KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman Forever a good movie

What grade would you give Batman Forever?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
A 5 22.73%
B 1 4.55%
C 8 36.36%
D 5 22.73%
F 1 4.55%
F- 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman Forever a good movie
Started by: bakerboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Batman Returns
ummm so what are you sayin? that you want to kill yourself watching BR?? omg, thats how i feel watching the schumacher trainwrecks!! omg, how could you tolerate carrey?? and jones??? omg, they ruined the characters SO bad, gave them a bad name!! it was SO hard to watch and enjoy! penguin was COOL AS HELL! and SCARY! and catwoman was HOT AS HELL. and burtons bat-vehicles were cool and sleek and NOT BRIGHT AND SHINY with NEON LIGHTS. batskiboat owns. batmissle too.

for the last time,only schumachers Batman and Robin was a trainwreck.maybe he could tolerate carrey because he was hysterical as the riddler. roll eyes (sarcastic) yeah jones ruined the character of two face but careey didnt.Devito more than anything ruined the penguins character big time with his horrible acting.devito gave the penguin a bad name and was incredibly hard to watch.carrey was fun to watch because he was hilarious unlike jones.after tim burtons crapfest batman movies,a major change like neon bright lights HAD to be made.He is right about one thing here other than the batmobile was shiny,yet that one of the few things that was better in the burton films that schumachers was the batmobile,but he DID hit the nail on the head that michelle phieffer was sexy as hell as catwoman. big grin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 07:34 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Batman Returns
anyone, ANYONE who says BF is better then burton films.....omg.....SAD. SCARY. WRONG. confused blink

No that would apply to the ones that say that about the burton films being better than batman forever. big grin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 07:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I think you're kinda outnumbered there though Mr.Parker

big grin

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 11:54 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Game Over

Only good until, I grew up.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 01:04 AM
Game Over is currently offline Click here to Send Game Over a Private Message Find more posts by Game Over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Game Over

It's only good until I grew up. To kiddy and rubber nipples

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 01:04 AM
Game Over is currently offline Click here to Send Game Over a Private Message Find more posts by Game Over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Originally posted by OtterVomit
This film was filled with so many cheesy cliche lines and situations that I honestly think it was made to pay homage to the campy Adam West tv show.

And you know what , it probably was . anyone recall the line "holy rusted metal batman, the ground its holey you know not rock". then batmans like "oh.." that scene made me laugh my ass off. Really its so cheesy i just make fun of it everytime.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 05:34 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

the fight scenes in the burton movies were not very good it didnt look like batman was really trying, he'll just move an arm or a leg and it looked really slow and boring ,in bf the fight scenes were fast pace and good camera angels . i know ya people liked the first batmobile but i wasnt that crazy about it it looked slow and it looked like it had a pointy nipple in the front of it but dont get me wrong im not trying to nock it just that the bf batmobile looked more like a pimpmobile that jumpoff had the blue rims with the bat symbol on it, plus it had big ass wings on it ,plus the blue engine.Also about the nipples on the costume they weren't as bad as the ones in B&R and i think they made it up to me when he pulled out the prototype costume no nipples and the mouth peace had slashes on it .One more thing BF did alot better than BR in the box office and dvd sales and for the people that never read a batman comic book made easier for them to get into the movie, it had lots of action ,a creative plot ,and those lines you call cheezy is called comedy in the movie business.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 08:16 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

You people got chill i think the batman trilogy is a masterpiece cuz check it ,each one was based on a different comicbook, burtons was based on the very first comic when batman use to kill ,schumakers were also based on the comics in a way there were comics that portrayed batman as a lighter chaerecter which people seem to forget and bb was just the begining of a new trilogy thats why it was a little boring but now that the story has been told the seqel should go straight to the action hopefully.But each one is different so if you dont like this one you can pick this one if you dont like that one you can pick another one plus there is more to come so quit bi*chen and be happy and if someone doesnt like the same one you do so what the hell with them, if you like be proud! HOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 09:39 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

except when batman killed in the beginning,he only did so when it was absolutely neccessary and there was no other way out.thats why burtons batman movies are a disgrace to his character and its sad that so many people dont care how burtons batman movies butchered to death his character and how he made it more like a james bond flick than a batman movie.also it amazes me how people dont care how burton only cast keaton only because he felt comfortable working with him and did not care about making the best casting choice possible.batman was never a short runt who was half bald. roll eyes (sarcastic)

remins me of the casting choice of burt reynolds as boss hogg.in BOTH cases,you just got to raise your hands in the air and say WTF? mad

Last edited by Mr Parker on Oct 1st, 2005 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 09:50 PM
pmike
ooooooooooooh yeah

Originally posted by lil pimp
the fight scenes in the burton movies were not very good it didnt look like batman was really trying, he'll just move an arm or a leg and it looked really slow and boring ,in bf the fight scenes were fast pace and good camera angels .

WAT???????i think the fight scenes in BF were pathetic,the burton 1s were ace because they wer in a dark and scary atmosphere.i especially didnt see how a circus boy with no martial arts training could fight 20 or so armed men,this was to cartoony unlike the scary atmosphere of BR and B89

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 09:56 PM
pmike is currently offline Click here to Send pmike a Private Message Find more posts by pmike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

i can really care less about the dark and scary atmosphere crap im talking about that im talking about the acuall fighting not the atmoshpere and what you said about robin why does every damn thing need to be explained if he can fight he can fight i never had any martial arts training but i can still whup somebodeys a$$.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 10:02 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah but 20 or so thugs?

However this wasn't nearly as bad as Batgirl, who had NO training whatsoever.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:00 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

i think that chris would have made a better nightwing than robin but im still happy that robin was in the film

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:15 AM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Originally posted by cameron666
I loved this one. it is way better than begins

Please tell me you are joking no expression...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 10:43 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by pmike
WAT???????i think the fight scenes in BF were pathetic,the burton 1s were ace because they wer in a dark and scary atmosphere.i especially didnt see how a circus boy with no martial arts training could fight 20 or so armed men,this was to cartoony unlike the scary atmosphere of BR and B89

wait a minute.that was a pretty dark and scary atmosphere in batman forever when robin encountered like over 50 thugs and it looked like he was going to die only batman came and rescued him.how is that possibly pathetic seeing batman wip 6 goons of two faces by demonstrating his martial arts expertise? the burton ones were ace? surely you are trying to be funny? laughing hate to tell you this but batman isnt the wuss burton made him into when he inexcusably got the crap beat out of him by ONE guy,the jokers goon at the end.that part was a disgrace to Batman's character because like batman begins showed so brilliantly,batman can easily handle a dozen or so men at one time,yet in the first film he couldn't even beat one guy.that was a joke.if anything,that was pathetic fight scene,not the ones in batman forever. roll eyes (sarcastic)

now the point you made about robin is actually a good and valid point.you actually have something there. wink

Last edited by Mr Parker on Oct 3rd, 2005 at 09:45 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 09:41 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
i think that chris would have made a better nightwing than robin but im still happy that robin was in the film

Im glad to see that someone else besides me and pimp appreciates it that a batman film was made that included robin in it. Happy Dance batman forever could have been a magical movie if they had just cast ANYONE other than o'donnel.he was way too old to be adopted and is a horrible actor.just like keaton was miscast as batman,o'donnel was miscast as robin.thank god for batman begins,a movie that FINALLY made great casting choices with all the characters,batman,ect and finally erased all those horrible casting choices from the schumacher/burton nightmare franchise. Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 09:48 PM
smiley8
Come what may....

I would have to agree with Batman Returns side, B89 and BR are the best ones by far and the Burton/Keaton partnership gave us a whole new take on Batman. Without Burton's Batman there would be no Nolan's Batman. However, i did enjoy BB but there was something missing from it which didnt quite make it great. BF i thought was good but they could have given riddler/2 face more character and better stories. Schumacher's films looked as if they were made just for the sake of making batman films. In BF, Carrey and Jones were the ideal actors for the parts but without the story to make it any good schumacher's films didnt have that true batman feeling.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 10:06 AM
smiley8 is currently offline Click here to Send smiley8 a Private Message Find more posts by smiley8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pmike
ooooooooooooh yeah

this film just wasnt dark and violent enough for my liking. i thought it was to colourful.it didnt have that scary feel to it that makes me chill when i watch films unlike BR and BB. i did enjoy some elements of this film though like jim carreys humour and i didnt think kilmer woz a bad batman it just had quite a more childish theme to it

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 02:18 PM
pmike is currently offline Click here to Send pmike a Private Message Find more posts by pmike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

your joking right? Ive pointed out countless of times on this thread how batman forever was the only halfway decent batman movie made of the horrible burton/keaton franchise along with batman and robin.you really need to read through those posts.many people seemed to agree it was much better than batman returns as well because it did much better at the box office which is pretty good for a third film because the majority of times,sequels dont do well at the box office by the third film.if forever had been the first film,it would easily have been the biggest money maker.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Oct 4th, 2005 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 05:56 PM
SpyCspider

hmm....i don't think he/they are joking...

and just because you've "pointed out" countless times how halfway decent it was still doesn't make it majority opinion for the MANY Batman Forever dislikers and Burton "apologists" as you call them cool

here we go....

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 08:18 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote