KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe while your guy is in the Bands of Cyttorak I will say this just to piss him off.
""You're a lunatic, a religious maniac, a bad idea. You should have been stamped out at birth. And, in the end, you're a failure""

When druid was killed by Nekra she said it, this time will piss him off even more.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:12 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

The only reason why my mind went temporary insane is because of Ravonna. She had mental control of my Druid's mind for a short while, but he eventually broke free of her mental powers. I'm not insane in this match.

quote:
Doctor Druid possesses a number of yogic physical powers. He has control over the involuntary functions of his body, such as his heartbeat, respiration, bleeding, and reaction to pain. He has also developed certain mental powers generally classified as psionic (utilizing an unknown form of energy generated by the mind). Druid has great telepathic capacity, enabling him to broadcast and receive thoughts. He is able to scan virtually any mind or project his thoughts to anyone on Earth, provided he knows where to reach the mind he seeks. By means of hypnosis, Druid is able to achieve a number of illusory effects: invisibility, power-bolts, transformation, sudden materialization, etc.

I will also project false thoughts into your head, thus you assume you have already defeated me. Then when you gloat about your victory, I channel the remainder of my energy into your body, causing a fatal absorption on your part. Your character explodes, and this time he stays dead.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:24 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
The only reason why my mind went temporary insane is because of Ravonna. She had mental control of my Druid's mind for a short while, but he eventually broke free of her mental powers. I'm not insane in this match.

I will also project false thoughts into your head, thus you assume you have already defeated me. Then when you gloat about your victory, I channel the remainder of my energy into your body, causing a fatal absorption on your part. Your character explodes, and this time he stays dead.

Druid was insane until the day he died. He never broke free,. He wasn't capable of controling his power, it drove him insane.
Read the comic where nekra shot him, he's slobbering and talking to himself before he knows she was there.

You can not project anything into my mind, you may be a born telepath but i am a master telepath/illusion caster via the Eye. The Eye grants me the power to see through ANYONES illustion. I.E Cyttorak.

With the eye of aggaroth(aggaroth is a god not unlike cyttorak),
I will read your mind while you are incapacitated, I will see through any illusion you create.

Steve never takes his field down in a fight with someone who is a bit stronger than he is. i.e Gladiator.

Lets not forget that Druids magic is nearly unoperational when near small bits of iron, surely my WHOLE body being made of iron will effect it more, right?

I won't gloat, i was joking. Wasn't the most sportsmanlike thing ive ever done, but i was only joking. i apologize.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 10th, 2005 at 05:39 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:35 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

You are good at debating longpig, but you fail to understand that I have a slight advantage over you. The only thing you got on me is your magic is greater than mines. Magic is so vague, how can you possibly defeat a Superman clone, with the nega bands bolstering the rest of his powers? With the energy from the nega bands bolstering my strength, speed, and resilience, how can you win. Barry isn't as fast as Wally. My body can fly near the speed of light without bolstering his speed with energy from the nega bands. With it, I'm just as fast or faster than your character.

You think you can battle me in astral form? I will be able to see you with my cosmic awareness and you are vulnerable to heat in astral form. My heat vision bolstered by a little energy from the nega bands will create temperatures fatal to you, even in your astral form. It might not even last that long if you go into astral form, your spirit leaves your body, thus leaving your physical body unprotected. I will find your body using my telepathy/cosmic awareness, and I will destroy your physical body, thus causing you to die.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:38 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
You are good at debating longpig

Thanks.

quote:
The only thing you got on me is your magic is greater than mines. Magic is so vague, how can you possibly defeat a Superman clone,

Huge Magic advantage AND an IRON BODY makes druid worthless here.

Can magic beat a superman clone? yep. Supreme and Supermans second greatest weakness IS MAGIC.

quote:
You think you can battle me in astral form

Nope, don't want to.

quote:
. My heat vision bolstered by a little energy from the nega bands will create temperatures fatal to you

Maybe if it touches me, which it will not due to my shield. Gladiator's heat vision didn't get through, neither will yours.

Don't forget that you will fall into the forgetful stupor of the Forgetfulness spell, you are a mid-level telepath, and your mind will take longer to make you totally stupified, but slowly you will fall into a stupor.
And this will make your body slower and your mind slower, concentration goes out the window and you get trapped by my Unbreakable Bands of Cyttorak.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:45 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Spell of forgetfulness:
Make me forget I'm fighting? Won't work, thanks to mental blocks, telepathy, and excellent control over my mind and body.

quote:
Too bad youre insane, and cannot concentrait like you used to. You will forget.

I'm not insane in this match.

quote:
Doctor Druid possesses a number of yogic physical powers. He has control over the involuntary functions of his body, such as his heartbeat, respiration, bleeding, and reaction to pain.

How can I be insane when I have a complete control of my body. Spell of Forgetfulness will not work due to the mental blocks, and the superior concentration my character has compared to yours.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:50 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Tourney's are fun.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:50 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I'm not insane in this match.

Yes, you are. You went mad half the way through your whole evil career. You can't pick and choose through a character and pick only the most appealing part. When Druid was at his most powerful, he was insane. When he wasn't insane he wasn't very powerful.
The amount of power he had drove him insane.

Even if you were not insane, you are ONLY a mid level telepath at most, your blocks aren't strong enough to block the Eye of Agmatto.

quote:
How can I be insane when I have a complete control of my body. Spell of Forgetfulness will not work due to the mental blocks, and the superior concentration my character has compared to yours

Insanity of the mind, you still have complete control of DR DRUIDS body, not supremes. And in this fight you dont have Druids body.

You don't have superior concentration to Steve Strange, if you did you wouldnt be considered a watered down weak version of dr strange.

The spell will work on you, you will lose concentration and you will be unable to block my spell. I'm not too sure you could block it with full concentration. You're a mid level telepath, The Eye makes Steve a very high level telepath, therefore i can undo anything you do in your mind WITH full concentration, that you very well know you have lost due to insanity.

Tournaments are fun, the last one i did was Inferno, and it took so long.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 10th, 2005 at 06:04 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:01 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Unbreakable Bands Of Cytorrak!!! Pfftt... Unbreakable huh?

quote:
The Hulk broke out of the Crimson Bands in Incredible Hulk #450. Namor the Sub-Mariner broke them on land in Marvel Team-Up V2 #8.

If these two could do it, I don't see why my character can't. I'll be nice and use Moore's version of Supreme's body. Even Moore's Supreme is just as strong or even stronger than post crisis Superman. I'll easily break out of your "Unbreakable Bands"

smile

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:04 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

[B]Unbreakable Bands Of Cytorrak!!! Pfftt... Unbreakable huh?

If these two could do it, I don't see why my character can't. I'll be nice and use Moore's version of Supreme's body. Even Moore's Supreme is just as strong or even stronger than post crisis Superman. I'll easily break out of your "Unbreakable Bands"]

The Bands are only as strong as the spell that casted them.

There are varying degrees of strength of certian spells, and can be used for different reasons, I'll just use the most powerful.

And the most powerful is 100% unbreakable by physical strength.

Oh, and if you want to use moores, well...Moore's Supreme wasn't strong enough to beat Crypt, who is like Deathstroke light.
Crypt, who only has enhanced strength literally BROKE Supreme in HALF. LITTERALLY. One peice there, another peice over there.

Check out Crypts bio, he is hardly worth mentioning. Yet he broke Supreme in half http://www.weirdspace.dk/Rob%20Liefeld/Crypt.htm

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 10th, 2005 at 06:13 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:06 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will admit, you have a strength advantage.
Your guy is above my guy, but not by a HUGE amount.

Thats why I won't consider fist fighting you, especially when i don't have to.
Strange has taken down people stronger than you by himself, without being touched. I will do the same.

The crimson bands of cyttorak have varying degrees of strength, if you use a low powered spell, it can be broken by hulk, if you use a high powered spell, no one except a magic user ABOVE cyttorak can break them, including Galactus.

Using barry's light speed and Strange's nigh unbreakable shield is going to keep me away from you and any of your attacks long enough to do all of this.

The Bands appear instantly, they don't need tons of time to materialize.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 10th, 2005 at 06:38 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:32 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I was being nice.

quote:
Let's see... Crypt was a future evil version of Prophet. Sort of Warlock/Magus from Marvel's original Warlock series and Infinity War. He worked for Lord Chapel, a demon version of Chapel created when Chapel committed suicide to get a deal with the Devil like Al Simmons had. Lord Chapel hired Crypt to kill the heroes connected with Alexander Graves who was in reality Lucifer, the Devil that Chapel made the deal with... and that's all he did in Extreme Sacrifice until Prophet killed him.

Crypt's powers and equipment are not magical, only technologically advanced. The Crypt series establish Crypt as being from the future and fills out some of the blanks about both Crypt and Judas. For a continiuty freak like me it's an important series, especially due to the research I do for the biographies on my site, but as a story for entertainment it's crap.

If you want to read a good story with Crypt, I can recommend the Cable/Prophet cross-over. The story is well written and they got the power levels correct.

Crypt would kill Deathstroke.

Light version of Deathstroke? I actually thought of him as a better Deathstroke. I mean, he was stopping Supreme's punches, showing considerable skill and impressive strength. True, it wasn't the original Supreme, but still. He still wasn't a push over. It say at least some superhuman strength and pretty impressive durability, him and Supreme left a five mile path of destruction through the city they fought in. Pffftt. in Deathstroke's league, my a$$. But my original link is the original Supreme, and much more powerful than Moore's Supreme. smile He will break the Bands of Cytorrak. He will empower himself with energy from the nega bands and proceed to kick your a$$. Along with my well conditoned body, and telepathic mind, I don't need Druidic spells or magic to beat you.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:37 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was being nice.

Crypt would kill Deathstroke.

Light version of Deathstroke? I actually thought of him as a better Deathstroke. I mean, he was stopping Supreme's punches, showing considerable skill and impressive strength. True, it wasn't the original Supreme, but still. He still wasn't a push over. It say at least some superhuman strength and pretty impressive durability, him and Supreme left a five mile path of destruction through the city they fought in. Pffftt. in Deathstroke's league, my a$$. But my original link is the original Supreme, and much more powerful than Moore's Supreme. smile He will break the Bands of Cytorrak. He will empower himself with energy from the nega bands and proceed to kick your a$$. Along with my well conditoned body, and telepathic mind, I don't need Druidic spells or magic to beat you.

lol, I know. Thanks.

So now you aren't using Moore's version?

Your telepathic mind is only mid-level, not enough to block Steve with the Eye of Aggaroth.

Druid is no prof x, he is no Jean, he is more like a white queen.
Not nearly enough telepathy to block my spells backed by me tampering with your mind via Aggaroth. You will slowing fall prey to the spell of forgetfulness, and when it starts, it doesnt stop till you are stupified.

Your guy will not get out of the Bands. Ever.
Supreme/nega bands aren't better than Galactus.
A full powered spell casting the Bands of Cyttorak can hold anyone for as long as they are there.
100% unbreakable by physical force.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:47 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I encase my body with the remainder of my energy from nega bands thus empowering me to levels that will rival the most powerful herald, not surpassing his power, but equal to it, and I proceed to attack your mind with telepathic power-bolts disorienting you long enough to fly at you full speed shattering your shield with brute force coupled with energy from the nega bands, and instantly killing you on contact with your flesh. As soon as I hit your body, your body will naturally begin to absorb the energy killing you instantly due to the sheer magnitude of the blast.

It's done. You are nothing but a memory. I congratulate you for being a good opponent. I'm going to sleep now, I'll finish this battle in the morning.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:49 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Namor and Hulk broke out of it. If they can, so can I. smile

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:50 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Namor and Hulk broke out of it. If they can, so can I. smile

Question: were they being cast by Dr. Strange?

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:03 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I encase my body with the remainder of my energy from nega bands thus empowering me to levels that will rival the most powerful herald, not surpassing his power, but equal to it, and I proceed to attack your mind with telepathic power-bolts disorienting you long enough to fly at you full speed shattering your shield with brute force coupled with energy from the nega bands, and instantly killing you on contact with your flesh. As soon as I hit your body, your body will naturally begin to absorb the energy killing you instantly due to the sheer magnitude of the blast.

It's done. You are nothing but a memory. I congratulate you for being a good opponent. I'm going to sleep now, I'll finish this battle in the morning.

haha, nice try.

Strength level of the most powerful herald = 100 level.
If Galactus can not break through a high powered Crimson Band spell, your guy will never be able to do it, especially if your guy is succumbing <sp?> to the spell of forgetfullness, which he will.

Druids mind is already shattered and broken due to his insanity.
Add that to the fact he is in a new body, and my spell of forgetfulness, he will become a slobbering jabbering mess of maddness very very fast.

Not a chance, gave ya too much when i went over the 1 page mark.
Now im just being charitable.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:03 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Khellendros

Doesn't matter.
It wasn't a fully powered spell. Obviously.

I g2g to bed too.
Lets finish it tomorrow aight?
Good debate so far! youre better than i was hoping smile

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:06 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Khellendros

Yes. I assume that the Crimson Bands are not unbreakable, and that the upper echelon of the Marvel Universe in physical power like the Hulk, Thor and Namor can break them. It's a testament to Doc's power and willpower that he can cast a spell able to constrain almost all beings. Galactus must have been really weak when he couldn't escape the Cytorrak bands.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:09 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Good night longpig.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:10 AM