KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Questions

Comic Book Questions
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (575): « First ... « 271 272 [273] 274 275 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Re: Re: SuperLearning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ouallada
Another important reason in my opinion is that I am not sure the traditional martial arts theories of technique -> speed/power apply for a being with those physical attributes.
Now that is an interesting perspective. A while back I had posted a question asking what would be an appropriate style of combat art for a superhuman being, especially one that can fly. I think the final fight scene between Neo and Agent Smith gave a fair approximation, even if they did incorporate more traditional kung fu than aerial fighting (which seemed largely limited to bodyramming--sheesh, talk about telegraphing what your next move is gonna be).

And the fact that martial arts is typically the schitck of lower level physical characters.
Yeah, there's always that. We can't have the top tier guys have everything.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 8th, 2008 09:33 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by Nihilist
would the ig/gems work in un-space?

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 9th, 2008 08:44 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^^

The gems can create from nothingness - so yes, they'd work there..

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 9th, 2008 08:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by Galan007
^^

The gems can create from nothingness - so yes, they'd work there..

thanks

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 9th, 2008 08:49 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

How powerful was Psykos aka Psyche of the Eternals? and what issues did he appear in?

Old Post May 9th, 2008 11:07 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skyfather
Bad Ass

could someone please put thesed DC characters in order of most to least powerfull
all characters are at their strongest.

anti moniter
kismet
lucifer
michael
mr mxyzptlk
parallax(hal)
ion(kyle)
specte
elaine

Owning Thor

Old Post May 10th, 2008 09:28 PM
skyfather is currently offline Click here to Send skyfather a Private Message Find more posts by skyfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

How fast is Ghost Rider's Bike?

Old Post May 11th, 2008 01:05 AM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by skyfather
could someone please put thesed DC characters in order of most to least powerfull
all characters are at their strongest.

anti moniter
kismet
lucifer
michael
mr mxyzptlk
parallax(hal)
ion(kyle)
specte
elaine
Assuming they are at their 'best'...

Elaine
Spectre/Lucifer/Michael
AM
Mxy
Ion
Parallax
Kismet

imo, of course. smile

Old Post May 11th, 2008 03:45 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Could Super Adaptoid copy Mr. Immortal's, immortality? confused

Old Post May 11th, 2008 04:18 AM
skyfather
Bad Ass

Elaine
Spectre/Lucifer/Michael
AM
Mxy
Ion
Parallax
Kismet

imo, of course. smile

thanks g

Owning Thor

Old Post May 11th, 2008 07:34 AM
skyfather is currently offline Click here to Send skyfather a Private Message Find more posts by skyfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

Could Super Adaptoid copy Mr. Immortal's, immortality? confused

interesting question. since mr. I's power works almost entirely after he's already died, it would really come down to whether or not the super adaptoid loses its powers in "death." for example, when the adaptoid in the new avengers annual got fizzed, it clearly lost what it was that made it unbreakable/sentry-level/energy-absorbing/etcetera. maybe if she'd just gotten her neck broken or lost her bottom half in an explosion or something, maybe she would've come back with mr. I's powers. it's hard to say.

i seem to remember the other adaptoids all being robotic, though, so they would likely have a somewhat difficult time replicating such a passive power. there's nothing to immediately upgrade when you copy mr. I's, and who knows if robots can even "die" to begin with. the power just may not be compatible.

Old Post May 11th, 2008 08:26 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

im confused. please help lol.

Christopher Kent. Zods kid. Supermans adopted son. iv seen him in a few comics after the mess with zod as supermans adopted son. but today i read Action Comics annual #11. and he is sucked into the phantom zone. is this the ending of the arc he was introduced? if so how did they get him out? and if not how did zod come back?

=/ i need to keep better track of superman and his drama..

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post May 11th, 2008 10:49 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Where on the 'Tier' would you put Warhammer 40,000 Space-Marines ?

Old Post May 12th, 2008 07:53 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about "up your ass" ?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 12th, 2008 08:58 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by grey fox
Where on the 'Tier' would you put Warhammer 40,000 Space-Marines ?

good question eek!

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post May 12th, 2008 11:38 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

When did Hank shrunk to atomic level as stated by Hank's skrull in the most recent Avengers the initiative issue?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 13th, 2008 08:00 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

In issue 2 or 3 of the Initiative series,the one with the Hydra ship attacking the whitehouse.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:37 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Elaine
Spectre/Lucifer/Michael
AM
Mxy
Ion
Parallax
Kismet

imo, of course. smile

Who the ~~~@~ is elaine ?

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:00 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Re: Re: Re: SuperLearning

Originally posted by Mindship
Now that is an interesting perspective. A while back I had posted a question asking what would be an appropriate style of combat art for a superhuman being, especially one that can fly. I think the final fight scene between Neo and Agent Smith gave a fair approximation, even if they did incorporate more traditional kung fu than aerial fighting (which seemed largely limited to bodyramming--sheesh, talk about telegraphing what your next move is gonna be).

Yeah, there's always that. We can't have the top tier guys have everything.

The thingy Brothers where blantly ripping off Dragon Ball Z.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 02:01 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Martian_mind
In issue 2 or 3 of the Initiative series,the one with the Hydra ship attacking the whitehouse.

So all those feats are skrull Pym, right?

Old Post May 13th, 2008 03:26 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote