KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Level Tourney: Sign-Up Thread (Enter Now!)

Street Level Tourney: Sign-Up Thread (Enter Now!)
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Street Level Tourney: Sign-Ups Thread

Just sign up here. No drafting yet. After we have 15 sign-ups and a decent # of alternates I'll come on and announce around when drafting will start (probably won't be an exact time like this thread but it'll be a day and a rough time estimate).

Please know: This is a sign-up for the entire tourney (probably 2-3 months). Do not sign up unless you have every intention of completing it. I don't want people dropping out once it's started and have ready and willing alternates doing nothing.

I'll post a copy of the rules soon.

Good luck...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:06 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I'm in.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:06 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Me too.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:08 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

So, drafting won't be today then?

Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khellendros
I'm in.

Good to see you made it.

Supa-Mayne!

long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Da Rulz....

Number of people: 16.

Number of picks: 3 Each (not at the same time though…spread out through 3 rounds).

Fight format: Amalgam format

Draft format: Each member will PM me their pick for round 1, then 2, etc. (I'll make threads for each). If it's already been picked, I will PM them back and tell them to pick again. I will post picks as they are Pm’d to me so that others can eliminate them from their list of potential picks, but will not say who has picked each person (so that full teams will not be known so one person can't pick based upon another's strategy). At this point, if there are any problems with other people's picks (you think they're too powerful, etc.) it can be discussed. You will know who you are fighting and when, but not your opponents picks until the fight begins (eliminating the need for pre-fight write-ups and making people debate on the fly).

Important: A link/bio must be provided for each character, just like the last tourney. I will not consider that character ‘picked’ until it is accompanied by a link that provides a credible bio.

Voting: You may not vote in your own match. Voting will take place in the threads, not in a poll. Each participant must vote in at least 3 other first-round matches besides their own. Failure to do this will result in a loss of a vote in their match (possibly in the second round if it’s too late to deduct from the current round). You should want to vote anyway, but this is just further incentive.

Mind/Body: One mind that has all the experiences of your 3 picks. However, only one body can be chosen, though specific powers can transfer sometimes (example: Spider-Man’s spider-sense would transfer to a different body, but his strength would not unless you chose his body)

Voting Eligibility Date: Must be a member as of July or before. Starting Aug. 1, ineligible to vote.

Limits: In general, the limit is "powerful street level" which includes up to Spider-Man and his villians. Carnage is a bit beyond them, so he is banned. But anything “below” Carnage is acceptable.
-Strength: Class 15 (Venom limit).
Speed: Enhanced Human (Spider-Man limit)
Durability: Below Luke Cage (i.e. Cage is banned, any below is ok) Black Panther is ok.
No magic (that includes anything…spells, items, etc.)
No telepathy or telekinesis (Psylocke is ok though, and non TK shields that don’t make the character ‘beyond Carnage’ are ok)
No phasing, illusions, invisibility, or flight
Energy Projection Limit: Upper limit Cyclops. Acceptable picks would include Gambit, Electro, Shocker, etc.

Characters come equipped with “standard equipment” (I'm not knowledgable enough to know what each character's standard equipment is, but Bats will at least have a few batarangs and his "latcher" and whatever other standard stuff he normally has, Cap will have his shield, Daredevil will have his cane-weapon thingy, Wolverine will have a couple fanboys to use as a human shield, etc.)

Sign-Ups: A specific thread will be started to sign up for the tourney. I will post in this thread when I will make it. The winner of the recent amalgam tournament is assured a spot in the tourney if he wants it. Other than that, no assured entries...anyone who is a member will be eligible. Others can sign-up afterwards as 'alternates' in case someone drops out. Sign-up thread will be posted next Sunday…I will announce the exact time later in this thread. The first draft thread will probably be the Sunday after that, and we’ll follow a weekly schedule like that (1 draft per week, then 2 fights per week)

Specific Banned Members: Longshot, Luke Cage, Havoc, Carnage, Omega Red, T-1000 Terminator

Character Notes: Cyclops cannot take off his visor.

Other Notes: Characters do NOT have to be from comics. But you must still provide a credible link/bio for them and they must meet the criteria for the tournament. Also, characters will understand that they are in a death-match scenario. Thus, an argument of “Spider-Man never kills” is invalid.

Battles: Who will face whom in the first round will be chosen randomly. All battle environments will also be chosen randomly by me. All of them will be “Earth environments” and will take place at various times during the day. Thus, we won’t have any space battles, or battles in other dimensions, but there will still be some occasional unique scenarios, and possible advantages based upon the surroundings.

I retain the right to make final judgments at any time on matters, since otherwise it could devolve into chaos and arguing. But I will listen to any and all comments and try to make the best decisions I can based upon them.

….

Logan’s healing: Can heal wounds up to bullet wounds in several minutes, broken bones fractures and torn ligaments in an hour or so, and no healing from serious internal injuries/acid/heavy burning"

Spidey’s reaction: Easily dodge attacks from untrained opponents, and can dodge bullets/arrows/well trained opponents a modest amount of the time. Innate ‘warning’ system will also allow him to deflect or partially avoid blows or projectiles a modest amount of the time, thus incurring less-than-total damage from the blow/projectile.

Hawkeye’s Starting Equipment: 10 Adamantium tips, 10 Vibranium tips, 2 Acid Burst tips, 2 Bola tips (entanglement), 2 Electrical tips, 2 Explosive tips (Grenade-level damage), 1 Net Arrow, 2 Sonic Tips, 3 Magnetic Arrows (will seek out magnetic target, but has other tips attached to each…1 with an electrical tip, 1 Net, 1 Sonic), 2 Flare Arrows (very bright light)

Last edited by Digi on Aug 21st, 2005 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:09 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

woo-hoo I made it(i'm in)

stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it isn't I'm going to ****ing bed.

Supa-Mayne!

Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by long pig
Good to see you made it.

I refreshed the forum page so many damn times...

Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Count me in.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:10 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

No. Tomorrow at the earliest. Probably sometime Tuesday or Wednesday though. I'll announce it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:10 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I refreshed the forum page so many damn times...

laughing
I did it so much my damn comp froze.

Cool, lam and storm!

Welcome, all of you will perish. smile

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:13 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by long pig
Welcome, all of you will perish. smile

Yes, yes they will. As will you.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:14 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I perished your mom last night....

OOOHHHHHH!!!!

laughing Later folks I'm tired.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:22 PM
zachrivard
Kratos

count me in

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 04:43 PM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I'm in

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 05:17 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Me as well. Hell yes, I made it!

That's seven kids...

And Digi, you gonna warn us before the drafts start?

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Last edited by Dizzle on Aug 21st, 2005 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 05:42 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Dizzle
And Digi, you gonna warn us before the drafts start?

Yeah, once enough are signed up I'll announce who's in and give you guys a rough time for the first draft. Hopefully there won't be as much of a rush, or as much urgency for some, unless you're going for popular people like Wolverine, Spidey, Slade, etc.

And I'll leave the draft thread up as long as needed (within reason) for everyone to pick so don't worry if you draft a day late or something. I'll be leaving it up at least for a few days, possibly more depending on character discussion.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 05:54 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I'm in. big grin

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:12 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well with Scoob, we have 9 right now.

Remember: Anyone can sign up. If you're readin this and you're interested, do it!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:25 PM