KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Review and Confirmation Thread

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Review and Confirmation Thread
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
Genis Vells powers were used in a universe recreation, but it was only a fraction of what was actually needed. Plus with Druids mind, he has sort of a handicap on how to use his Nega Bands and his natural abilities.

yeah.... i used to read Captain Marvel when it relaunched .... it took over a years worth of issues before he really got the hang of those bands.... Druid will be an amatuer with them

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:00 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

if you have a telepath, then do you have to make yout character have the mind of him in order to have the teleathic powers?

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:08 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
if you have a telepath, then do you have to make yout character have the mind of him in order to have the teleathic powers?

no.... you still have the telepathic power with a different mind.... you just don't have the experience or skill of the original

like how i've got Thor's hammer with Quasar's mind.... i'm still able to use the hammer (unlike regular Quasar) but i don't have the same skill as Thor

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:14 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I kinda like the idea of only having one "mind". It adds an extra dimension of strategy...I'll post my character in a second...

-DM

P.S. Not sure about Damage...wish I knew more, but if he does anything above-herald, we can call him out on it.

P.P.S. If possible, I'd vote for 15 minutes of prep instead of an hour. The Flash types can run wild with learning and prep in an hour.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Here we go...

General Zod + "The Sun King" + Loki =

General Kinky!
General Zod - powers/outer armor
Apollo - body/powers
Loki - mind/powers

Best name ever Scoob...but I like mine as a close second.

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:52 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Best name ever Scoob...but I like mine as a close second.

lol..... the truth is i was trying to come up with something super-heroic and nothing sounded right... Wally the Quantum God Boy, Quathor the Quick, Thorzar - Lord of the Speed Force... etc, etc......

then as i was typing in the body/power bit i just shoved in the next thing that came to mind.... hell, I like it anyway

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:11 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

What are the rules as to changing a previously chosen character?

Old Post May 1st, 2005 03:25 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

No offence Evangel...... but this tournament would be a lot more interesting if the characters were fully aware of what they were capable of...... any chance of making a slight alteration towards that?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 03:52 AM
stormfront13

i hope so cause i picked the characters for their powers, now i can't really use them lol

Old Post May 1st, 2005 03:58 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Deathurge was out huh?
ok

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...book/search.php
absorbing man

AM - Body , powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:03 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gautam

Dr. Cain Kallark

Dr. Fate - Magical abilities, mind, powers

Juggernaut - powers, duribility, body

Gladiator - powers, speed, reflexes

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:13 AM
gautam is currently offline Click here to Send gautam a Private Message Find more posts by gautam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

you can't pick one persons mind, anothers body then have the reflexes of the third.....reflexes are a mix of mind and body....... i'd go as far to say they fall completely under the "body" catagory

i'm sure you can have his basic speed as a part of his powers.... reflexes are just a little different.... it may only be a case of semantics

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:57 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Personally, I'd like to represent all of us who want to have one persons mind and another fighting ability by saying, fighting ability is mostly just physical memory, not mental. You don't think a lot when you do kicks and stuff, your muscles are just used to doing these things and remember how to do them.

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 03:18 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

it may be called "muscle memory" ..... but it's still just a subconscious mental response to a threat.... try attacking a martial artist in a coma.... i bet you could beat the crap out of them no problem

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 03:22 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by Scoobless
it may be called "muscle memory" ..... but it's still just a subconscious mental response to a threat.... try attacking a martial artist in a coma.... i bet you could beat the crap out of them no problem

No way, they'll totaly kick your ass. Especially JP, he's the best coma-ninja ever.

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:06 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'd also reiterate my vote for only one "mind and body" rather than knowing everything that all three know. It makes it more interesting, and gives us some hard choices to make (especially the Flash-people stick out tongue ). And for any of the teams, certain advantages and/or disadvantages happen based on whose mind is controlling the character. It'll add a few weaknesses to what are otherwise all uber-powerhouse characters.

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:10 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I agree with Digi. My guy has incalculable power within his physical body, and his nega bands. But he has the mind of a magician, so he's sort of at a handicap.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:16 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I'd also reiterate my vote for only one "mind and body" rather than knowing everything that all three know. It makes it more interesting, and gives us some hard choices to make (especially the Flash-people stick out tongue ).

i'd say it was a harder situation for the magic people....... whoevers mind is in control in a "Flash" person get access to the powers of that person..... if he moves fast then the mind works the same as the Flash's mind...... it's part of the power to function at those speeds

the magic people on the other hand ie. Dr Strange, have to put him in the drivers seat or all of his magical knowledge becomes useless

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:23 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Good point. So it makes some tough decisions for almost everbody (since nearly everyone has either a magic-user or a Flash). But I like the extra dimension of strategy that it adds. And besides, I made my team with these rules in mind...if we switched to "everyone's mind is together" it would throw some of my plans off for fighting other teams.

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:27 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Good point. So it makes some tough decisions for almost everbody (since nearly everyone has either a magic-user or a Flash). But I like the extra dimension of strategy that it adds. And besides, I made my team with these rules in mind...if we switched to "everyone's mind is together" it would throw some of my plans off for fighting other teams.

-DM

yeah..... i don't know if the whole "use one mind only" was a rule at the start..... i was a little surprised when i heard it in this thread....... but i think i can handle it..... some may have a tougher time

K Von Doom for instance has a magic user and Martian Manhunter..... he'd need to put the magic guys mind in charge, but he loses out on MM's skill and experience with telepathy and control of his molecules

stormfront13 has two magic users.... so she loses some power there

it'll be a balancing act for most of us

get some....

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:42 PM