KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « First ... « 159 160 [161] 162 163 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bookluvrxoxo

i doubt jinks is that smart...but (reluctently...jk) i think you're right

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 12:38 AM
bookluvrxoxo is currently offline Click here to Send bookluvrxoxo a Private Message Find more posts by bookluvrxoxo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Is anyone going to post?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 05:53 AM
shadowbreaker is currently offline Click here to Send shadowbreaker a Private Message Find more posts by shadowbreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Jinks is creepy and his story shows that cowardice and crime does not pay (poisoned on a stolen cake... man what a way to go...)

Sorry, I haven't been on lately trying to get a job is hard and my current top fandom is currently on hiatus apparently - meaning I'm experiencing a tad of withdrawal - lol
(I alternate to prevent becoming psychotically obsessed - I have a healthy list to alternate through now.)
In case your wondering the current fandom on my list is 'Avatar the Last Air-bender, and I've spent the last month or so cursing some director for being stindgy about copyright laws in regards to the movie title 'Avatar'.
The two separate movies aren't even set in the same time era, genre or even the same world. So I was getting irritated about it - cause I love Avatar almost as much as DQ. (I swear if someone does this to DQ someone will be in deep Ak-Baba Droppings)
Fortunately for Avatar fans the directors of the cartoon series and the guy producing the live action movie trilogy are very clever and have named the movie/s "The Last Air-bender"
I personally don't see WHY they have to change the title. I mean hell isn't going to have the same audience the other 'Avatar' movie is rated MA or something and I would be surprised if Avatar the Last Air-bender was over PG-13.

Anyway for those who haven't heard of it or have heard of Avatar and not the movie. I would recommend it to DQ fans - for a kids show its actually quite good. AND as they are attempting this I think its a good sign for Live Action DQ.
Pulling 'Avatar the Last Air-bender' off is a step closer to doing DQ justice in a Live Action Saga (Sorry Trilogy fans, don't think they can pull off the entire series in three films - to do DQ justice it has to be a Saga)

Live Action - Avatar the Last Air-bender comes out in 2010.

Also, I'm still going to see that 'Dragonball' Movie no matter how bad it ends up being. Being a faithful follower of the Dragonball Z Series, I'm going to see it for a laugh.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 06:27 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gazzar

dont know if you guys know this allready but apparently ban dai are makeing a dq game for the ds.

is there truth in this?

Old Post May 1st, 2008 02:50 AM
gazzar is currently offline Click here to Send gazzar a Private Message Find more posts by gazzar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasmine2424

wow its been ages since i last posteed a comment sorry its been so long took a trip 2 england (live in aussieland) and have just resently got back and have had no time 2 go on the internet. so much has happened. i would just like 2 say that ds game is comin out but have no idea wen but im certain theres gonna b 1... fingers crossed 4 game nd movie.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 09:34 AM
jasmine2424 is currently offline Click here to Send jasmine2424 a Private Message Find more posts by jasmine2424 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C Teng

yup, a game is definitly coming out [http://www.abc.net.au/sundayprofile...es/s1226076.htm] I don't know about a movie, though... if they will, they haven't even started making it yet, we would've heard about it

Old Post May 4th, 2008 07:14 PM
C Teng is currently offline Click here to Send C Teng a Private Message Find more posts by C Teng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arkenemis1114

Angry

HI everyone!!!!I think it should be a movie but they bettr not jack it up like the eragon one.I HATED IT!!!!!!oh well...But i think their gonna mess it up.evil directors. mad

Old Post May 6th, 2008 02:05 AM
arkenemis1114 is currently offline Click here to Send arkenemis1114 a Private Message Find more posts by arkenemis1114 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

yeah, they r making the ds game - i think we talked about that before... I dont have a ds, but if they release it on xbox or xbox 360 IM DEFINETALY GETTING IT

Old Post May 11th, 2008 03:21 AM
shadowbreaker is currently offline Click here to Send shadowbreaker a Private Message Find more posts by shadowbreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gazzar

also on crunchy they have the first 12 eps, subbed too! just thought you'd like to know.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 03:56 AM
gazzar is currently offline Click here to Send gazzar a Private Message Find more posts by gazzar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bookluvrxoxo

darn...i dont have ds sad

Old Post May 14th, 2008 07:44 PM
bookluvrxoxo is currently offline Click here to Send bookluvrxoxo a Private Message Find more posts by bookluvrxoxo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

I gots my first job

*SQUEEE!!*

Only problem is that though I've been paid for my first week, I can't access my money cause I haven't got an eftpos card. Working on fixing that, just need to wait for it to get here.
Then I finally get my Nintendo DS Happy Dance
Been saving up for almost two years for that stupid console, but with birthdays and Christmas, and everyone's 18th birthday... well you get the picture.
And you know what... DQ on DS may actually be the first thing I pre-order....

Nah, I like laughing at the pre-order line while they are signing off their copy and I'm walking off with my copy.

Seriously, this has happened. Harry Potter Book 7, I asked the nice security guard where the people who hadn't pre-ordered went... and he took me to the front counter in the shop. My six friends who were behind about 50 other people who had pre-ordered like them, death-glared me and I just gave a comedic wave and walked out - I'm cruel I know, but when its freezing cold and you get to leave two hours earlier then anticipated to go home and snuggle up into your nice warm bed and just read for the day - with your Mum bringing you snacks btw... you can see why I laughed. Thank god I didn't have to line up for DQ - Mum worked in a gift registry and held a copy for me in the storeroom big grin

(Finished it in seven hours - and that guy who said he finished it in one is completely mad - I only got up for toilet breaks, as I stocked up on food and water before starting. And all the while Dad would walk in every half hour or 15 mins and say 'Is he dead yet?')

Old Post May 20th, 2008 11:46 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Congrats! I managed to ninja a job around January this year. Hurrah for monies!
I personally don't buy consoles anymore, by the time I scrounge up the cash the PS21 and the XBOX1080 have hit the stores.
Heh, very nice story, cutting the line without consequences FTW!

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:29 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Hey guys,
Been checking all the Japanese websites lately, and I think DQ Anime is currently going through that agonising wait between seasons at the moment. Cause the last episode shown (no.62) was of Lief's 'official' coronation, you know the fancy-pants one that we never heard of that probably happened in-between DQ1 and DQ2 - where the resistance and trio sat around drinking tea and cucumber sandwiches and Sharn assesses Lief on his royal etiquette and what not, the kid will have to make allegiances and all that stuff one day... I mean he is royalty - he doesn't need people thinking that he is some punk kid - who likes jumping head first into a apparent bottomless pit full of knee deep mud (like in cavern of fear). Looks like either the Torans worked on overdrive with their weaving skills or they dug out one of Endon's old outfits. (Personally, I don't think a yellowy-gold cape goes with blond hair but whatever...)
Anyway... from what I've picked up, (from using google translator - I mean come on, they come up as question marks for me, even if I could read japanese, I don't have the option too) It mentions something about Jassie showing what we would know as the early stages of her attitude from Cavern of Fear and that Lief will need to take a wife soon or something. Something translated as 'wife' okay...
My guess is that there will be one of those annoying long and painful waits for fans that last for months like one I'm currently going through right now...(damn you Avatar - we know you've got the next two episodes ready... you showed us polished previews!!! and while your at it put Avatar back on ABC - not everyone has Nickelodeon dammit)

That or they are currently translating the current episodes into English (Please God - be the latter)

*in case you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic about the tea and cucumber sandwiches bit...

Old Post May 24th, 2008 11:09 AM
Jasmine Mahony

HELLO I'm new too this, but there is no doupt that I've read Deltora! It is my Favourite seris and I think they should make a movie out of them.
I've read tonnes of books but I always have time for them. I've got them all. I love Deltora and right after I read the books I dreamt of being tin the movie. Strange. I have a lot of dreams about Deltora. As if I've once been there...
Any way I read half your responses before joining up and I couldn't bother reading every single one! still They should make Deltora a movie and there this thing who ever like too know on this site where you contact the author by sending comments. I've sent a few but it takes a while and she hasn't replied back too me yet.
My favourite charater is Jasmine and Kree. And I live in the sunshine state of Australia. That info just too avoid saying later!
Bye for now!

Your front door Key
Find its mate
Upon the gate
Turn it full
Push, don't pull!

Old Post May 26th, 2008 09:41 AM
Jasmine Mahony is currently offline Click here to Send Jasmine Mahony a Private Message Find more posts by Jasmine Mahony Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

kay know its been a while, but hey guys... finally got to see episode 13 and 14 it's a two parter... (only 13 had subtitles) they cut the bit where they hide under the water from the ak-baba so they can get lief to tell jassie about Jarred and Endon. As its been told from Lief's point of view... well, he's just revising what his dad told him. They kept the bear poem... and the little code thing that endon and jarred did...
And sharn still pushes prandine out the window. Endon's face is priceless when she does that... true to the first half off the book just about. few changes because of the adaption from book to anime but otherwise I give it a 9/10 in regards to accuacy (visually anyway... can't say much for dialogue for episode 14)

Plus a nice expecting mothers bonding moment near the end to wrap things up. So that was just cute...

Last edited by Elanna Riddle on Jun 7th, 2008 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 09:29 AM
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Hey guys, I hazn't posted in a while, Assignments, assignments, assignments. I HATE HIGH SCHOOL. The dq ds isn't out yet, but you can always get the ds. Better still-
Get this: Did you know that you can get a ds emulator on your computer? Your mouse is the stylus, and you a change what computer keys are a, b, r and l. You can download every single ds game for free when they come out! I got it on my computer, and the first thing I looked for is dq. However, it looks like there was only the jap version, which probably had no english subs for the story. So unless you pre-order it, dq isn't out yet!
Congrats on your first job, Elanna. the thing is, I'm only 14 and some of my friends have already got a job! Weird!
Oh, and welcome, new fellow.
So bookslover, get a ds emulater for dq. Go to google and type in (frozen roms) and it will give you the site. (dont go in the german one, mind). Follow the links, its quite simple. Youve gotta download the emulater first, so go to the ds emulater link on the site
Any how, cya

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 12:51 AM
gazzar

@ Elanna grats on the job, may i ask what industry your in?
also enjoy having the money now, because once you start getting bills, like overpriced petrol for your car, car maintenance, phone bill, Internet bill... you end up being paid one day and giving all your money away the next day lol not fun.
also its good that they are keeping fairly close to the story.

@ craft lol thats so true about the ps and xbox.

@ jasmine lol another banana bender ay ;p

@ shadowbreaker probly not the best idea to talk about illegally dwnloading a ds emulator for a number of reasons, first its illegal and second it breaks the rules of this forum.

i like the fact that there are enough fans of dq which know japanese and are willing to sub it for us (if it was me i probly wouldnt(but then again i am a lazy bum lol)) i think im going to wait for the first series to be completely subbed before i watch it as i dont like watching half a season then having to wait ages for the new eps.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 07:35 AM
deltoraquest4ev

i know i quit watching cause of always the long hold up,they subbed episode in case you didnt know

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 01:07 AM
deltoraquest4ev is currently offline Click here to Send deltoraquest4ev a Private Message Find more posts by deltoraquest4ev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deltoraquest4ev

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 01:08 AM
deltoraquest4ev is currently offline Click here to Send deltoraquest4ev a Private Message Find more posts by deltoraquest4ev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Oi!
I dont think that the emulator is illegal, gazzar
And deltoraquest4ev, i'm gonna post on your thred soon...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 11:57 PM