KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator

Best movie
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Braveheart 25 36.23%
Gladiator 27 39.13%
Troy 13 18.84%
Felt equally about all of them 4 5.80%
Total: 69 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator
Started by: Stealth Agent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

^^ yeah, Troy was garbage.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

i very very much enjoyed TROY. i am well into my Mythology and was very taken by TROY.

Braveheart was just a cracker though, being scottish i MUST love this movie! Mel Gibson did a very good job of directing on such a difficult project. Bassically everything i was taught at school about William Wallace except a few things (a big part which was left out was at the battle of sterling (where we defeat the english) was actually named 'The Battle of Sterling Bridge' and i aced an essay paper by writing about the bridge incident)

i feel so passionate about Braveheart. Back in school we visited the 'mud-huts' which scots used to live in and its just.....an un-describable patriotic feelıng.

i am currently on holiday in Turkey and evertime we mention we are from Scotland we get the whole 'braveheart congratulations'.

But even now i would right enough fight and die for William Wallace back in them days -
1) to defend and honor my country
2) because Edward the fırst was a complete w*nker!

Gladiator - Second movie my grandpa sat me down to watch with him and i thoroughly enjoyed this epic too. Was a very good story line but it didnt quite do it for me compared to the other 2 movies. i dislike alot of movies where there are empires and slaves and such.....not a big fan of slavery-sort of disgusts me (even in movies)

Discos - Braveheart has the best movie soundtrack & also gets my vote on this thread.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:06 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Discos
i very very much enjoyed TROY. i am well into my Mythology and was very taken by TROY.

really. blink

well here is some things about the film that go against the mythology.

deep breath.

The movie suggests that Troy was sacked about a month after the Greeks landed; Homer's "Illiad" has the siege lasting over ten years. - Menelaus was not slain by Hector; he outlived him and was one of the soldiers in the Trojan Horse. He was eventually reunited with Helen and they apparently lived a happy life until his death in Sparta many years later. - Agamemnon was not killed by Briseis at Troy; he survived and returned home only to be killed by his wife Clytaemnestra and her lover Aegisthus. - Patroclus was not Achilles cousin, he was probably his lover. - Achilles was killed by a single arrow shot by Paris, way before the Greeks built the horse. - Priam was killed by Neoptolemos, son of Achilles. - Patrokles was deadly wounded by Euphorbos and Hector then cut his throat. - Ajax was not killed by Hector, instead he committed suicide, after slaughtering a flock of sheep, which in a bout of madness he mistook for the Greeks that had refused him the armor of the dead Achilles. - Paris died of a poisoned arrow shot by Philoket. - Astyanax, son of Hector, was thrown to his death from the walls of Troy by the victorious Greeks. - Andromache, wife of Hector, was taken as a slave by Neoptolemos. - Aeneas was a son in law to King Priam and the second in command of the Trojan forces. So Paris asking him his name at the end of the movie is rather strange.

this is why i didnt like the movie.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 03:11 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

hmmm, i actually never saw braveheart, never saw all of Gladiator, but i did see all of Troy. Troy was a very good movie, i will admit, but from what i did see in gladiator it looked like it would've been better. ill have to see the whole movie then get back to you

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 07:48 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

braveheart
i hated gladiator and troy was just boring

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:09 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elrariel
Bounty Hunter

Braveheart gets my vote for sure.

Whilst I liked both Gladiator and Troy, they just don't attract my attention as much as Braveheart!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:42 PM
Elrariel is currently offline Click here to Send Elrariel a Private Message Find more posts by Elrariel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

i like troy probly cuz its just one big war and the bad guys win

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:58 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

Another chance to rant about Braveheart. Excellent.

Braveheart is historical mince. I can enjoy the film but I always get pissed off cos of the lack of history.

Wallace did not outlive Edward I
He didn't get his hole from the Queen.
Bruce NEVER fought for England.
Bannockburn did not win Scotland independence.
Wallace wasn't a peasant.

I could go on, but I think this site has finally made me sick of ranting about bloody braveheart.

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 06:03 PM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by baracustastic
Another chance to rant about Braveheart. Excellent.

Braveheart is historical mince. I can enjoy the film but I always get pissed off cos of the lack of history.

Wallace did not outlive Edward I
He didn't get his hole from the Queen.
Bruce NEVER fought for England.
Bannockburn did not win Scotland independence.
Wallace wasn't a peasant.

I could go on, but I think this site has finally made me sick of ranting about bloody braveheart.

you could indeed go on...the biggest gripe being that wallace and robert the bruce never met

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 06:25 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J'sGirl2007
Beautiful Disaster

I didn't see Gladiator, but I liked the other two movies. Braveheart was so good. I thought Troy was good too. I think it's cuz I am really into Greek mythology and stuff. And I know a lot of the things in that movie were inaccurate, but for some reason I was captivated. Lol. I liked how they portrayed the death of Achilles and how the myth about him was created. I dont know. I just dont think it was that bad of a movie...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 01:03 PM
J'sGirl2007 is currently offline Click here to Send J'sGirl2007 a Private Message Find more posts by J'sGirl2007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morlow

Originally posted by bakerboy
Braveheart is the best movie of the three. Althought , gladiator is pretty close and troy is only a good movie.

What he said. smile

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:14 AM
Morlow is currently offline Click here to Send Morlow a Private Message Find more posts by Morlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Why is this in sci fi/fantasy?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 09:22 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
king_arthur

I like Troy in terms of the huge battle scenes.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 01:09 PM
king_arthur is currently offline Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Gladiator, then Braveheart.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 04:12 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Myth
Why is this in sci fi/fantasy?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 04:20 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

People these are movies for pete's sake, they do not have to be historically accurate unless otherwise stated at the begginning or end of the movie, which of the 3 the only one that does sort of commit to that is Braveheart. Gladiator in no way is suppose to be historically accurate, its just a dam cool fictional movie with a dam cool fictional protagonist. And Troy! How is Troy going to be Historically accurate when for the most part none of it is really true. Its a story written by a man, who cares if somebody else decIdes to make a movie out of it and changes some things up, it never really happenned, if you want to find out what really happenned in any of these movies watch the history channel or read a book about them. IMO all three of these movies were highly entertaining (which is the main purpose of a movie) and for what they were, somehwhat informative.

By: Juk

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 09:50 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Troy was a big steaming pile of shit bar two or three scenes...

Brendan Gleeson getting paid to beat the shit out of Orlando Bloom (i'd do it for free) was good, and the Achilles v Hector battle, good choreography... Other than that, the movie is nothing but an excuse for Brad Pitt to take his clothes off... Ridiculous...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 10:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Originally posted by Clovie
braveheart
i hated gladiator and troy was just boring

How is Troy boring? i could understand lame story, or pointless. But damn near the whole movie was action?

I liked Troy as an action flick. I don't think the story is all that bad either. I like gladiator in an entireley other way. I like it for it's excellent story line and drama. You cannot take one scene out of that move without altering the entire thing. Everything is essential. It's a good movie.

By the way i watch movie's for movies for entertainment. Thats all they are meant to be. They are not documentarys. They are movies.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 07:29 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Originally posted by Stealth Agent
How is Troy boring? i could understand lame story, or pointless. But damn near the whole movie was action?

I liked Troy as an action flick. I don't think the story is all that bad either. I like gladiator in an entireley other way. I like it for it's excellent story line and drama. You cannot take one scene out of that move without altering the entire thing. Everything is essential. It's a good movie.

By the way i watch movie's for movies for entertainment. Thats all they are meant to be. They are not documentarys. They are movies.
I didn't like Bloom's monologues erm

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:33 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Bloom was a pansy in the movie. He had two small action sceanes. I would say the rest of the action kept me on my feet enough in order to not let orlando bore me though.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 04:28 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote