KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » One Piece

One Piece
Started by: missbloom19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (186): « First ... « 127 128 [129] 130 131 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I like it, it feels very 'blank'. It's nice and thematic.

I suppose it is thematic. I just don't really like it.

With Bleach, Ogichi and Ichigo had the Yin-yang thing going on as far as appearance and Ogichi was actually sorta terrifying. Not because he was strong and crazy but because in many ways he was better than Ichigo. Maybe it's just me but there is a fear of our darker, more sinister half being the better one.

With One Piece, black is the pirate flag while the marine flag is white. Since pirates are for freedom, Kuma being changed to mostly white goes with his lack of freedom. The problem here is that not all of the marines are hardcore controlling jerks that want to get rid of freedom to preserve order. And Kuma's outfit already had a lot of white in it before.

But stuff I guess.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Coby is also sort of receiving training from one of the strongest Marines ever, easily powerful enough to be an Admiral.

And? It would be like Naruto coming back from his timeskip and being better than Asuma because he had a better teacher.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2012 06:13 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Naruto did come back from his timeskip better than Asuma, lol.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2012 06:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

No he didn't.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2012 08:40 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Naruto still had to cheat to get the bell from Kakashi when he returned from the time-skip iirc.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 02:27 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kakashi would murk Asuma with little to no effort, not really seeing your point.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 06:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Personally I view Asuma as a fairly tough fight for him if Kakashi doesn't pull out kamui.

Also, it's a ninja test. You're *supposed* to cheat.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 06:38 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Just pointing out that Naruto wasn't that great at the start of Shippuden. What makes you think he was better than Asuma?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 06:40 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

His fights against the likes of Deidara, the Itachi clone, etc etc

Frankly I see Sakura at the start of part II curbing Asuma as well.

Originally posted by Q99
Also, it's a ninja test. You're *supposed* to cheat.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 06:49 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Didn't Deidara run away for the entire fight?

Sakura probably isn't fast enough. Remember Akuma killed 9 sound ninja is about a second.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 06:58 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nephthys
Didn't Deidara run away for the entire fight?

Asuma would too, if he knew what was good for him.

quote:
Sakura probably isn't fast enough. Remember Akuma killed 9 sound ninja is about a second.
Sakura was fast enough to handle Sasori, even without Chiyo's aid.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 07:07 AM
Q99

Asuma *does* have pretty nice range, though I think melee is his real strength. He's better armed for it than Kakashi.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 07:09 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by NemeBro
His fights against the likes of Deidara, the Itachi clone, etc etc

Frankly I see Sakura at the start of part II curbing Asuma as well.

You mean the guy Naruto couldn't touch until Kakashi tore off his arm, leaving him without anyway to attack Naruto? Naruto did land exactly one hit on him before he casually replaced himself with a clay clone, pwning Naruto like the newb he is.

And the Itachi clone? Man, sure was glad Naruto could fight evenly with him. Good thing it wasn't completely obvious that Itachi had utterly curbstomped him with one finger. And hey, he did manage to kill the clone. All he needed was Kakashi's kage bushin to hold him still.

Whereas Asuma has tagged Kisame with an actual hit on his own terms. He was injured earlier in the confrontation but that was due more towards Shark guys massive strength, not speed. In the area of speed, Asuma was winning. He also fought with Hidan, who is one of the best taijutsu guys in Akatsuki due to that being all he has, only receiving a cut. And while Shikamaru was helping him in part of that exchange, the help was nowhere as useful as the help Naruto received.

Naruto is more destructive but Asuma is fast enough to make that irrelevant.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 10:24 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ceasars ****ing face!

Edit: Law!

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 28th, 2012 at 09:29 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:24 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I want DoFlamingo to kill him so badly lol.

Great feat for Law though. Damn.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:38 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bwaaah!? I thought you liked Law?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:41 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Not in particular lol. I like his design but I find him kinda overrated really.

Also, how does Kinemon know about his son becoming a dragon? I can't really remember that being established. I know he was sad when he cut down that other dragon but it's all a blur.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:46 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Huh, I thought you were his big fan. Must be someone else...

Mocha probably told him. They all met up didn't they?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:49 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

No, he and Brook left the main crowd to deal with the dragon. Chopper and Mocha hadn't met up with them yet.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:50 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Den den mushi?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:51 AM
Q99

Ok, it seems Smoker is roughly on a level with Sanji or a bit more, and Law well outmatches them both.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 11:47 PM