KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » The Ashes and the Rugby World Cup its great to be English

The Ashes and the Rugby World Cup its great to be English
Started by: Princess Diana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
cricket is just plain boring, same with baseball. ive always said that if the action in american football flowed alot more like rugby. then the game would be better. i dont like watching the game being stopped every 5 minutes followed by watching the teams discuss tactics,tactics which should be discussed before the game. its just pure boring and there is not much excitement like in soccer where you can watch club and country take each other on in many gripping, tense and exciting games.

Agreed about coaches, it takes all the skill of changing a game plan away from the players, its pathetic

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:49 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Princess Diana
Soccer is the most easily accessible game and easiest to play - It is the hardest to play really well smile For every Pele or Maradona you have a countless Vinny Jones and Vinny was an OK player much better than most of us.

He was as good at playing as he is at acting ! Did you know he's going to play Juggernaught in X3 ?

Someone who works with my dad whent to school with him, apparently he was complete Tw@t (suprise, suprise).

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:51 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by yahman
He was as good at playing as he is at acting ! Did you know he's going to play Juggernaught in X3 ?

Someone who works with my dad whent to school with him, apparently he was complete Tw@t (suprise, suprise).

no suprise my friend

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:56 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Once again..Rugby is a sport for players who cant make it in the "big time". Its like a kiddy league full of drunks.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 10:48 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KidRock
Once again..Rugby is a sport for players who cant make it in the "big time". Its like a kiddy league full of drunks.

laughing out loud the big time played in only one country - hilarious

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 10:53 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

DOH

Well I suppose if you count big time in relation to pay check then yes no matter what you say NFL makes some serious cheddar!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:12 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Rightttt.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:15 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: DOH

Originally posted by soleran30
Well I suppose if you count big time in relation to pay check then yes no matter what you say NFL makes some serious cheddar!

certainly does but outside the US no one knows who the players are smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:18 PM
KidRock

Re: Re: DOH

Because they are drunken nobodies..

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:21 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Re: Re: DOH

Who cares paint me into obscurity with a 10 million dollar 2 year contract........also whether its rugby or footbal they have a short life to pay professional and I will take the one that pays vs the one that bites mt ear offsmile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:25 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

so why was johnny wilkinson asked to play american football?

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:27 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imagawa666
Overlord

England did produce some fine pro wrestlers. Football sucks anyway. Full of rapists and druggies over here in good ole england. And who cares bout rugby?!? Its a medieval melee with the weapns taken out. At least in the staes wiht padding you wont get your balls crushed. Whats the point of this thread? Im proud of being english but why broadcast it? And Deano your prediction about the volcano wasnt true. Sop list5neing to scaremongers. Stuff like that is why our lands in such a state.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:49 PM
Imagawa666 is currently offline Click here to Send Imagawa666 a Private Message Find more posts by Imagawa666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Originally posted by Deano
so why was johnny wilkinson asked to play american football?

They needed a replacement..1-4th string were injuried so they need to pick from the bottom of the pit. (Europe)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:01 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Us people are proud of events like the Ashes - I stood in the rain for 4 hours to see the Queen mum god bless her!

be proud--better yet, use proper English!

Hate to burst your bubble, but there's a reason football/soccer isn't a mainstream sport in in the US--because not enough people like it. Now explain to me why we should be jealous that your country won a championship for a sport we don't all that much enjoy?

And before any of you soccer fans jump on my back, yes, I will acknoweledge that there is a large amount of soccer fans in the US. But there're more people who just don't care.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:34 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Originally posted by Imagawa666
England did produce some fine pro wrestlers. Football sucks anyway. Full of rapists and druggies over here in good ole england. And who cares bout rugby?!? Its a medieval melee with the weapns taken out. At least in the staes wiht padding you wont get your balls crushed. Whats the point of this thread? Im proud of being english but why broadcast it? And Deano your prediction about the volcano wasnt true. Sop list5neing to scaremongers. Stuff like that is why our lands in such a state.

my prediction? what made u think i believe it, show proof of this please

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:30 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imagawa666
Overlord

You were ranting on the religion forum about it in one of those armageedon threads!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:36 PM
Imagawa666 is currently offline Click here to Send Imagawa666 a Private Message Find more posts by Imagawa666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

They needed a replacement..1-4th string were injuried so they need to pick from the bottom of the pit. (Europe)

he is the best kicker in the world, thats why

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:57 PM
Deano

Originally posted by Imagawa666
You were ranting on the religion forum about it in one of those armageedon threads!

i was friggin playing around, the thread was light hearted. nothing serious

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:57 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Spearhead
be proud--better yet, use proper English!

Hate to burst your bubble, but there's a reason football/soccer isn't a mainstream sport in in the US--because not enough people like it. Now explain to me why we should be jealous that your country won a championship for a sport we don't all that much enjoy?

And before any of you soccer fans jump on my back, yes, I will acknoweledge that there is a large amount of soccer fans in the US. But there're more people who just don't care.

and thats your loss, you play your own games because your scared to lose. They are all for wimps anyway smile

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 11:32 PM
aussie

wait is this still on american football and rugby? anyway i lyk american football but the players don't even think on their feet, they are told to do a sidestep so thats what they do, ****in idiots......and after they make a big hit they stop and ***** on about how good they are whereas in rugby ud have 2 get up and tackle another huge monster.....plus theres little tempo in american football- but of course i do lyk nfl cos its kinda like watching a movie seeing as how it drags on 4 sooooo long.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 11:56 AM
aussie is currently offline Click here to Send aussie a Private Message Find more posts by aussie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote