KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman Forever a good movie

What grade would you give Batman Forever?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
A 5 22.73%
B 1 4.55%
C 8 36.36%
D 5 22.73%
F 1 4.55%
F- 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman Forever a good movie
Started by: bakerboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

yeah your right,the burton apologists just seem to be the kind that dont want to look at the shortcomings and failures of the first two films to see how bad they really are.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 09:40 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

let me know if you agree with my statement and i'll rest my case, Mr. Parker wink

Simple: Agree or no?

"and just because you've "pointed out" countless times how halfway decent it was still doesn't make it majority opinion for the MANY Batman Forever dislikers and Burton "apologists" as you call them"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 10:19 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

yeah I agree.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 10:51 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

ditto for me

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 11:25 PM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Hey pimp,check your pm box.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 10:25 PM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I liked it as well but Batman & Robin sucked ass.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 06:58 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

That shit SUCKS. You SUCK!

Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: IT'S NOT BATMAN!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 06:43 AM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Question Do YOU Think Batman Forever is a Good movie

I have been arguing with my friend for a while now, he says Batman Forever was a good movie, i say it is not a good movie and it was made to entertain kids...my question is do you think that Batman forever is a good movie and what grade would you give it...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 05:39 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peejay88

Too childish, too neon n gay (with the butt-shots nipples n camp gothamites etc), Robin was way, way too old n, the car was crap and less practical than the Burton movie one, Bad characters e.g two face (flipping the coin multiple times and acting like a child all the time). There's so much wrong about it, the only good thing is that erm....................it's Batman, but is it?? i dunno!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 06:00 PM
peejay88 is currently offline Click here to Send peejay88 a Private Message Find more posts by peejay88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly Renee

Do YOU Think Batman Forever is a Good movie---

No, I think it's horrible. sick

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 08:45 PM
Kelly Renee is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly Renee a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly Renee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peejay88

Oh yeah sorry, got a little off topic with my last post, erm no i dont think its a good movie!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 08:24 PM
peejay88 is currently offline Click here to Send peejay88 a Private Message Find more posts by peejay88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly Renee

quote: (post)
Originally posted by peejay88
Oh yeah sorry, got a little off topic with my last post, erm no i dont think its a good movie!

I wasn't referring to you.. hehehe! Your last post was completely ontopic. (and detailed) Hehehehe. stick out tongue

I was just answering the question.. hehehehehe. embarrasment

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 10:49 PM
Kelly Renee is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly Renee a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly Renee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

It was ok in some parts.

The villains were horrible,Chris O'Donnell was annoying,and the city was too bright and coloured.

Val Kilmer and Nicole Kidman were the best things in this movie.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 10:54 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

I thought Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were perfectly cast.. but I didnt like the rest of it much.. Michael Keaton will always be Batman to me.... forever

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 11:58 PM
BAILY is currently offline Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smiley8
Come what may....

Yeah jim carrey and T.L.J were perfectly cast but the script let the film down, could have been such a great film!! but yeah it was good and i did like it but wasn't great!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 12:04 PM
smiley8 is currently offline Click here to Send smiley8 a Private Message Find more posts by smiley8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BAILY
I thought Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were perfectly cast.. but I didnt like the rest of it much.. Michael Keaton will always be Batman to me.... forever

Keaton will always be mr. mom to me....he was the best Batman until Bale arrive...the guy acts and looks like Bruce...Keaton was too short and didn't look the part..but he served it well...unlike Clooney who shouldn't have been anywhere near a bat suit.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:52 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Batman forever. This movie is about a 7 in my book. I really love Jim carrey, and I think he was PERFECTLY cast for The role as The Riddler. Tommy lee Jones was an excellent Two-face. But the origin of Two-face that they give you in this movie is RIDICULOUS! If I remember right, Two-face in "Batman Forever" got his complexion because Kingpin Threw coffee in his face. What the hell was that about? It totally rips off the origin from the comic books.

Val Kilmer as Batman wasn't the best in the world, but it was about a thousand times better than having George clooney play Batman, as mentioned above me. His portrayal of Batman was terrible, but it was pretty fair as Bruce Wayne.

The thing that really dragged the movie was the plot. The plat was terrible, for the love of god can we get some writers in here? Oh wait we just did, his name is David S. Goyer. So in conclusion, this is not the WORST batman movie, but better than Batman & robin.

There are worse movies out there guys.

C

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 03:18 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Its not near as bad as the first two films but just like all the burton/schumacher batman movies,it was dissapointing.Val Kilmer was the best bruce wayne to play the role until Bale because unlike Clooney or Keaton,he at least looked the part.He was the best part about the movie.It had some cool effects in it as well like the batplane,batboat,the bat tunnel.but just like the first two films sucked because of the horrible casting choice of keaton as batman,forever sucked as well with the horrible casting choice of o'donnel as robin.a horrible actor who was way too old for the part of robin,because of that,I give it a C as well.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 07:05 PM
bakerboy

No, i think that it was a terrible movie. Kilmer was a decent bruce wayne and some action scenes were good and fun to watch, but the rest was crap. Too many bad and annoying things to post. I give it a f as much.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:09 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Batman Forever- sketchy plot and actor performances aside it is, in my opinion still a fun movie to watch. The action and the set-pieces are good, there are quite a few snappy lines, good flashback scenes showing little bruce entering the cave- the chemistry between him and Alfred was great. Like all movies there are a few things that don't work but hey, so what?

And Kilmer was a good Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:29 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote