KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can go 1-on-1 with a Predator?

Who can go 1-on-1 with a Predator?
Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rocky Balboa would ruckus.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 12:28 AM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArekExcelsior2

As much as I hate to jump on the Wolverine bandwagon: There's something to be said for minor superhuman strength, a regenerative factor and insane willpower. Batman is tied: People forget that he's a master martial artist who could teach the average Predator a lesson.

Then again, I think Predators are grossly overrated, so hey.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 11:03 AM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

heres the thing. The predators hunters of the universe. Unknown intelligence, unkown everything else, except that they are intelligent and good at just aobut everything else. There is very little reason why the Predator should and would lose to many of the opponents that they are faced with. However, predator is just bait in comic vs crossovers, they wil always lose against any and everyone they are faced with excluding the aliens. Whenever you see a predator comic out there agaisnt jubilee, or tarzan. Dont read it, you know they are going to lose, even when there is no reason for it.

Batman actually has a chance, because he is a hunter of his own type. Batman always over estimates his opponents. Batman relys on strategy over everything else.

If gren arrow misses with his first two shots, or doesnt get fatal shots h loses. this is even assuming that the green arrow spots the predator first. green arrow has the least amount of chance here.

Wolverine has a 50/50 chance. We all know wolvy can dodge a few cannon blasts, but he relys on close quaters combat. pitting a predator and wolverine in close quaters fighting gives both equal chance of winning.

Daredevil and captain america rely on the same technique wolverine does, but they dont have adamantium claws or healing factor. they lose.

Punisher has a chance if he doesnt get blown up in his van of tricks first.

Blade has a chance, becuse he is batman without strategy, but with superhuman strength. This gives a more equal one on one fight. Again these two both have equal chance of winning whn pitted against each other.

Batman has the best chance, not because he beat the predator before in two cheap ass comics though

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 01:53 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
Batman (w/utility belt) can beat ANYONE!!

It doesnt need explaining. He's BATMAN

Batman = invincible ?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:30 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Good match up this - good spread of characters and some nice even fights - top notch!

Batman could win - he's Batman. He has the best chance of anyone here. He'd pull out some anti-invisibilty spray from his belt and lob a homing-explosive bat-a-rang, lol.

Blade - he'd give it a good go. I can see him dodging the Pred's claws and then slicing it up big-style with his katana.

Cap has some serious strength going for him - and PlasmaCaster/Blades/Spears are useless against his almighty shield. Plus, he's a fantastic martial artist. I give him a decent chance.

Daredevil's athletic and skillful - but he doesn't have the strenght to damage the Pred. He'd eventually wear down and get skewered.

Logan would murder a Predator. He has unbreakable bones, razor sharp foot long claws and he can heal superquickly from any wound....

Never read Green Arrow or Punisher, so I'll keep quiet about them.

I love these gritty down to earth battles with good honest street-level characters, don't you?

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:44 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Batman could win - he's Batman.

Lol, another Batman will win because he's Batman.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:47 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

He is! He's super-smart, massively adaptable to any situation, never comes unprepared, has vast vast resources of money and technology to call upon, master of many martial arts, physically almost perfect for a human... the list goes on.

When people say Batman is Batman - it's a short way of saying all the above lol.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:53 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

As long as we aren't talking about some unber Pred like Broken Tusk then every one of these guys should win handedly; it isn't like Preds bring anything to the table that these guys haven't faced before.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 06:59 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Venom.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 07:06 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

u guys r dumb hella people can beat predator carnage, ironman, any xmen, scarlet witch, shatterstar, cable and to many more people

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 08:17 PM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dominic/wolf
the alpha mutant

logan would kill a predes all of them hail logan

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 09:09 PM
dominic/wolf is currently offline Click here to Send dominic/wolf a Private Message Find more posts by dominic/wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Originally posted by black wolverine
u guys r dumb hella people can beat predator carnage, ironman, any xmen, scarlet witch, shatterstar, cable and to many more people

Get your grammar right, then we'll talk

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 10:59 PM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArekExcelsior2

Daredevil maybe, but Captain America IS a superhuman. With an indestructible boomerang shield. Frankly, I think anyone with sufficient psychic or magical wherewithal or the ability to see the Predator and take advantage of that brief bit of overconfidence can win.

Unfortunately, yeah, Predator v [anyone with a fanbase] will never end with a Predator victory. Then again, that's because it's just "random adult Predator". What if we were to assume a badass "special" Predator, like Starfire is a badass "special" Tameranian? Then I give them more of a benefit of the doubt. Still, a lot of people can humiliate a Predator. For one thing, they're not used to things that can, in and of themselves, at human size, lift 10+ tons. I think that means that anyone with Class 10 or higher strength who can also take a few shots from high technology just wins a battle of attrition.

Bear in mind that Arnie Schwarzenegger beat a Predator. That's assuming no superhuman powers whatsoever, simply good training. (Then again, Predators typically are sporting... They might just have hidden arsenals to deal with REALLY nasty foes. Hence my "super badass" Predator theory. Imagine a Yautja innovator on the lines of Tony Stark. Mmmm...)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 11:24 PM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by ArekExcelsior2
Daredevil maybe, but Captain America IS a superhuman. With an indestructible boomerang shield. Frankly, I think anyone with sufficient psychic or magical wherewithal or the ability to see the Predator and take advantage of that brief bit of overconfidence can win.

Unfortunately, yeah, Predator v [anyone with a fanbase] will never end with a Predator victory. Then again, that's because it's just "random adult Predator". What if we were to assume a badass "special" Predator, like Starfire is a badass "special" Tameranian? Then I give them more of a benefit of the doubt. Still, a lot of people can humiliate a Predator. For one thing, they're not used to things that can, in and of themselves, at human size, lift 10+ tons. I think that means that anyone with Class 10 or higher strength who can also take a few shots from high technology just wins a battle of attrition.

Bear in mind that Arnie Schwarzenegger beat a Predator. That's assuming no superhuman powers whatsoever, simply good training. (Then again, Predators typically are sporting... They might just have hidden arsenals to deal with REALLY nasty foes. Hence my "super badass" Predator theory. Imagine a Yautja innovator on the lines of Tony Stark. Mmmm...)

Or we just look at the fact that they are supposed to be fighting all out (Read the forum rules) and understand that the speargun WILL remove the limbs from any of these oomans. Being that they love skulls, it'll be their cranium the hunter collects. END OF STORY.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 11:51 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

WOLVERINE BY FAR, HIS BERSERK RAGE ALONE HAD HELPED HIM BEAT OF SOME THE TOUGHEST HEROES AND VILLIANS. WHEN THAT PREDATOR SEE THOSE CLAWS AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO, THE PREDATOR WILL ACTIVEATE HIS SELF DESTRUCT WEAPON. AND BLOW HIMSELF UP.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 12:02 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by the Darkone
WOLVERINE BY FAR, HIS BERSERK RAGE ALONE HAD HELPED HIM BEAT OF SOME THE TOUGHEST HEROES AND VILLIANS. WHEN THAT PREDATOR SEE THOSE CLAWS AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO, THE PREDATOR WILL ACTIVEATE HIS SELF DESTRUCT WEAPON. AND BLOW HIMSELF UP.

Why don't you move your finger... oh let's say... an inch or so to the left and turn OFF the 'Caps Lock' key, just to save yourself the embaressment of looking stupid. Second, why don't you pick up a Predator related comic/novel/game and see that Predators have more than the nessecary tools to take out Wolverine.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 12:23 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Originally posted by Nataku8188
Why don't you move your finger... oh let's say... an inch or so to the left and turn OFF the 'Caps Lock' key, just to save yourself the embaressment of looking stupid. Second, why don't you pick up a Predator related comic/novel/game and see that Predators have more than the nessecary tools to take out Wolverine.

Hehe, well put indeed.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 12:27 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

DON'T BE DISRESPECTFUL YOU DON'T NOW ME. AND WATCH YOURSELF BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. GROW UP

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 12:37 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArekExcelsior2

All right, all out skills. Doesn't mean that they've brought all their weapons. But then again, we have to note that someone's very mentality can be a weakness. If they get all the benefits from their hunter mindset, strikes me that it unfairly boosts them to just wish away the penalties at the same time. That having been said, I still think Cappie, Batman and Wolvie, if not anyone else, could take a Pred. They're better than Arnie, for God's sakes.

Seriously, though, hear me out on the Super-Predator theory. Strikes me that the Predator gene may be about 50% as mutation-prone as human genes. But looking at X-Men and DC canon (particularly Static Shock), we see that a ton of people either don't know they have powers, are afraid to use them, use them in subtle ways or get killed before they can develop them. Human societies in some ways reward conformity. Predators, on the other hand, would have no such limitation: If a Predator has a mutation, the society would not only not punish it, but encourage it.

So, even if a superhuman beats a normal Predator, I'd daresay that an array of super-Predators (think an analog to the Flash, Cyclops, etc. etc.) would show up to test their mettle against the only foes that can challenge em. THAT sounds to me like a fun battle.

This isn't to mention superhuman Predators created by exposure to stellar energy, chemicals, radiation, meteors, whatever the heck have you.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:03 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Brock Samson could take them all.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:06 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote