KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Appreciation and Anti Threads » Anit Thread: (H/Hr) Because It'd be akward and weird.

Who do you want Harry to get with
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ginny 28 62.22%
Hermionie. 17 37.78%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anit Thread: (H/Hr) Because It'd be akward and weird.
Started by: Saberstylemasta

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Diamonds
I'm Special.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Phantom
Was just about to say that. Beat me to it Rogue.
ditto, and thank you Rogue.

I'm sorry. I am a cow at the moment, and I have no excuse.
I have to say that I think that these are going to get out of hand, with bashing to members as well as the ships. I don't think I'm gonna come here any more, in case I get into trouble with mods. I sound like a wuss, don't I?

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 02:51 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Your just doing the smart thing. I'm staying because I defend my stuff and I don't care if I get banned for a while, I will take the risk of that to support what I believe.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 11:40 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your just doing the smart thing. I'm staying because I defend my stuff and I don't care if I get banned for a while, I will take the risk of that to support what I believe.

I've been banned before, and I really could care less. Bann me again if I deserve it. I aucutally requested bannage once....

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 10:08 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Wat did you get banned for?

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence look in my profile!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 02:49 AM
Coonskin 13 is currently offline Click here to Send Coonskin 13 a Private Message Find more posts by Coonskin 13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hyof
Sailing on HMS HARMONY

Re: Anit Thread: (H/Hr) Because It'd be akward and weird.

Originally posted by Pielover666
Ok, seriously, I'm not going to poke fun at, or insult anybody who is an H/Hr shipper, but I personally don't believe that They'll end up together. I'm thinking that Harry and Hermionie are just frineds, and here are some reasons why.

1. Hermionie loves Ron

2. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Harry has "strong feelings" for Ginny (ven though they broke up

3. It'd be akward and weird.

4.When Hermy and Ron stopped speaking, so did Hermy and Harry.

5. Hermionie helped RON onto the team, NOT Harry

6. Hermionie doesn't help Harry with his homework as much as she does Ron.

7. There are some things Harry only tells Ron, not Hermionie.

That's it for now, but I'll post more when I think of them, and others can post too!

I was too lazy to read the rest of the thread ( :P ), but I'd like to throw in my two sensible cents.

I'm a H/Hr shipper, and I'll counter those points.

1) Hermione loves both Harry and Ron.

2) Harry had just been in a relationship with her, and broke up with her to protect her! She's a friend, AND an 'ex'. They're both young teenagers, and young love happens VERY RARELY.

They say that best friends make the best lovers. Ron, and Hermione are his best friends, and he thinks only of them being with him on his journey with him, and Ginny was nowhere in his mind when he thought about that. They could be the last people he holds dear to him that he could ever see. So you might say, 'He loves Ginny and wants to protect her.' He loves Ron and Hermione too! HE ALWAYS ends up protecting the two, and Ginny wasn't paid much attention to UNTIL the 6th book, leaving her so called 'character development' out of the question.

3) Awkward and weird? For Ron, it was "Awkward and Weird" to have his best friend dating his baby sister. And if Ron were to date Hermione, it would be "awkward and weird" to Harry too, wouldn't you think? In the book it even said he was afraid that if the two got together, their friendship might be destroyed, leaving him torn.

4) Harry tried to talk to Hermione. Because of the sudden character change, she didn't give him the oppertunity, only because of her fury towards Ron when he tried to patch theings up between the two.

Notice in GOF. Who was Hermione with the majority of the book? HARRY. She could've easily gone off to Ron and sided with him, yet her loyalty guided her to Harry.

5) Hermione helped Ron onto the team because, she didn't like McLaggen, Ron is one of her best friends and she was practically doing Harry a favour, and Harry was already ON the team.

6) I personally love Ron's character, I really do. But it seems he DID need all the help he could get.

7) Harry only tells Ron things because he's a guy. Maybe there are some things he'd rather keep in between the two, keep it man to man, or maybe he's afraid of Hermione's reaction to what he might not tell her. Ron's more carefree and easy going, while Hermione is strict about her friends' wellfare.

As you can see, there's always a flipside to everything.

P.S. I respect your ship, and will not bash you at all, in fact, there are many sensible Herons out there who understand what we're going through with all the critisism, jokes, and bashing going on. I'd just like you to know that only SOME of our shipmates are as ignorant as some of YOURS are.

I'm still hanging on to what hope I have left for my ship, and won't give up, no matter what people say about my ship.

I congratulate you on your current 'win'.

You never know, though... THINGS CAN CHANGE.
stick out tongue stick out tongue

Last edited by hyof on Sep 4th, 2005 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 04:05 AM
hyof is currently offline Click here to Send hyof a Private Message Find more posts by hyof Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nastyyy

I'm for H\Hr shippers

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 08:56 AM
nastyyy is currently offline Click here to Send nastyyy a Private Message Find more posts by nastyyy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by hyof
I was too lazy to read the rest of the thread ( :P ), but I'd like to throw in my two sensible cents.

I'm a H/Hr shipper, and I'll counter those points.

1) Hermione loves both Harry and Ron.

2) Harry had just been in a relationship with her, and broke up with her to protect her! She's a friend, AND an 'ex'. They're both young teenagers, and young love happens VERY RARELY.

They say that best friends make the best lovers. Ron, and Hermione are his best friends, and he thinks only of them being with him on his journey with him, and Ginny was nowhere in his mind when he thought about that. They could be the last people he holds dear to him that he could ever see. So you might say, 'He loves Ginny and wants to protect her.' He loves Ron and Hermione too! HE ALWAYS ends up protecting the two, and Ginny wasn't paid much attention to UNTIL the 6th book, leaving her so called 'character development' out of the question.

3) Awkward and weird? For Ron, it was "Awkward and Weird" to have his best friend dating his baby sister. And if Ron were to date Hermione, it would be "awkward and weird" to Harry too, wouldn't you think? In the book it even said he was afraid that if the two got together, their friendship might be destroyed, leaving him torn.

4) Harry tried to talk to Hermione. Because of the sudden character change, she didn't give him the oppertunity, only because of her fury towards Ron when he tried to patch theings up between the two.

Notice in GOF. Who was Hermione with the majority of the book? HARRY. She could've easily gone off to Ron and sided with him, yet her loyalty guided her to Harry.

5) Hermione helped Ron onto the team because, she didn't like McLaggen, Ron is one of her best friends and she was practically doing Harry a favour, and Harry was already ON the team.

6) I personally love Ron's character, I really do. But it seems he DID need all the help he could get.

7) Harry only tells Ron things because he's a guy. Maybe there are some things he'd rather keep in between the two, keep it man to man, or maybe he's afraid of Hermione's reaction to what he might not tell her. Ron's more carefree and easy going, while Hermione is strict about her friends' wellfare.

As you can see, there's always a flipside to everything.

P.S. I respect your ship, and will not bash you at all, in fact, there are many sensible Herons out there who understand what we're going through with all the critisism, jokes, and bashing going on. I'd just like you to know that only SOME of our shipmates are as ignorant as some of YOURS are.

I'm still hanging on to what hope I have left for my ship, and won't give up, no matter what people say about my ship.

I congratulate you on your current 'win'.

You never know, though... THINGS CAN CHANGE.
stick out tongue stick out tongue
Yea, sadly, since you supported the ship in this thread, you aren't allowed to be here.
Originally posted by nastyyy
I'm for H\Hr shippers
and neither are you.

Rules state you can't support against the thread topic....sorry.

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 04:13 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Pielover666
Yea, sadly, since you supported the ship in this thread, you aren't allowed to be here. and neither are you.

Rules state you can't support against the thread topic....sorry.

I'd like to see where it says that. no expression

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 05:06 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 05:10 PM
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Good points hyof...................
NOT!
REPORTED!

and so are you nastyy......

B.T.W. Jo already said H/Hr isn't gonna happen.
LINK!!! (about 2/3 down)
Also she said as early as 1999 that Harry and Hermione were purely platonic (nonsexual) friends.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence look in my profile!

Last edited by Coonskin 13 on Sep 5th, 2005 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 11:57 PM
Coonskin 13 is currently offline Click here to Send Coonskin 13 a Private Message Find more posts by Coonskin 13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Coonskin 13
Wat did you get banned for?

Bashing ShaKoon (aka, stupider than a wall)

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 05:51 AM
Creshosk

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: ES: We thought it was clearer than ever that Harry and Ginny are an item and Ron and Hermione — although we think you made it painfully obvious in the first five books —

JKR: [points to herself and whispers] So do I!

ES: What was that?

JKR: [More loudly] Well so do I! So do I!

[All laugh; Melissa doubles over, hysterical, and may have died.]

ES: Harry/Hermione shippers - delusional!

JKR: Well no, I'm not going to - Emerson, I am not going to say they're delusional! They are still valued members of my readership! I am not going to use the word delusional. I am however, going to say — now I am trusting both of you to do the spoiler thing when you write this up —

[More laughter.]

JKR: I will say, that yes, I personally feel - well it's going to be clear once people have read book six. I mean, that’s it. It’s done, isn’t it? We know. Yes, we do now know that it's Ron and Hermione. I do feel that I have dropped heavy -

[All crack up]

JKR: - hints. ANVIL-sized, actually, hints, prior to this point. I certainly think even if subtle clues hadn't been picked up by the end of “Azkaban,” that by the time we hit Krum in Goblet...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 03:23 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Harry And Hermione-NO WAY. JK rolling even said that they were JUST (Key Word) Just Friends. and It would Be Absoultly Revolting to See Dan Kiss Emma in the movies. I Mean Out of every British Actor Ever on screen, Daniel Radcliff is the most revolting actor, I Could Go on all day ppl

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 05:08 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Yep, it ain't happening. No Harry and Hermione.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 01:00 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

I am back in the thread yes Anyway, it is definitely NOT a H/Hr. The H/Hr shippers should kind of READ BOOK 4 + 6 AGAIN!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 09:59 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ashea16Chic

Harry / Hermione is definitely impossible!!!

In book 6 to quote Harry (thought to himself) when he saw Ron and Hermione engaging in a romantic conversation:
"Harry always knew that Ron and Hermione would be an item... but that made him ask where it left him..."

Harry already accepted it... thereby giving a silent rule: "Hermione is off-limits." Besides Gryffindors value loyalty right? I don't think Harry would betray his best mate by snogging Ron's secret love...

>>>note: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Harry is crazy about Ginny read it in book 6...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:29 PM
Ashea16Chic is currently offline Click here to Send Ashea16Chic a Private Message Find more posts by Ashea16Chic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

Everything is in book six. The loonatic H/Hr shippers need to read it again.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:36 PM
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

Yeah, it's kind'a ridiculous that they don't think so. I mean, almost everyone, even the cast and crew of Harry Potter think Ron and Hermione will get together, not Harry and Hermione. (Not to mention Daniel Radcliffe always brags about it. You'd think that Dan found the whole Ron and Hermione relationship was more interesting than his own character from the way he acts about it, for crying out loud! roll eyes (sarcastic) ) It's so obvious! I'm surprised that there are actually still people who disagree with that!

Buds-MerMorgan02; AddictedToBoys

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 01:40 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Diamond~Kisses
Everything is in book six. The loonatic H/Hr shippers need to read it again.
NO! DON"T YOU.... Shit... now they are going to ***** over that like the thing when they thought JKR was calling them delusional, IT WASN"T HER, IT WAS THE PEOPLE ASKING HER!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 07:23 PM
Diamonds
I'm Special.

NO! DON"T YOU.... Shit... now they are going to ***** over that like the thing when they thought JKR was calling them delusional, IT WASN"T HER, IT WAS THE PEOPLE ASKING HER!
I'm sticking up for what I beleive in, remember? I will not back down again.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 07:30 PM