KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Scoobless vs K Von Doom (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Scoobless vs K Von Doom (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Well Scoob, I was just going by what it said on the website that you provided. It says Quasar has to concentrate to operate a pair of quantum scissors. I don't like it either but that's what it says.

i just looked over that site.... it's a couple of years out of date (didn't realise) i'll try to find another one

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 11:14 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

A strong enough shield powered by TK or what not would keep Quaz's energy from passing through.

And even if it was magic based totally, it'd still not surely it'd work.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 12:37 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by long pig
A strong enough shield powered by TK or what not would keep Quaz's energy from passing through.

And even if it was magic based totally, it'd still not surely it'd work.

it's quantum energy + mystical energy + absorbed ambient energy + absorbed energy from any assault on Thordon... in addition to mystical lightning strikes against a shield at reduced power due to muliple duplicates..... it's going through it without much trouble

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

guess what i just remembered......

"Certain powers are banned......

2. Telepathic mind shutdowns (IE., Jean Grey causing a foe to think themselves into death, or simply pass out).......

11. Mind control (IE., Emma Frost taking over a foe's mind and using him to fight his own team, kill himself, etc.)"

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ghlight=evangel

the tournament rules....... i knew there was a reason i didn't choose a strong telepath as one of my picks....... no controlling of my mind for you KVD

id just like to ask anyone who voted because of the whole "magic can control Quasar's mind" thing to take another look over the battle

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jun 1st, 2005 at 01:35 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 01:33 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

All seems prettyiffy.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:39 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
All seems prettyiffy.

what do you mean?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:40 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<the tournament rules....... i knew there was a reason i didn't choose a strong telepath as one of my picks....... no controlling of my mind for you KVD>>

hmm, that would likely change my mind. this is still very close though.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:04 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You can't take over someone's mind, but you can still telepathically mess it up. There's a big difference. So KVD's magical telepathy could still be running interference to slow Scoob's character down...just as long as the 'take over the mind' argument isn't used, it's within the rules and is legal.

-DM

P.S. I realize that argument kinda goes against Scoob and my vote is for him...you can see it's a close battle any way you cut it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
You can't take over someone's mind, but you can still telepathically mess it up. There's a big difference. So KVD's magical telepathy could still be running interference to slow Scoob's character down...just as long as the 'take over the mind' argument isn't used, it's within the rules and is legal.

-DM

P.S. I realize that argument kinda goes against Scoob and my vote is for him...you can see it's a close battle any way you cut it.

yeah.... i was just emphasising that the magic control thing is a non-factor

as for closeness....... with KVD expending enough concentration and power to create duplicates that'll last more than half a second, while mentally animating them to seem realistic enough to be a valid distraction AND animating the ground/granite, creating flames and also attempting psi-blasts.... his concentration and power is spread far too thinly to accomplish any of these tasks with any degree of success... FT's focused barrage will destroy each of these duplicates on contact while his continual motion will make it extremely unlikely that Thordon would be struck by any assault of MTM

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:28 PM
stormfront13

right now my vote goes to scoob

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 08:27 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

When people said MM can increase his speed and strength to Superman levels, doesn't that basically destroy him in a matter of minutes? I would think Morgred could last a while longer, but with all his shields and duplicates going, plus the draining from enhancing his strength and such would probly wear him down pretty quickly...

I'd vote Scoobless if I could... Mr. Thordon just has the raw power edge, and I really don't think distracting him with telepathy would slow him down enough for an easy takedown. Quasar has to have a crazy amount of focus as it is, and now he's working at Flash speeds. I think he'd be able to dodge better than Morgred would, which seems to be the only option for either, because of the magic/quantam energy thing. Oh, and Flash Thordon, Saviour of the Universe, has his own theme song.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 09:14 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Dizzle
When people said MM can increase his speed and strength to Superman levels, doesn't that basically destroy him in a matter of minutes? I would think Morgred could last a while longer, but with all his shields and duplicates going, plus the draining from enhancing his strength and such would probly wear him down pretty quickly...

KVD has Morg's body, not MM's. So no, he isn't using that particular power much.

Also, I think it's 3-3 right now in the voting.

-DM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 09:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I was assuming that even though its a bodily function, Morgred would still be able to use the strength enhancing if he wanted to. But I think KVD was arguing MM's speed and strength enhancing as a way to outclass FT physically, so I was asking how long he would be able to do that for without making it a suicide move...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 09:55 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Scoobless
guess what i just remembered......

"Certain powers are banned......

2. Telepathic mind shutdowns (IE., Jean Grey causing a foe to think themselves into death, or simply pass out).......

11. Mind control (IE., Emma Frost taking over a foe's mind and using him to fight his own team, kill himself, etc.)"

the tournament rules....... i knew there was a reason i didn't choose a strong telepath as one of my picks....... no controlling of my mind for you KVD

id just like to ask anyone who voted because of the whole "magic can control Quasar's mind" thing to take another look over the battle

Peruse my battle plan again Scoob, MTM is using telepathic attacks, not controlling FT's mind.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 10:26 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Peruse my battle plan again Scoob, MTM is using telepathic attacks, not controlling FT's mind.

i know.... but control was mentioned at some points and i felt it was worth mentioning

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 10:44 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

i know.... but control was mentioned at some points and i felt it was worth mentioning

I did mention it but I won't be using it, only emphasising Q's and Thor's vulnerability to mental/psychic/telepathic attacks... no disqualification win for you Scoob big grin

Last edited by K Von Doom on Jun 2nd, 2005 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 11:57 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I did mention it but I won't be using it, only emphasising Q's and Thor's vulnerability to mental/psychic/telepathic attacks... no disqualification win for you Scoob big grin

i wouldn't dream of it roll eyes (sarcastic) ........ you did check out the last post on the previous page though...... didn't you?

stick out tongue

oh... and Q isn't vulnerable to telepathic attacks anymore than Prof X or MM

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jun 2nd, 2005 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 12:06 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can confuse your mind, easily.
I don't buy the whole "its thors body, so his brain is as protected as his mind" when reffering to having Quazars mind.

both are even, just see it going KVD's way.

Could Quazar even lift mjolnir??? I doubt it.
It has nothing to do with the body, but the mind, and Quazar isn't very pure of heart.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 12:20 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

influenced isn't the same as controlled..... Enchantress may have persuaded him to do stuff but she never commanded him like a puppet and Loki's tried to kill him loads of times.... if he could just take over his mind then he wouldn't have any problem

Quasar can mentally control the items he creates.... he doesn't need his arms to move a sword construct to cut a magical bond

FT's speed advantage in flight is that great he has interplanetary flight speed coupled with Flash reaction times plus the quantum bands warn of danger coming thordon's way.... this far surpasses either Morg or MM .... you wont be able to catch him stick out tongue

i'm not firing separate blasts, i'm focusing the quantum bands power into Mjolnir and adding it to the mystical energies fired..... that plus any energy you fire can be absorbed through Mjolnir to add even more power to these blasts..... you're splitting up your power between duplicates... i'm concentrating and increasing my power into blasts.... these enhanced blasts will destroy any weak variants of your shields in an instant.... this is all while simultaneously drawing off your power cosmic whenever it is detected and add that to my own energies
Granite pillars won't penetrate quantum shields... or hurt Thor's body
the more time you spend on your confusion tactics the more of your own energy you use up...... my blasts have an infinite supply of energy, your magic does not... you will constantly weaken while i can draw in power from any source around to continually up my power output

good.... much easier target..... i continue with the blasting while also calling down full power mystical lightning bolts to hammer away at your shields from above... less target's = more time to concentrate firepower

wind is not going to force FT anywhere... and the granite pillars still wont get through my shields... or hurt me if they do (which they wont ) stick out tongue

regular fire can be absorbed by Thor...... but i don't know why you'd use it as he's invulnerable to something so timid anyway

by this point your character is feeling the strain of over using his magic and being under constant assault... you weaken and so do your shields.... with the magical aspect of your power failing your duplicates begin to fade and i can concentrate all my power and lightning on a solitary target...... under this level of attack you fall quickly and i drain all of your remaining power...... then quantum create myself up a revolver and pistol whip you unconscious

Nevertheless, Scoob, Quasar is vulnerable to magic-based telepathy as well as psionics, so seeing as you'll be using Quasar's mind. That's a big disadvantage to you. Again, influencing, not controlling. And for all intents and purposes, actual magical duplicates wouldn't even be needed... MTM would only need to convince you telepathically that there are ten MTM's right in front of you and you'd be swinging and blasting away at nothing.

As stated on your website, anything that Quasar isn't holding directly would have to be mentally controlled, and Quasar HAS to concentrate to operate a pair of scissors.

FT's speed advantage in flight is smaller than his speed advantage on foot speed. Morg has warp level flight speed, to go with reaction time. The Q bands warn Quasar of incoming energy... if he can detect it, but he can't detect magic.

It's not really going to matter if you mix quantum energy with the hammer's magic energy because your magic energy will be blocked by my mystic shields and the quantum energy by my cosmic shields... the two energies will be split up anyway.

The granite pillars shooting from the ground aren't for "breaking through" quantum shields, they're to knock you around if you don't evade them. Or you can smash through them if you'd like... if they're not just a figment of your imagination... and the ones that you choose to believe are just illusions are real.

Yep, you can concentrate your power on the duplicates, that's I was hoping you'd do... While trying to smash or absorb away at any of the duplicates, the crimson bands will be conjured to bind your legs and at the same instant a giant earth hand reaches up to grab your legs yet again while covering the crimson bands in the process, protecting them from being negated by Mjolnir. All the while being telepathically and psionically attacked - as you're smashing away at figments of your imagination. Morgred would teleport behind you, cleaving the hand that holds your hammer (Star Wars style). Another crimson band would bind your lone operating arm. Bound, burnt and reeling in pain... your character is granted release via an axe to the back.

And how will you be concentrating all your efforts on a single target when I'll be teleporting all over the battlefield? The moment I see you closing in, I'm off to the other side of the battlefield... conjuring away, shooting cosmic blasts and having you telepathically convinced that the rock that you're smashing is the real MTM.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 12:24 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

i wouldn't dream of it roll eyes (sarcastic) ........ you did check out the last post on the previous page though...... didn't you?
stick out tongue
oh... and Q isn't vulnerable to telepathic attacks anymore than Prof X or MM

Telepathic attacks that are magic based eek! Hehe. We'll let the others decide.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 12:26 AM