KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What does it take to go to hell?

What does it take to go to hell?
Started by: XxoooxX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sonnet
Angeloflight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
What denomination are you????...If it's ok to ask....Only cause I want to know where you're coming from.....ok?

I am going to a pentacostle church. There are many different ones in South Africa, some with very weird "rituals" and beliefs which are not scriptural. I have been to many different churches but left because the pastors all had this "vision" for their churches which involved people giving alot of money and every Sunday they preached about money and how God wants us to sow (money) into His vision for the church. And then the pastor got a new car and a new house and went on expensive vacations..... get the picture??

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 07:57 PM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

^ yep, been there......but do you believe that once someone leaves the faith that they will not enter heaven?...Or once saved always saved....just curious?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 08:19 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonnet
Angeloflight

^ yep, been there......but do you believe that once someone leaves the faith that they will not enter heaven?...Or once saved always saved....just curious?

I believe what is written in the scriptures and that is that the only way to the Father is throught His son Jesus.
If you renounce your faith in Jesus as the Saviour then according to scripture you cannot be with the Father or enter heaven. Does this mean that if you walk away now you are lost forever? No because it is how you stand before God in the day of His judgement that will determine your fate/destination. Which also means that once saved not always saved for the Bible says that near the end many will turn their back on the faith because of the lies and deceptions of the world.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 09:02 PM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I am going to a pentacostle church
why?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 06:43 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by sonnet
Bible says that near the end many will turn their back on the faith because of the lies and deceptions of the world.

Scripture as I've read it says that near the end many will depart from the faith....Which the Catholic church took as the Protestant movement The protestants thought of the Roman ..Catholic church as the Antichrist...So, the Catholic church countered that the breaking away from the faith was a future event...It's documented...

Then Darby and Scholfield (Scholfield Bible) came out with dispensation isms which are god saves different people in history or the future, like the Jews in different ways....example...Noah's day, Abraham's, time, Jesus time, future time for the Jews....Different ways to be saved depending on what part of time you lived in and how god communicated with you.

Things have been so manipulated by man....even how the scriptures were picked and placed together.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 10:06 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonnet
Angeloflight

Scripture as I've read it says that near the end many will depart from the faith....Which the Catholic church took as the Protestant movement The protestants thought of the Roman ..Catholic church as the Antichrist...So, the Catholic church countered that the breaking away from the faith was a future event...It's documented...

Then Darby and Scholfield (Scholfield Bible) came out with dispensation isms which are god saves different people in history or the future, like the Jews in different ways....example...Noah's day, Abraham's, time, Jesus time, future time for the Jews....Different ways to be saved depending on what part of time you lived in and how god communicated with you.

Things have been so manipulated by man....even how the scriptures were picked and placed together.

The faith that the Bible talks about here has nothing to to with any church, but the faith in Jesus as the Saviour and son of God. It says people will depart from that. These issues have also been adressed in the OT, so the church had not coincidently written this into the Bible. There are many scriptures about this in the NT also, it also says that the love, of the people, for God will cool down and that they will harden their harts towards God and His word, that they will follow the lies of the world (Satan) . There are a few scriptures in Psalms as well. And yes these things are happening now and it is because we are near the end time. Watch closely what is happening and is going to be in Israel in the next few years, and read the prophesies concerning these matters in Isaiah and Jeremiah but also the other prophetic books. Many has already been fulfilled even in our time and many are about to be fulfilled.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 09:10 AM
sonnet
Angeloflight

Originally posted by finti
why?

Answered that question already.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 09:11 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

The faith that the Bible talks about here has nothing to to with any church, but the faith in Jesus as the Saviour and son of God. It says people will depart from that. These issues have also been adressed in the OT, so the church had not coincidently written this into the Bible. There are many scriptures about this in the NT also, it also says that the love, of the people, for God will cool down and that they will harden their harts towards God and His word, that they will follow the lies of the world (Satan) . There are a few scriptures in Psalms as well. And yes these things are happening now and it is because we are near the end time. Watch closely what is happening and is going to be in Israel in the next few years, and read the prophesies concerning these matters in Isaiah and Jeremiah but also the other prophetic books. Many has already been fulfilled even in our time and many are about to be fulfilled.
Well the Temple being build isn't gonna happen..The dome of the Rock is there...and that's supposed to happen before any tribulation.....The thing with Israel has been happening for ever....It's historical about rebuilding the Temple...and it was, then destroyed again... Also is says that love for god will grow cold, I haven't seen that..I've seen a deeper growth in what one could call god/Spirit or higher type power...A real truth. ...There is also a discrepancy in the NT...first it says that god will turn the children's hearts against their parents....then in another place it says it will turn their hearts towards their parents...Hmmm....It wasn't good editing..

Last edited by debbiejo on Oct 15th, 2005 at 10:43 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 10:41 AM
finti

quote:
Answered that question already.
really????, well cause I asked you before about it and then you came back with

quote:
As I said before, I am not bound to a denomination,
so why pentacostle, I thought you didnt need to visit churches, you got what you needed form the bible........or was that just hogwash rambeling do do

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 06:36 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: Why if you don't do 2 of the 10C you go tell hell

Originally posted by Comic Book
I heard if you break atleast 2 of the 10 commandments, you go straight to hell.

(please log in to view the image)

Sorry, couldnt resist laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 10:51 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Temple, temple temple....according to scripture..there will be no "sacrafices to cease" if there isn't a temple....and where is it supposed to be????...Where the Dome of the rock is!!!!!!.....WON'T NEVER EVER HAPPEN....That means no peace treaty to break in the middle of the 7 year tribulation....means no antichrist to make a peace treaty.....Nope!!!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 11:14 AM
sonnet
Angeloflight

Well the Temple being build isn't gonna happen..The dome of the Rock is there...and that's supposed to happen before any tribulation.....The thing with Israel has been happening for ever....It's historical about rebuilding the Temple...and it was, then destroyed again... Also is says that love for god will grow cold, I haven't seen that..I've seen a deeper growth in what one could call god/Spirit or higher type power...A real truth. ...There is also a discrepancy in the NT...first it says that god will turn the children's hearts against their parents....then in another place it says it will turn their hearts towards their parents...Hmmm....It wasn't good editing..

If the building of the Temple is all you know about Israel and the signs surrounding them then I suggest you do yourself a favour and read the prohpetic books again. That is why many people fail to see because they do not know about all the prophesies. The love for God - that is Yaweh, the God of Israel, the God of the Bible. The world has convinced themselves that all the "gods" are one and the same and that is the biggest lie of all. The love for the one and only true God will grow cold and people will believe in a divine being who is to everybody who they want it to be. It looks like more people are becoming "spiritual" because of this misconception and that is why so many will in the end say "Lord, Lord...." and they will be told "I do not know you" because they worshipped the idea of God that was made acceptable by the world. In the end yes , it says children will turn against parents and so on and it will be because of what I just said. Just like today friends and familie and nations are turning against each. I do not recall the scripture about turning their hearts towards their parents. If you can give that I can comment on that.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 01:45 PM
sonnet
Angeloflight

Originally posted by finti
really????, well cause I asked you before about it and then you came back with

so why pentacostle, I thought you didnt need to visit churches, you got what you needed form the bible........or was that just hogwash rambeling do do

Once again you twist my words around. I said I am not bound or dependant for my faith on any specefic denomination. I found a church which happens to be a pentacostle church which I visit often for the reasons I already gave Debbiejo. You are welcome to read that again. I also said that the Bible teaches all we need to grow spiritually and to live in God's will. To me, I said, the church is a place to be with other christians and to worship God with them. I will not lose my faith if I do no go to a church because the word of God is the daily bread to my spirit and soul. Please pay attention when you read next time.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 01:54 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

If the building of the Temple is all you know about Israel and the signs surrounding them then I suggest you do yourself a favour and read the prohpetic books again. That is why many people fail to see because they do not know about all the prophesies. The love for God - that is Yaweh, the God of Israel, the God of the Bible. The world has convinced themselves that all the "gods" are one and the same and that is the biggest lie of all. The love for the one and only true God will grow cold and people will believe in a divine being who is to everybody who they want it to be. It looks like more people are becoming "spiritual" because of this misconception and that is why so many will in the end say "Lord, Lord...." and they will be told "I do not know you" because they worshipped the idea of God that was made acceptable by the world. In the end yes , it says children will turn against parents and so on and it will be because of what I just said. Just like today friends and familie and nations are turning against each. I do not recall the scripture about turning their hearts towards their parents. If you can give that I can comment on that.
I've read the prophet books so many times even I could write a movie!!!!

But it all seems to revolve around the antichrist signing a peace agreement, which in the middle of the week (meaning 7 years), that he will cause the sacrifices to end.....Of course everyones waiting for that ol temple to be built so the sacrifices can be started again....So, are you saying that there will be no agreement signed by this antichrist and no sacrifices that will be put too an end...thus no temple?

Also the nation against nation has been ever in history...only weapons have changed....

Last edited by debbiejo on Oct 17th, 2005 at 02:16 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 02:14 PM
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

question.
Can someone name all the 10 commandments? I can only think of like 2.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 03:22 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

The Catholic differs from The King James Bible
First Commandment
I, the LORD, am your God...You shall not have other gods besides me.
First Commandment
I am the LORD thy God...Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Second Commandment
You shall not take the name of the LORD, your God, in vain.
Second Commandment
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.

Third Commandment
Remember to keep holy the sabbath day.
Third Commandment
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.

Fourth Commandment
Honor your father and your mother.
Fourth Commandment
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Fifth Commandment
You shall not kill.
Fifth Commandment
Honor thy father and thy mother.

Sixth Commandment
You shall not commit adultery.
Sixth Commandment
Thou shalt not kill.

Seventh Commandment
You shall not steal.
Seventh Commandment
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Eighth Commandment
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Eighth Commandment
Thou shalt not steal.

Ninth Commandment
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
Ninth Commandment
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Tenth Commandment
You shall not covet your neighbor's house.
Tenth Commandment
Thou shalt not covet.

The Catholic 10 takes out any reference to graven images.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 03:51 PM
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

The Catholic differs from The King James Bible
First Commandment
I, the LORD, am your God...You shall not have other gods besides me.
First Commandment
I am the LORD thy God...Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Second Commandment
You shall not take the name of the LORD, your God, in vain.
Second Commandment
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.

Third Commandment
Remember to keep holy the sabbath day.
Third Commandment
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.

Fourth Commandment
Honor your father and your mother.
Fourth Commandment
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Fifth Commandment
You shall not kill.
Fifth Commandment
Honor thy father and thy mother.

Sixth Commandment
You shall not commit adultery.
Sixth Commandment
Thou shalt not kill.

Seventh Commandment
You shall not steal.
Seventh Commandment
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Eighth Commandment
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Eighth Commandment
Thou shalt not steal.

Ninth Commandment
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
Ninth Commandment
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Tenth Commandment
You shall not covet your neighbor's house.
Tenth Commandment
Thou shalt not covet.

The Catholic 10 takes out any reference to graven images.

Damn i committed 2....... well actually 2 1/2 cuz i honor my mom but not my father...... arrrgggggg hell im going to go ( if there such a thing)

And thank you by the way......

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 05:40 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
Damn i committed 2....... well actually 2 1/2 cuz i honor my mom but not my father...... arrrgggggg hell im going to go ( if there such a thing)

And thank you by the way......

Yep....you're doomed!!!!

Here you go....jump in with the rest.......

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=10#post4949460

The look whos in Hell thread...^^^^^^

Last edited by debbiejo on Oct 17th, 2005 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 09:19 PM
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

thank you again.......now i can see who im going to spend my days with while im down there..lol

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 12:08 AM
sonnet
Angeloflight

I've read the prophet books so many times even I could write a movie!!!!

But it all seems to revolve around the antichrist signing a peace agreement, which in the middle of the week (meaning 7 years), that he will cause the sacrifices to end.....Of course everyones waiting for that ol temple to be built so the sacrifices can be started again....So, are you saying that there will be no agreement signed by this antichrist and no sacrifices that will be put too an end...thus no temple?

Also the nation against nation has been ever in history...only weapons have changed....

You keep quoting the "popular" ones. All of the prophecies will be fulfilled even the one about the temple. The history of Israel goes back further that 2000 yearsBC. Israel was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. At that time the Jews were scattered throughout the whole earth. In 1948 after about 1900 years Israel was declared a sovereign nation and reestablished in the promised land.Then in 1967 the Jew took Jerusalem back, a fulfillment of prophecies written hundreds of years earlier. In Hosea you can read alot about Israel also including the massacre of Jews by nations (Germany for instance) as it speaks of their bodies that will lie in masses im the streets- this brings up memories of photos of dead Jews during the reign of Hitler. On of the last signs is that God's people, meaning the Jewish nation that once forsake His son Jesus, will recognise him as the Saviour. It speaks of the people returning to their Land, and many more. Even Daniel is full of accurate prophecies about Israel's history and even Alexandre the Great that was fulfilled. The fulfilment of prophecies is authentication of God's word. In 2 Peter1:20,21 we read that no prophecies comes from man's interpretation or the will of man but from God as the Holy Spirit inspired them to speak.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 09:40 AM