KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters

Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

your right dude... though several of the xmen if expanded upon could make for great comics (not solo ones, like, as a team)

i never read deadpool erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Colossus could stand on his own. If you disagree read "God's Country", it's really good.

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:46 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

he could, i don't dispute that, he rocks... though personally i like what they're doing with astonishing xmen, just using a small team, gives everyone a chance to shine...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anarchynerd
earth cadet

so what should they do to be fair to colossus? what is it that you think supposedly makes people question how tough he is?

ive never heard anyone call colossus less than immaculate. who have you heard speaking ill of him? do you mean they make him seem too weak actually IN the comics or do you just mean folks badmouth him online?

what are they basing it on? cause as far as i know, he's only been in one marvel universe storyarc (whedon's) since "dream's end."

if im getting your message right, and you are saying youve heard people say colossus is less than unbelievably tough, you show me who and we can fistfight 'em.

and to the reed richards fan up there, did you read paradise x? that guy finally gets his due as the hero of about the most epic story ever told by marvel. the back story they give for the FF in earth x is also, well... fantastic. i bet he gets a lot of recognition after the new movie too. (it looks awesome)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 01:22 AM
anarchynerd is currently offline Click here to Send anarchynerd a Private Message Find more posts by anarchynerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by anarchynerd
so what should they do to be fair to colossus? what is it that you think supposedly makes people question how tough he is?

ive never heard anyone call colossus less than immaculate. who have you heard speaking ill of him? do you mean they make him seem too weak actually IN the comics or do you just mean folks badmouth him online?

what are they basing it on? cause as far as i know, he's only been in one marvel universe storyarc (whedon's) since "dream's end."

if im getting your message right, and you are saying youve heard people say colossus is less than unbelievably tough, you show me who and we can fistfight 'em.

and to the reed richards fan up there, did you read paradise x? that guy finally gets his due as the hero of about the most epic story ever told by marvel. the back story they give for the FF in earth x is also, well... fantastic. i bet he gets a lot of recognition after the new movie too. (it looks awesome)

i'm talking about how colossus has got his upgrade and we've yet to see him whip some serious ass... on a grand scale...

in the days of portacios run on uncanny he was the shit, he'd be tearing apart sentinels with his bare hands and fighting his brother and everythin... when the 90s came around he went missing big time (even before his death), he was so underused imo...

trust me, i'm as big colossus fan as any on kmc, i just feel marvel left him out in the cold big time... i wanna see just how strong he really is, thats all...

and visit the vs forum... you wouldnt believe some of they opponents people are saying could beat him...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 01:33 AM
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey pr1983 I'm sorry, my comment was directed to the others because you and I both agree. Also Cyclops is ragged on too often, give the guy a break, he's team leader for God's sake.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 01:50 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by David Duchovony
Also Cyclops is ragged on too often, give the guy a break, he's team leader for God's sake.

your preachin to the choir dude...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 01:59 AM
anarchynerd
earth cadet

i loved the arc with colossus' brother.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 02:09 AM
anarchynerd is currently offline Click here to Send anarchynerd a Private Message Find more posts by anarchynerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

People try to criticize your taste. If you don't adhere to convention or like the heroes everybody else does you get ridiculed like you are the character. I hate when people do that. I find myself always having to defend underrated heroes and as pathetic and corny as that sounds...ahh screw it, I'm a pathetic person.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 02:10 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by David Duchovony
People try to criticize your taste. If you don't adhere to convention or like the heroes everybody else does you get ridiculed like you are the character. I hate when people do that. I find myself always having to defend underrated heroes and as pathetic and corny as that sounds...ahh screw it, I'm a pathetic person.

i'm the same, my top 2 from both stables are cyclops, colossus, batman and supes... its tiring...

i loved the mikhail arc too...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 02:14 AM
The Flash
Faster Than You

quote:
Originally posted by anarchynerd

Is it an old issue? Next time I'm in the comic shop I'll be sure to check it out.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 06:31 AM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Over rated: Superman

Under rated: Punisher & Daredevil

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 03:59 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

firstly, superman is dc... and how is he overrated...

agree with the dd part though...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 04:47 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

underrated:
Howard the duck

he knows kwack fu!!!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 04:50 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You need to read Deadpool, PR.

Funniest comics and character ever, very good stories also.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 04:50 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreatMuta
The Natural Born Master

Overrated:
Superman
Wolverine

Underrated:
Vision
Gambit ?

I think Batman is safe only because he has withstood the test of time. Bad movies bad stories but alas he has a wide spread appeal. And yes he has jobbed a couple of times here or there to put over a story or 2

Superman is just that and i will not start on him because it has been done to death!.........Dude lose a few fights even just for helping out a villan's stock market value.....ok maybe not

Dare i mention the name Juggernaut......nah!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 07:26 PM
GreatMuta is currently offline Click here to Send GreatMuta a Private Message Find more posts by GreatMuta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guys I just plain hate:
Cyclops (he gets Jean Grey grrr)

Overrated:
Wolverine

Underrated:
Robin (the amount of crap people put on this guy....)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 08:47 PM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You need to read Deadpool, PR.

Funniest comics and character ever, very good stories also.

-AC

i had planned to dl it before my site bit the dust... i'll be sure to keep trying though, ive heard nothing but good things...

new invaders is pretty sweet though...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 12:02 AM
bakerboy

Overrated: Doom, doom and doom. And mainly,doom.

Also wolverine, captain america or gambit.

Underrated: the thing, iron man , powerman, iron fist.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 06:23 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Most overated:

Wolverine & Gambit are tied

Underated:

The Green Lantern Corps. They need their own cartoon show.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 11:59 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote