KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ragnos vs. reven

ragnos vs. reven
Started by: Luke Is Better

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xxxpoppunker182

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
The abilities of ragnos arent defined enough to just say "ragnos wins" as much as I would like to say revan is owned this fight cannot be determined with any accuracy.

thx for some support.

and i have to say revan is very powerful but no he isnt the most powerful but i do believe he's n the top 3 or 4 i think the most powerful are ragnos kun sadow and revan.

ragnos wouldn't easily just kill revan either. it would be something he'd have to work at same with revan but when it comes down to it i think we do need some more clarification on ragnos's power to know for sure.

but yes i do think ragnos wins but not near as easy as you guys are saying so.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:24 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I like Revan, perhaps more than any other Sith besides Count Dooku, but I drew the line a long time ago. He's not god and in this fight he is so outclassed it's ridiculous.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:25 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Revan pwn3d up some leftovers. Be that Jedi leftovers, Sith leftovers, Rakatan leftovers. He's a cool character, but he would not be in the same league as the Greatest Ruler of the Sith Empire.

Ragnos would shoot lazers out of his scepter and fry him on the spot.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:30 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Or just flinch and send Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow running to kill Revan.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Yeah that too. Or nod and Revan will kill himself.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:38 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, that too.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:59 AM
Luke Is Better

how can u say that ragnos is a better saber fighter than revan ragnos was around back when they used swords and not lightsabers so he would have had to used form 1 which sux vs. just 1 lightsaber i think revan has him outmatch with saber skills just bc of the time ragnos is in they really didn't have to many different forms of fight that could match saber skill when revan was around but i still think that ragnos jsut overpowers him with the force

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Luke Is Better a Private Message Find more posts by Luke Is Better Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

You know little about Ragnos i see . . .

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luke Is Better

ya prettty much thats y i posted this i wanted to c how powerful he was and guessin by how all u guy sweat his nuts he's probably the greatest sith ever

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Luke Is Better a Private Message Find more posts by Luke Is Better Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Wow, don't start dissing people just because they're right and you're wrong, noob.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

DARTH WINDU, THOU HAST ENCOUNTERED BATTLE WITH THE ENEMY NOOB!

>Luke is Better appears!

WHAT IS THY COMMAND?

- Attack his idiocy

- Defend the holiness of logic

- Get yo freak on, son

- STFU, n00b

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:19 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by Illustrious
Revan pwn3d up some leftovers. Be that Jedi leftovers, Sith leftovers, Rakatan leftovers. He's a cool character, but he would not be in the same league as the Greatest Ruler of the Sith Empire.

Ragnos would shoot lazers out of his scepter and fry him on the spot.

Yeah even though he only defeated one person he must be really powerful. Even though he only ruled over a couple of planets, it's not like any other Sith could possibly rule their entire lives over a couple of planets. It's not like Revan destroyed an entire Sith academy easily with less than a third of his full power later on, he couldn't rule his entire life over a couple of Sith planets. Even though Ragnos manipulated his opponents into fighting each other, and those Sith would still be attacking the dark lord who has ruled for 50 years, daily and in the hundreds surely. Even though he had people who worshipped him (as seen from his grand burial and them not knowing what to think or do without Ragnos) he wouldn't have had any supporters that would defend Ragnos at all from anything.

Even though they used swords back in those times he would still be the leader of an unstoppable Sith empire in it's peak that lost to the Republic even with a form of battle meditation, blowing up stars, and it's super powerful Sith Lords that come from the time that can whisper and kill someone from Revan's level. These Sith must have been in the height of their empire, contentedly ruling over a few planets and not daring to attack the Republic which we now know was for good reason. Even though no credible star wars site says anything about these Sith being all powerful or Ragnos being extremely powerful or even mentioning him at all sometimes they must be.

We know Kreia said that Ragnos posessed tremendous strength, both physically and in the Force. No one else could be described that way (Not Sidious, Yoda, Revan, Kun, Nadd, or Bane) Kreia the one who never manipulates or lies (telling Handmaiden that the Exile is dead, using the Exile for some ulterior motive to try and destroy the Force, etc.) Kreia said Ragnos had tremendous strength both physically and in the Force so Ragnos must be the most powerful being ever capable of destroying planets by blowing his nose. (Even though Kreia says Revan is power and staring at him was like staring at the heart of the Force back when he was just a Jedi padawan and he would later multiply his power several fold, and Kreia is saying this about someone she actually knew unlike Ragnos)

Even though Ragnos' spirit was brought back to life with enough Force energy to power an army of non-Force users to Dark Jedi who can easily wield Force lightning, his spirit didn't have enough Force power to do anything on it's own except trash talk and had to posess a Force user (increasing his power) and even though he also had a Sith Sword he lost to a Jedi knight it was a fluke or something. It's not like Kun's spirit killed a Jedi and required 12 padawans, Luke's spirit, and Vodo's spirit COMBINING their power and two lightsabers to vanquish Kun's spirit who wasn't in a Force user and didn't have a weapon and was a spirit far longer than Ragnos' spirit.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

It's not like Revan was powerful or anything. (Even though Wikipedia, the Free encyclopedia says that Revan is thought by many to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time) Ragnos or any ancient Sith for that matter would easily fart and destroy Revan and everyone else of his time (1,000 years later) [Even as a padawan, Revan's teachers were sure that he would become a champion of the Force. His master Kreia said "Revan was power. Staring at him was like staring into the heart of the Force.” Revan had a lust for knowledge, seeking out every piece of information he could about the Jedi. Revan is an extremely quick learner, doing in weeks what many cannot do in years. Master Zhar even goes as far as saying his potential is unlimited.

Revan has the highest level of Battle precog, has the Will power to resist the Dark side of an entire planet that no one else (not even Kreia) could resist, controlled an enormous space station that siphoned the power of a star and killed hundreds of other Sith who tried to control it, is perhaps the greatest tactician ever, has enormously high potential, plunders all the knowledge he could from the Jedi temples, he plundered tombs, relics, artifacts, and knowledge from a planet sized Sith storehouse of knowledge, learned dozens of ways to kill or turn Jedi/Sith, fights for 6 years straight as the leader of one of the main forces in the two different wars against powerful opponents, killing Mandalore and the strongest Echani, and was considered by Kreia (Revan's mentor who could kill three Jedi council members at the same time with one use of the Force) to be the heart of the Force.

Then he loses all that power and becomes a Jedi again, he plunders Korriban, including the tombs of four very powerful dark lords, gaining their artifacts, learning from Tulak's holocron, killing two tarentateks at the same time by himself when just one could easily kill a Jedi, he killed everyone in a Sith academy that he started, he killed the best bounty hunter at that time, a Sith Lord, he killed hundreds of dark Jedi and assassin droids, defeated and killed his apprentice Darth Malak at least twice in a row, and became even stronger than he was during his first reign (first paragraph).

Then he recovers all his memories and knowledge from Malachor V, the Jedi temples, etc. increasing his power greatly from the second paragraph, before he goes to fight the ancient Sith empire single handedly.]

Like Illustrious said, Ragnos would fry Revan with a lazer blast from his scepter (which barely hurt Kyle Katarn.)

Congratulations to those who actually read all this. For the slow ones who didn't figure it out, most of that was sarcasm except the in parenthesis parts. Don't you guys think you're making Ragnos out to be a God even though we have little knowledge of him at all? I know Ragnos must be powerful, but saying that he would nod and Revan would kill himself? I like Revan a lot, but I know he has limits and even in close fights if I think he will lose, I post it. I know there are others that can compete with him, or are perhaps even stronger. It just really irritates me that people think this guy we know almost nothing about who has only defeated one person we know of for sure in actual combat, is invincible even if you guys are exaggerating at times.

Last edited by Emperor Revan on Aug 4th, 2005 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

Frobo's back,back again
Frobo's back tell a friend

Lol I had my fun anyways dudes the truth is I must have said this 1000 times by now (not literally) but we simply have no information on ragnos swordsmanship or force powers what can we say about him? We know what his apprentices could do does that say anything about him? many times apprentices have been much more powerful then their masters. So what if ragnos was feared he could have just used a force power on the minds of the other sith or been a master manipulator like sidious we simply don't know enough to have people making these idiotic

"Ragnos would own enven though we know nothing about him."

"Or Revan would own despite the fact we have no clue what we're comparing him to"

let this thread die there's no reason to waste or time trying to make an impossible comparisson.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

PS I still think revan is more powerful out of sheer fanboy noobishness

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
Frobo's back,back again
Frobo's back tell a friend

Lol I had my fun anyways dudes the truth is I must have said this 1000 times by now (not literally) but we simply have no information on ragnos swordsmanship or force powers what can we say about him? We know what his apprentices could do does that say anything about him? many times apprentices have been much more powerful then their masters. So what if ragnos was feared he could have just used a force power on the minds of the other sith or been a master manipulator like sidious we simply don't know enough to have people making these idiotic

"Ragnos would own enven though we know nothing about him."

"Or Revan would own despite the fact we have no clue what we're comparing him to"

let this thread die there's no reason to waste or time trying to make an impossible comparisson.

I agree 100% with Frobo. The Dark lord of Hairstyles is pretty cool and at least someone agrees with me.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:58 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote:
Like Illustrious said, Ragnos would fry Revan with a lazer blast from his scepter (which barely hurt Kyle Katarn.)

I'm not even going to argue this shit. Kyle Katarn and Ragnos' scepter shooting lazers? When was this?

If you're going by game dynamics. A heavy stance saber to the chest takes off 98 shield/health points.

Wouldn't that SAME blow typically SEVER YOU IN HALF?

Emperor, you're notoriously good at taking only the facts that help your argument, and then chalking up ignorance to the rest.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:17 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I'm not even going to argue this shit. Kyle Katarn and Ragnos' scepter shooting lazers? When was this?

If you're going by game dynamics. A heavy stance saber to the chest takes off 98 shield/health points.

Wouldn't that SAME blow typically SEVER YOU IN HALF?

Emperor, you're notoriously good at taking only the facts that help your argument, and then chalking up ignorance to the rest.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

I see you responded well to my two post argument.

You say Ragnos' scepter can shoot lazers. I assumed you meant that Force energy blast that is very similar to a lazer which barely hurt Kyle when Jaden used it. If not than why are you making up stuff? I was never going on game dynamics, it was a cutscene.

Ignorance is not an excuse eh? Nice rebuttal to my several paragraphed posts with ingenious facts stopping everything I said.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:22 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote:
You say Ragnos' scepter can shoot lazers. I assumed you meant that Force energy blast that is very similar to a lazer which barely hurt Kyle when Jaden used it. If not than why are you making up stuff? I was never going on game dynamics, it was a cutscene.

The same scepter already depleted by charging up Ragnos and those legions of force users like you CLAIMED in the other thread?

What now? You're going to renege on your words?

Can't have your cake and eat it too, huh?

quote:
Ignorance is not an excuse eh? Nice rebuttal to my several paragraphed posts with ingenious facts stopping everything I said.

What the hell did your two posts with "ingenious facts" have to do with Ragnos?

You're effectively doing this:

"Anakin owns. He has the highest midi-chlorian count ever, even higher than Master Yoda. He was practically the embodiment of the force. He was the chosen one. The Jedi Master that found him, Qui-Gon called him the chosen one and demanded he be trained, Obi-Wan trained him as the chosen one.

He was considered one of the greatest heroes in the Clone Wars when he was a fraction of his true potential. And when he went dark, he killed hundreds of Jedis in the temple! YAYAYA Anakin must own Ragnos! All we know about Ragnos is that he defeated one Sith."

It doesn't matter that that Sith was considered the most powerful of his time. It doesn't matter that he could flinch and make Sadow and Kressh piss in their pants. It doesn't matter that he commanded power on his death bed. It doesn't matter that his spirit scared the crap out of Sadow and Kressh WHILE dueling, it doesn't matter that he could make Kun and Ulic bow to him, no, no, it doesn't matter, because Anakin had more affirmed kills.

Don't be daft. You're basing your argument on ignorance.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:28 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

The same scepter already depleted by charging up Ragnos and those legions of force users like you CLAIMED in the other thread?

What now? You're going to renege on your words?

Can't have your cake and eat it too, huh?

What the hell did your two posts with "ingenious facts" have to do with Ragnos?

You're effectively doing this:

"Anakin owns. He has the highest midi-chlorian count ever, even higher than Master Yoda. He was practically the embodiment of the force. He was the chosen one. The Jedi Master that found him, Qui-Gon called him the chosen one and demanded he be trained, Obi-Wan trained him as the chosen one.

He was considered one of the greatest heroes in the Clone Wars when he was a fraction of his true potential. And when he went dark, he killed hundreds of Jedis in the temple! YAYAYA Anakin must own Ragnos! All we know about Ragnos is that he defeated one Sith."

It doesn't matter that that Sith was considered the most powerful of his time. It doesn't matter that he could flinch and make Sadow and Kressh piss in their pants. It doesn't matter that he commanded power on his death bed. It doesn't matter that his spirit scared the crap out of Sadow and Kressh WHILE dueling, it doesn't matter that he could make Kun and Ulic bow to him, no, no, it doesn't matter, because Anakin had more affirmed kills.

Don't be daft. You're basing your argument on ignorance.

Firstly, Jaden only used the scepter against Kyle ON THE DARK SIDE ONLY! Meaning Tavion didn't bring Ragnos back to life now did he? It's kinda funny you thinking you're always right and trying to rub it in just to find out you're wrong.

The "ingenious facts" I said was merely sarcasm toward your last post which you only commented on the scepter. It wasn't about my posts.

Now I have never read anywhere that Sadow and Kressh feared him or at least as much as you say. Sure they didn't fight him, instead they were smart and merely waited for him to die. They didn't follow his orders when Ragnos came to them as a spirit now did they?

Next, Kun and Ulic DID NOT bow before him. I'm getting sick of you making up your little fantasies about what you wish happened. And you think I have bad arguments and total ignorance?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:02 PM