts by Treiken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peeves-04
PROFESSOR OF CHARMS

im getting it on dvd tomorrow i cant wait

Peeves Hogwarts poltergeist

big grinSig made by Sun Cebig grin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 04:33 PM
Peeves-04 is currently offline Click here to Send Peeves-04 a Private Message Find more posts by Peeves-04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why get it on dvd when you could go to the theaters?Just asking im all for illegal activity big grin

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:45 AM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd wait and get the uncut version when it comes out. By the way it was a pretty good movie.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:50 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Still i would take a theater experience for a movie i am mildly interested over the DvD. the whole DvD uncut R version is still just a myth at this point anyway.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 03:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think she was talking about an illegal dvd or are you guys talking about something else? embarrasment

And uncut version would be nice tho smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx

no, yeah igot that. I was saying why would you watch a bootleg with crappy quality than experience it in a theater.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:42 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Treiken

bootleg movies are vert bad

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 03:21 PM
Treiken is currently offline Click here to Send Treiken a Private Message Find more posts by Treiken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

There ok,but id tottally watch this one at the cinema cool

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:18 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just saw this movie today too and I like it. I plan to buy the DVD when it comes out.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 07:15 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peeves-04
PROFESSOR OF CHARMS

ive got it i think its good the only bad thing is the battlings not that great

Peeves Hogwarts poltergeist

big grinSig made by Sun Cebig grin

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:15 PM
Peeves-04 is currently offline Click here to Send Peeves-04 a Private Message Find more posts by Peeves-04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I saw it tonight for free, the special effects were great, the story sucked, and they made it way to hollywood with the woman helping the Predator.

*******SPOILERS**********

At the end when she was kneeling over the dying predator after the big fight with the mother Alien, I was waiting for the big dying kiss scene between her and the predator, it was just so cheesey. The only good thing the move did was that it opened up a whole new possibility of the new race of Alien/Predator, that's a sweet ass alien.

*********End of Spoilers********************

To me the movie totally killed all that was said in the first Predator film. It was told that they only come in the hottest of years and they came in the jungle, not every 100 years and in Antarctica like in the movie. Lastly does it seem kind of odd that the Predators could have the same technology 4,000 years ago as they did at at the current time. Don't you think they would've made atleast some advancements?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:14 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by cal31

To me the movie totally killed all that was said in the first Predator film. It was told that they only come in the hottest of years and they came in the jungle, not every 100 years and in Antarctica like in the movie. Lastly does it seem kind of odd that the Predators could have the same technology 4,000 years ago as they did at at the current time. Don't you think they would've made atleast some advancements?

Where in the first movie was it said they only "come in the hottest of years". Aside from that, where did you read they had been around for 4,000 years?

I really wanna know, so I can better understand what you're getting at.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:17 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Where in the first movie was it said they only "come in the hottest of years". Aside from that, where did you read they had been around for 4,000 years?

I really wanna know, so I can better understand what you're getting at.

You know the latin girl that they capture, she said that in the villages they found men skinned alive or even worse, and it only happened in the hottest years and that the women said crazy things, forgot what they called the Predators. . And about the 4,000 years things, they showed them with the ancient civilization like the aztecs, egyptians, etc. and the scientists thought it was maybe the first civilization, which would mean probably a little under 3,000 years ago.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:21 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Hey getting off topic but, on location you say you're Minnesota bound, you movin there or something? I just moved there last week, great state.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:29 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Oh yeah. Anna told Dutch about coming across the men that "looked like butchered" (lol).

They must have abandoned that as early as "Predator 2", though, since L.A. is always hot. However, the Aztecs/Mayans existed in the 16th century, only about 500 years ago, which is A LOT more plausible than 4,000 years. There were Aztec symbols, as well as hieroglyphics, which would lead me to believe that the Predators just stumbled upon the temple.

BTW, I used to live in Brooklyn Park, my girlfriend was born in Robbinsdale, and we're movin' back to Coon Rapids/Blaine Oct 1st. big grin

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:47 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote