KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What does it take to go to hell?

What does it take to go to hell?
Started by: XxoooxX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

quote:
Hell is not a place that we go. It is simply a total disconnection from God. We cannot be sent there by Him, we simply choose not to be connected and in "fellowship" with Him
just like how it is now then

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:41 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I connect.. big grin And don't you think that if there was a hell and I was wrong that I would be prodded and feel convicted by God? And here's an interesting thought...(OH..I love it when I do), Would God now send me to hell for not believing in it anymore?

If yes, then...then..I'm screwed.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:25 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Game Over

Miffed Why if you don't do 2 of the 10C you go tell hell

I heard if you break atleast 2 of the 10 commandments, you go straight to hell.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 06:15 PM
Game Over is currently offline Click here to Send Game Over a Private Message Find more posts by Game Over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

where do you go if you break all of them? is there a bonus prize?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 10:19 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

According to the Bible you are forgiven if you try not to repeat them again.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 10:25 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darth_royke
where do you go if you break all of them? is there a bonus prize?

Ya, you get elected to a political office. laughing

The truth is: hell is right hear on Earth, but so is Heaven, so the choice is yours.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 10:38 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

i was always told that god forgives everybody..... so why is there even a hell?

heaven and hell are indeed on this earth... and they're actually inside you. if you're happy, then you are in heaven. if you're depressed, then its hell. i've been to hell more than heaven but i'm with the angels right nowwink

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 11:15 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you break ONE of the commandments you go to hell. That's why you need JESUS.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 02:17 AM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

heaven and hell are indeed on this earth... and they're actually inside you. if you're happy, then you are in heaven. if you're depressed, then its hell. i've been to hell more than heaven but i'm with the angels right nowwink

Do you know about the other 8 worlds?

10. Hell
9. Hunger
8. Animality
7. Anger
6. Heaven
5. Humanity
4. Learning
3. Realization
2. Bodhisattva
1. Buddhahood

http://www.buddhistinformation.com/10_worlds.htm

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 02:44 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would make more sense for every sin commited results in you drawing closer to the 9th layer of hell starting with Purgatory..

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 03:09 AM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yeah...It's kinda how I view it.....Sort of.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:23 AM
yerssot

if you're roman-catholic you can buy your way out with indulgences wink

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:12 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought they stopped that 600 years ago because Luther ended up reforming the whole thing and causing them to lose Germany, Sweden, etc.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 11:59 PM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Not really...It's called the "mass Today"....You pay money to the church and have a priest preform a mass and have your dead relatives prayed out of purgatory....

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 02:24 AM
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

thats creepy... if they deverved to be in hell they shouldnt be taken out...

does this work?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 02:35 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonnet
Angeloflight

Originally posted by debbiejo
Not really...It's called the "mass Today"....You pay money to the church and have a priest preform a mass and have your dead relatives prayed out of purgatory....

It is these types of practises and rituals performed by the Roman Catholic Church that has proofed them to be not The Church but just yet another church that has twisted God's word into making money for themselves. No where in the Bible is it written that you can pay your way into heaven or that of a deceased person. Money cannot beven buy forgiveness from God. I still fail to see how people can claim that the Catholic church has changed the Bible and started Christiandom for they are themselves in contradiction of the Bible.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 02:08 PM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by sonnet
It is these types of practises and rituals performed by the Roman Catholic Church that has proofed them to be not The Church but just yet another church that has twisted God's word into making money for themselves. No where in the Bible is it written that you can pay your way into heaven or that of a deceased person. Money cannot beven buy forgiveness from God. I still fail to see how people can claim that the Catholic church has changed the Bible and started Christiandom for they are themselves in contradiction of the Bible.

Yep...with the Mass thing...You generally have to have many many Masses for the one person.....My grandmother a Roman Catholic would give for a mass all the time for my deceased grandfather and my cousin....such a scam.

Though I have to say that many Protestant churches also twist scripture to fit their denomination...That's why so many pastors quit...They realized that they are forced to follow doctrine instead of what scripture teaches..

Last edited by debbiejo on Oct 11th, 2005 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 02:27 PM
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

And who says those in hell can't be redeemed? Hell is just a lower dimension, it relates well to Buddhism that the worse you are as a person, the worse your world is going to be..

This doesn't mean those who sin are doomed forever to torment and punishment. But alot of times they choose to be. You underestimate the power of pride and arrogance. Before honor, comes humility..

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 05:27 PM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonnet
Angeloflight

Originally posted by debbiejo
Yep...with the Mass thing...You generally have to have many many Masses for the one person.....My grandmother a Roman Catholic would give for a mass all the time for my deceased grandfather and my cousin....such a scam.

Though I have to say that many Protestant churches also twist scripture to fit their denomination...That's why so many pastors quit...They realized that they are forced to follow doctrine instead of what scripture teaches..

Exactly!!! That is why I have said so many times already that I am not a follower of a church but of the scriptures. Church for me is a place to worship ( which I also do at home) and to have fellowship with other christians. There are many churches and preachers who became rich from twisting scripture even amidst having poor people in their churches. If the pastor fails to follow scripture then the church will fail the people, thats how I see it.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 07:18 PM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by sonnet
Exactly!!! That is why I have said so many times already that I am not a follower of a church but of the scriptures. Church for me is a place to worship ( which I also do at home) and to have fellowship with other christians. There are many churches and preachers who became rich from twisting scripture even amidst having poor people in their churches. If the pastor fails to follow scripture then the church will fail the people, thats how I see it.

What denomination are you????...If it's ok to ask....Only cause I want to know where you're coming from.....ok?

Last edited by debbiejo on Oct 11th, 2005 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 07:29 PM